Get Ready For the Paper Bags

Just about every Redskins fan I know (well, every fan but one) has felt some level of frustration in recent days. But there's no consensus on how to act on those feelings, if at all. Some fans think paper bag heads are called for. Others think that's incredibly offensive and far beneath this fan base.

Either way, it appears that 106.7 The Fan will be distributing 10,000 bags for so-inclined fans on Sunday, which could be adding lighter fluid to a slightly combustible situation. If they lose, you will see these bags on national highlight packages, without any doubt. If they win, maybe we all forget this week.

The Junkies did Fox 5 this morning, and as you can see, the bags were already out.

By Dan Steinberg  |  October 2, 2009; 2:24 PM ET
Categories:  Media , Redskins
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Cerrato Understands Fans' Frustration
Next: Cerrato Will Show You His Super Bowl Rings

Comments

Fantastic Idea!

I'm glad this city finally has a sports talk radio station to compete with the utter bore that is 980. (Especially when the unquestioned BEST team in the city right now gets minimal air time). With all of this unfocused rage at the team, 106.7 has the means and the capability to channel it all towards productive ends.

Next week 106.7 should call for a mass stadium walkout during the middle of a quarter, or a universal point at the owners box and boo chant.

Posted by: jbanks979 | October 2, 2009 2:40 PM | Report abuse

Oh wow! Bags over heads? So original...

Posted by: ChesterJLampwick | October 2, 2009 2:46 PM | Report abuse

Odds that Redskins security personnel concoct some reason to swipe said bags when fans enter the stadium? My guess is 80%

Posted by: disgruntledfan | October 2, 2009 2:57 PM | Report abuse

faces for radio

Posted by: dpkennedy | October 2, 2009 3:01 PM | Report abuse

i am furious with current ownership...but i'm still not sold on paper bags on the head. we're redskins fans, not saints fans or bengals fans...
as washingtonians, i feel like we have a little more "get up and go" than places like that. why can't we organize a walk-out during a game, or simultaneously stand up, face the owner's box and boo, or have a boycott game where we all show up to tailgate, never enter and boo the stadium from the outside? i'm merely throwing out ideas, but there has to be something that is more effective and that represents the burgundy revolution and its demographic a little more effectively.

Posted by: bacaje | October 2, 2009 3:02 PM | Report abuse

when did warren sapp get a job w/ the junkies?

i'm not a fan of wearing bags to the game. if you dont like the team, dont go. dont go to the game expecting to be dissapointed. that said, if the team goes down by 14 at halftime again, they should airdrop bags over fedex at halftime...

Posted by: dcsportsfan1 | October 2, 2009 3:02 PM | Report abuse

Oh wow! Bags over heads? So original...

Posted by: ChesterJLampwick | October 2, 2009 2:46 PM

Agreed. Everyone should just show up in a suit and tie with dark sunglasses and greased back hair, and then just starting throwing money on the floor and then stomp up and down that nothing was accomplished.

Posted by: dcsween | October 2, 2009 3:13 PM | Report abuse

I like these guys. 100% correct in this video.

And clearly they like the team, the bag says so. haha

Posted by: TheSuperhoo | October 2, 2009 3:20 PM | Report abuse

At least there is some organized resistance to Snyder now. It's a start.

Posted by: Kev29 | October 2, 2009 3:30 PM | Report abuse

Save your money and your paper bags. DONT GO TO THE GAME!! It's the 3rd game of the season. Giants went 0-3 and won the Super Bowl. Not saying that is gonna happen. But there is still alot of season left.Root for your team, or stay home and wear you bag and whine to yourself. I go to every game, and watch it til the last second. If I see a bag, Im ripping it off and pissing on it. Then you can wear it!

Posted by: wm_mulholland | October 2, 2009 3:51 PM | Report abuse

bring the bags out DC fans... let's show Dan Snyder that we are fed up with this team under his ownership. it's time the fans revolt, theres no other motivation for Snyder to improve the product on the field... so let's give him one.

Posted by: adman34 | October 2, 2009 3:52 PM | Report abuse

Only if you write "Snyderrato Sucks Coque" on the bag.

Posted by: VeloStrummer | October 2, 2009 4:09 PM | Report abuse

mulholland, I'll have a bag and i'll be in section 208. love you sweetie

Posted by: pgugino | October 2, 2009 4:12 PM | Report abuse

Pgugino, Im not walking over all the way over there to do that. Im in 132. Plus I hope you a girl, sweetie!Wont do that to the ladies. I'll just boo you!

Posted by: wm_mulholland | October 2, 2009 4:30 PM | Report abuse

The idea is funny, but I'm not wearing one. I would love if a stadium-wide chant of Snyder Sucks got started though.

And wm_mulholland, the Giants didnt start 0-3. They were 0-2 and beat us in FedEx, we couldnt score from the 2 yard line. get it straight

Posted by: jpfterps | October 2, 2009 4:55 PM | Report abuse

I will keep my bag by my side but when they don't show up to play I'm bringing it out baby!

Posted by: LongTimeSkinsFan | October 2, 2009 9:06 PM | Report abuse

Isn't it self serving when the media (106.7) hands out paper bags? I know a lot of people unfairly blame the media but in this case, it would be well deserved. You can't hand out paper bags and then report it as if it were news.

Posted by: tundey | October 3, 2009 6:01 AM | Report abuse

This is a good thing, because some of the fans who show up are ugly as sin.

Posted by: obamaerasurvivor | October 3, 2009 10:00 AM | Report abuse

I am not a Saints fan. I will not wear a bag on my head.

Posted by: keino83 | October 3, 2009 10:04 AM | Report abuse

i'd consider wearing a bag, but being stuck here in SoCal, someone might mistake me for part of RaiderNation.

& mulholland, i'm assuming you'd be having to squat to pee in that bag!

Posted by: mdrockjock | October 4, 2009 12:22 PM | Report abuse

Who do these losers think they are? The pied pipers? Let's but bags on our heads for the 4th game of the year. Great job fellas. No one did it.

Posted by: fushezzi | October 4, 2009 4:19 PM | Report abuse

The security folks at the Redskins game didn't let people bring in the paper bags given out by 106.7 -- The Fan.

So, the bags were a moot point anyhow. (If it hadn't been confiscated, I figured the bag I had gotten would have made a good conversation piece.)

Posted by: CapsFan75 | October 4, 2009 7:31 PM | Report abuse

CapsFan75,

Why didn't you just use the bag I'm assuming you wore for the Caps 2005-2007 run?

Posted by: fushezzi | October 5, 2009 8:18 AM | Report abuse

By Dan Steinberg | October 2, 2009; 2:24 PM ET

A) Who was the one fan who didn't feel some frustration last week?

B) I was glad to see the bags get taken by security at the entrance. It should be beneath our fans. 106.7 The Fan is a joke of a radio station.

Posted by: Barno1 | October 5, 2009 11:04 PM | Report abuse