Jim Zorn also thinks Eagles started 2-4 last year
On Wednesday, I noted that at least two Redskins--Clinton Portis and Phil Daniels--have taken heart this week in the knowledge that the Eagles went from 2-4 to the NFC title game a year ago. As Reader Bryan pointed out this afternoon, Jim Zorn has already gone public with the same argument.
"Ab-so-lute-ly!" he said Monday, when asked if this season was still salvageable. "I mean, last year Philadelphia was 2-4 and they went to the playoffs. I don't like to think about those kinds of statistics, because our team is our team, it's not another team and what they did. But yeah, we've got four losses, so we still have a bright future as we go down the way. Our defense is gonna keep us in ballgames, I absolutely know that. And then once we can get our offense clickin' and movin', then we'll feel happy about the decision, and it could be a real positive thing as we work down the road."
All of which is fine and dandy, but for the fact that the Eagles started 3-3 in 2008. Also, it reminded me of The Onion's take on the Skins this week, which can't be a good thing. Still, click 'n move, click 'n move.
Speaking of which, some links. Go to the bottom for the good one.
* If you haven't seen the collection of hoary old NFL jokes, applied to the Redskins, they're collected at Fight For Old D.C.
* Mister Irrelevant helps promote two new Redskins tees, both of which are stylish and non-black.
* Patrick Hruby puts Zorn on ESPN.com's Page 2, writing that "I envy Zorn. Wish I could land a similar gig. He's making great money -- guaranteed! -- to do little more than stand on the sideline, relay the decisions he's no longer making and . . . watch the Redskins play football. On second thought, maybe I have this all wrong."
* The Burgundy Revolution will not be televised, according to The Nine Commandments.
* Some fans are attempting to start "Sell the Team" chants after the first play of the second quarter on Monday night, according to Hate the Owner.
* I have nothing to do with this site, but it does amuse me that you can see photos of Stalin on Redskins' blogs nowadays and not even think twice about it. See The Curly R.
* An assortment of Tom Cruise and Daniel Snyder-themed movie posters, at Hogs Haven.
* And lastly, if you haven't seen it, here's the brilliant WJLA piece in which it's reported that the Redskins Zorn'd the vendor who was selling beer in the FedEx Field bathrooms. It's truly open season, in every way. As The Great Dave McKenna put it, there goes another revenue stream. That's really a perfect, perfect punchline. Well done, TGDM.
October 22, 2009; 4:03 PM ET
Save & Share: Previous: Mark Schlereth compares Skins to "a gigantic rash"
Next: Riggo compares Snyder to Madoff
Posted by: NateinthePDX | October 22, 2009 4:44 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: daveskin | October 22, 2009 4:45 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: skipper7 | October 22, 2009 5:06 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | October 22, 2009 6:04 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: fushezzi | October 22, 2009 9:42 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: fushezzi | October 22, 2009 9:44 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: nojunk4me | October 22, 2009 11:12 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: Freddy301 | October 23, 2009 2:54 AM | Report abuse
The comments to this entry are closed.