Flawed execution: The video

I think it's a pretty well-established historical trope that periods of dissent lead to creative and artistic flowerings. You can have your music of the '70s and '40s; I'll gladly take the '60s and '30s, thanks very much.

The same, of course, is true in our own local Revolution. Bang Cartoon's John Tayman of Lusby does consistently excellent work animating the foibles of the NFL; see his work at BangCartoon.com.

His latest work covers his true love, the Redskins, and it goes way beyond "consistently excellent." I'd encourage you take a look.

By Dan Steinberg  |  October 29, 2009; 11:21 AM ET
Categories:  Redskins
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Brett Haber tackles the sign ban
Next: Banned Signs included a Sean Taylor tribute

Comments

Good stuff as always!

Dan For President!

Posted by: Riddler1 | October 29, 2009 11:31 AM | Report abuse

Hey Steinbog,

I love all the work you're doing here but next time you come on WPL and wear a suit, make sure to shave first. Or else I'll dedicate a blog to lack of journalistic professionalism...appearance-wise, at least. Did you show up to your WAPO interview looking like that?

Posted by: redpitbull98 | October 29, 2009 11:32 AM | Report abuse

Dude, just change the name of this Bog and get it over with.

Posted by: Section117 | October 29, 2009 11:47 AM | Report abuse

Thanks for posting that video man
I needed a laugh

Posted by: G20FdaCowboys | October 29, 2009 11:49 AM | Report abuse

Bravo, John Tayman.

Posted by: 4-12 | October 29, 2009 11:53 AM | Report abuse

People should purposely bring poignant signs to the gate of Shred Ex Field. Imagine getting images or video of Shred Ex security confiscating and ripping apart a sign with a US Flag on it. Or sign that says Support Our Troops, Chris Cooley has nice hair. I would even make one that says "Dan Snyder is awesome" just to see security rip it up. I'm going to put a big 6 Flags logo on it too. Just so I can then see it lying in the trash can ripped up.

Posted by: cjzimm | October 29, 2009 12:19 PM | Report abuse

People shoule bring a big sign that says simply "freedom of speech" or "my first amendment rights". Or a big sign that is a replica of a skins ticket. Just so you can get a picture of Schred Ex security ripping it up and throwing it in the trash.

Posted by: cjzimm | October 29, 2009 12:38 PM | Report abuse

Dan,

When DS buys the Washington Post, you will be fired.

Posted by: dc4life | October 29, 2009 1:17 PM | Report abuse

I've been a fan of bang cartoons for 2 years now. Its good to see Bang finally recognized in the mainstream media. The cartoons are very funny and entertaining stuff from Mr. Tayman, who is a local Skins fan btw.

I encourage you to check out his site and listen to his radio hour podcasts. They are not kid friendly in terms of language, but they football and sports related and are funny as hell.

Posted by: Predator48 | October 29, 2009 3:28 PM | Report abuse