Welcome Back Wiz, With Neck Tattoos
Look, obviously missing the Wizards' media day has set me up for a lifetime of hurt, because of DeShawn Stevenson's neck tattoo alone. Much credit to Truth About It for getting the first pics on the Web (including the one above), and to The Wash Times for this amazing gallery of Stevenson facial tattoo art, including the already infamous crack on the head.
But some things are worth missing to take your daughter to a Yom Kippur service, and DeShawn Stevenson face tattoos are apparently on that list. Other than wondering if "Gimme Five" now means a chop to Stevenson's neck, and wondering if his (former?) gimmick should now be called I Can't Feel My Abe, I'm really not sure what I can add here, more than 24 hours later. But I'd really have had trouble sleeping if I hadn't at least mentioned this.
Some more Wiz and Nats links, courtesy of Max Wasserman and Jake Digregorio:
* Breaking down Gilbert's quotes, some of which seem to take the Gilbert out of Gilbert: When I was entertaining and playing, all you guys focused on was my words, now I'd rather you just focus on my basketball....you know, put the gimmick out and just play basketball....I don't want to entertain anymore, I just want to go out there and play." (Truth About It)
* The Wizards got hypnotized, and Nick Young fell into a trance, started galloping around the stage with a balloon, and did an impersonation of James Brown. (Wiz Insider)
* Flip Saunders gives out iTouches to help his players learn their new offense, and they also have "Our Time" hats and t-shirts. (Bullets Forever)
* Andray Blatche has been watching too much Joe Morgan . (Truth About It)
* It's official: the Washington Nationals are number one... in the 2010 draft. They're also rapidly moving up the list of worst back-to-back seasons in my lifetime. (NFA)
* It was an everything must go sale at Nationals stadium that may or may not have included the players. And it was for a good cause! (Nats Enquirer)
* Michael Nylander will be with the Capitals...FOREVER! (On Frozen Blog)
September 29, 2009; 4:46 PM ET
Categories: Caps , Nats , Wizards
Save & Share: Previous: Portis: "I Think We Have Something Special
Next: Vegas Still Endorses the Skins' Talent Level
Posted by: popopo | September 29, 2009 5:09 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: ThisGuy | September 29, 2009 5:38 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: sitruc | October 1, 2009 4:05 PM | Report abuse
The comments to this entry are closed.