Faces of Zorn: WHAT?

(Image via Comcast SportsNet)

Jim Zorn has the most expressive press conferences I've ever seen from an NFL coach, or from any coach in any sport. Here's a feature dedicated to those looks.

There probably aren't many more Faces of Zorn left in the catalog, so we should cherish each one. Sunday's installment looked better at full speed, but it was a Face, and it came after the most important question that Zorn faces. It was the final question he answered of the day.

"Jim, as these losses pile up, do you ever start to doubt your ability or question if not your ability your approach in certain situations?" asked Rich Campbell of the Fredericksburg Free Lance-Star.

"Yeah, I question it because it hasn't happened, but I don't go in with less and less confidence that our game plan is right," Zorn replied. "I don't go in with less confidence in calling plays. To have the things that go on during the game, some of the things that aren't in my control, I've just got to keep moving on and keep helping our football team with the next call.

"And I think one of the things that should be checked out is our players, when they're in the huddle and I make this playcall, I think what we all ought to look at is see if our players are going, 'Wh-wh-wh-whaaat?' And I don't sense that. I don't sense any moaning and groaning on that sideline between series. We're really pushing forward. So I feel good about that. I think that's what I get confidence from. I get confidence from our players and their want-to and their belief that what we're doing is right. I really do."

So if you start seeing players make this face, you know the jig is really up.

Previously: The Trout Face, 'Ooaach' Exasperation, The Rabach Scowl, The Frothy Rock Star, The Big Orbs.

(Image via Comcast SportsNet)

By Dan Steinberg  |  October 19, 2009; 9:41 AM ET
Categories:  Redskins
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Revisiting Sherm Lewis's Hiring
Next: Midnight Madness: Superheroes and Thriller

Comments

Just turned down free tickets to the MNF game next week.

Posted by: eorr53 | October 19, 2009 9:52 AM | Report abuse

STOP IT.

Poor guy is under fire everywhere and you're trying to make him look more ridiculous by these posting pictures.

JUST STOP IT.

You're idiots. Doesn't he have enough trouble without making him look worse?

Posted by: cmecyclist | October 19, 2009 9:58 AM | Report abuse

Can we get some Wizards and Caps bogs? Enough with the Redskins. We get it, they are bad, Zorn makes funny faces and Cerrato lies.

While the Skins may make good web traffic they are making for a horrible Bog.

Posted by: fushezzi | October 19, 2009 10:02 AM | Report abuse

@cmecyclist

get your panties unbunched. If you read the bog you should know know it is lighthearted fare.

Posted by: Bagher | October 19, 2009 10:13 AM | Report abuse

Eorr53, I want those tickets. Still available to get them?

Posted by: trolly_time | October 19, 2009 10:17 AM | Report abuse

I HATE what is going on with this team, but I will still continue to watch, support and cheer for this team.

Posted by: rickyroge | October 19, 2009 10:24 AM | Report abuse

before he gets canned someone should ask him about the playoffs so we can get a Jim Mora moment ..might only have a week to ask him..maybe before the Eagles game ask if you guys win this 1 you are 1-1 in the division ready for a play-offs push.. lol play-offs lol

Posted by: heathdog1119 | October 19, 2009 11:26 AM | Report abuse

Fushezzi,

Couldn't agree anymore with you. We knew what we had 9 years ago. Is this all a surprise to everyone? What has changed? Why wasn't there this kind of uproar when Gibbs 2.0 left and Snyder/Cerrato took full control of player personal. Back in 1993 and 1994 when Skins went 3-13 and 4-12 there were no blogs and Media couldn't pound on them like they do know.

Here is something that is funny.

Snyder made playoffs 3 times during his tenure as an owner.

All made playoffs 3 or less during the same time frame.

Posted by: lightshow | October 19, 2009 11:38 AM | Report abuse

This is just getting to be too much to bear. Thank God for the CAPS!

Posted by: johnb5 | October 19, 2009 11:59 AM | Report abuse

Im not here to say why the Redskins offense is so terrible, only want to say that Ive been a fan since the early 70s and this is the worst I ever remember the Redskins being on offense.

Posted by: pquick6165 | October 19, 2009 12:05 PM | Report abuse

I agree - JUST STOP IT!

Two words: "Responsible Reporting"

Maybe you should feature some pictures of the cross-eyed Smithers who put this O-line together. That SOB should be the first to be fired if there is any justice in this world.

I feel for Zorn, and I am sad for my Redskins - we need a new owner...anyone got $1.5B laying around??

Posted by: Political_Stratgst | October 19, 2009 12:08 PM | Report abuse

lightshow, I assume you are counting 1999 in that tenure but seeing as how Snyder didn't get the team until February that year and had little to do with building it, I am not sure that should count.
Also your attitude seems to indicate that mediocrity is ok. The Redskins were not just a premier football team once upon a time, they were a premier franchise in sport. This team's history and fan base demands better than 1 division title, and 3 playoff wins since 1992 (when Joe Gibbs' retirement ended the second golden age of Redskins football). This demands better than 0 appearances in the NFC title game since the 1991 season.
Being better than organizations like the Lions, Raiders, Cardinals, Bears, Jaguars, Browns, Falcons, Saints, Chiefs, Bills, Panthers, Texans, 49ers, Bengals means nothing. Most of these franchises are losing operations that don't belong in the same conversation as the Redskins when it comes to NFL history (only the Raiders, 49ers and Browns have a tradition that is comparable to that of the Redskins).

Posted by: templetontherat1978 | October 19, 2009 12:27 PM | Report abuse

I've been trying to think who it was exactly that Jim Zorn reminds me of. And then it finally clicked in my head.

Poor guy. Get out of here while you still can. No need to suffer with the rest of us.

Posted by: CyborgSquirrel1 | October 19, 2009 12:52 PM | Report abuse

Snyder has a Lord Farquad complex and Cerrato is Donkey...
Where is Shrek when you need him. If someone has tickets to the SKins and Eagles game for MNF and dont want to attend the game. I take the tickets BUT, the only condition is that you give me a MILLION $$$$ to see something that turns people suicidal!

Posted by: riceldi | October 19, 2009 2:02 PM | Report abuse

templetontherat1978

"Also your attitude seems to indicate that mediocrity is ok"

I am glad you are able to know me personally and know what my attitude is.

My exact comment was:

"Here is something that is funny"

Where is that describe my attitude that I think Mediocrity is ok? All I did was point it out for fun. RELAX.

Posted by: lightshow | October 19, 2009 2:06 PM | Report abuse