The Burgundy Revolution, in Video Form

There's this guy who posts comments on our site under the name TheFingerman, and he's the rare voice of well-reasoned, rational, sober, grammatically correct wisdom. Here's something he posted on Wednesday:

Wow, being in Washington this week is similar to what it must have been like in the days before the Berlin Wall fell in East Germany. This explosion of anger that's been pouring out in the last few days at Snyder and everything that's been wrong with this team the last decade is amazing to watch, like the beginning of some kind of revolution. Not sure where it's going to end up, but it is compelling to watch.

Agreed, and couldn't have said it better. Even Larry Michael senses it; "a very odd atmosphere the last couple of days, around D.C. and in this building," he said Wednesday night on Redskins Nation. This week--a victory week--is one of the angriest I can remember, certainly in the three years I've been doing this job. These things sort of get a momentum of their own--like the Nats Fail stuff. Angriness begets angriness, just like failure begets failure. Of course, as always, three straight wins would make everything better, but for now, it's kinda nasty out there.

"I think this is probably the worst it's gotten, to tell you the truth, it really [is]," Casey Rabach said on Wednesday, when asked about the populace's response. "You know, I've been booed here before. I don't know if I've ever been booed for a win before. So I think this is probably the bottom of the barrel so far."

For yet another version of that sentiment, watch the above, from humorist and major Skins fan Danny Rouhier. I think it's worth two minutes of your time. The soundtrack is "We're Not Gonna Take It."

By Dan Steinberg  |  September 24, 2009; 8:21 AM ET
Categories:  Redskins
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Dropped Passes Made Zorn Turn to the Run
Next: Rock The Red Reaches Its Natural Conclusion

Comments

Nobody was booing, they were just chanting Coooooley. What? Thats not convincing?

Posted by: JDP_ | September 24, 2009 8:47 AM | Report abuse

Everyone is so uptight around here this week. What we need is a SportsBog post showing Hans Moleman Productions Presents "Man Getting Hit By Football." That will get everyone back into a good mood and ready for some football.

HTTR

Posted by: fushezzi | September 24, 2009 9:19 AM | Report abuse

I was a life long Redskin fan until Jason Taylor was signed by the skins. At that point I realized the following facts:

1. I will probably never see another Redskins owner in my lifetime.
2. Snyder regularly abuses and or takes advantage of fans.
3. The Redskins have needed O Line help for over a decade and has never been seriously addressed.
4. Snyder continually trades away the draft and tries to build through free agency.
5. The most successful franchises in the last 20 years have built through the draft.

I believe that once people start to realize that what what I have said is indisputable that famed 10,000 fan waiting list will quickly become a joke.

Last season I was a "Fan of the NFL." This season I am cheering for the Eagles and Vikings and whoever is playing the skins. But I am still shopping for a new team.

It is remarkable how easy it is to hate the Redskins.

Posted by: rbsavage3 | September 24, 2009 11:44 AM | Report abuse

I think the Skinds freefall all started on the Monday night game against the Steelers last year. They were sitting at 6-2 on MNF and they let FedEx Field turn into Heinz Field South. Looking back, I'm convinced that's where it all started.

Posted by: Loggie1 | September 24, 2009 11:55 AM | Report abuse

Good Riddance RBSavage3. When the going gets tough, the tough tuck tail.

Id find it remarkable, with loyalty like that, if you have any friends at all.

Posted by: fushezzi | September 24, 2009 12:27 PM | Report abuse

that's a good observation. this is the explosion of pent up frustration towards the dan snyder era. we are just tired of being gouged for a terrible product.

[as for the steelers game. cmon it was the night before the election. people's minds and bodies were elsewhere that night.]

Posted by: PindarPushkin | September 24, 2009 12:42 PM | Report abuse

I went through this with the Yankees in the 80s & 90s, but eventually big Stein figured out that if he trusted his baseball people (Stick Michael, Brian Cashman) they delivered better results than when he micromanaged (ie fired Billy Martin every other week). Lets hope it doesn't take 20 more years for Dan Snyder to catch on, too.

Posted by: beatkal | September 24, 2009 12:45 PM | Report abuse

Seriously, how do you go from being a lifelong Redskins fan, to rooting for whoever's playing them? Good riddance, rbsavage3. I look forward to whatever lame rose colored glasses, or you're so naive, response you come up with.

Posted by: Andymr | September 24, 2009 12:50 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Loggie1 | September 24, 2009 11:55 AM | Report abuse

So when a guy has a heart attack and slips into a coma, did it all start at the heart attack? Or did it start when he decided it'd be a good idea to eat 4 Big Macs a day, chain smoke, drink a fifth of Jack every night, and never exercise?

Posted by: ThisGuy | September 24, 2009 1:07 PM | Report abuse

Fisherman? This is ArtMonkToTheSticks.

Posted by: dcsween | September 24, 2009 1:38 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: PindarPushkin | September 24, 2009 12:42 PM

I like the election excuse. Seriously, what did the election have to with attending the game? That's absurd. If anything, the election is more reason to go to the game. If you were a fed you could come into work 2 hours late (to vote).

Unfortunately, Redskins fans are just fair-weather and you can't really argue the point. The Skins lost their mystique after that game. 35,000 Steeler fans in our house?? Sad

Posted by: Loggie1 | September 25, 2009 9:36 AM | Report abuse