Riggo Slays Skins Leadership

There seems to be a pretty fierce contest underway about who can skewer the Redskins' leadership with the most colorful language, and the current leader in the clubhouse might just be John Riggins, who posted this video via his Twitter account. You might as well watch it, but here are a few of the best stingers.

* To Vinny: "Let's face it, your real true passion is radio, so I would say just go ahead and go radio full-time with the occasional appearance on ESPN, maybe TV, start analyzing games. I mean, you're a great guy, Vin, but you're no GM."

* To Zorn: "Jim, you too are not a head football coach in the NFL. High school? Definitely, you can coach in high school, you can coach my son in high school any time. Ankle biters for sure....My God, DeAngelo Hall, I'd have had my foot this far up his rectum after that whatever tackle you want to call it on Jake Delhomme to seal your fate. You don't criticize that?...You're out of your league, Jim. No offense to you, but I don't think you're gonna grow into this job. I just don't think you're cut from that right bolt of cloth, don't even know if you could be an offensive coordinator right now. But I wish you luck, and you are gone."

* To the world: "You know what they used to say about the Washington Senators, they're now gonna say about the Washington football team, which is First in war, first in peace, LAST in the NFC East. I'm afraid that's the way it is."

By Dan Steinberg  |  October 13, 2009; 4:49 PM ET
Categories:  Redskins
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Portis Addresses Dustup With Sellers and Infighting
Next: Skins Ticket Prices Hit 10-Year Low?

Comments

Instead of wearing bags to games - how about black hats and dark sunglasses?

Posted by: charley42 | October 13, 2009 5:06 PM | Report abuse

First, and Riggo, you are sooooooo on point! Yet, I digress. Please direct some harsh words towards the owner for creating a culture of instability.

Mr. Snyder-I appreciate that you will open up your wallet, and are not afraid to sign players. But, please, b4 this franchise is run further into ruins, please hire legit, bonafide, football people to run OUR organization. SHOW THAT YOU, SIR, CARE ABOUT THE PASSIONATE FANS OF THIS ONCE-PROUD TEAM!!!!

Posted by: delfranklin4 | October 13, 2009 5:07 PM | Report abuse

More!

More!

Keep it coming!

Slay the morons!

Fire Cerrato!

Posted by: ThisGuy | October 13, 2009 5:24 PM | Report abuse

spot on Riggo!

Posted by: ralston21 | October 13, 2009 5:55 PM | Report abuse

I haven't seen Riggo on tv in a while...boy has he aged....this doesn't even look like him, but he's absolutely right!

Posted by: hlef | October 13, 2009 5:58 PM | Report abuse

Interesting comments from the guy who showed up to a Super Bowl too hungover to play well. I wonder if he got a Joe Gibbs foot up his rectum that day?

Not that Riggo is saying anything incorrect here. The Redskins are a complete wreck, with no sign of recovery on the horizon. I guess we can only hope that Dan Snyder's other businesses do so poorly that he is forced to sell the team...

Posted by: acoberst1 | October 13, 2009 6:00 PM | Report abuse

Riggo should be the next hire. Coach, GM doesn't matter. Just hire him!!!

Posted by: hessone | October 13, 2009 6:05 PM | Report abuse

He always said what was on his mind when he was playing. I remember listening to the Greaseman just to hear his skits with Riggo. Couldn't agree more with (imho) possibly the greatest Redskin player ever. "give me the ball." "loosen up Sandy-baby." "I'm bored, I'm borke, I'm back." and now "you're a great guy, Vin, but you're no GM."

Posted by: HughGRection | October 13, 2009 6:05 PM | Report abuse

John Riggins. Absolutely, completely right.

Posted by: diesel_skins_ | October 13, 2009 6:08 PM | Report abuse

Riggo is the man! I wish that he would go to Dan Snyder and tell him to his face that he needs a GENERAL MANAGER! There is no way that us fans can do it, so I wish someone of stature would plea with the owner! Has anyone in any sport ever won any kind of title without a GENERAL MANAGER! ANYONE,ANYWHERE? Vinny is not a GM. He is the VICE PRES. of football operations.C`Mon now,really? He could keep his job, but this team needs a GENERAL MANAGER!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: vexed50verizonnet | October 13, 2009 6:17 PM | Report abuse

Notice that Riggo doesn't call the Redskins by name? Only "the washington football franchise?" He's not doing it because he is trying to be politically correct. He is doing it because this team is not worthy to be called Redskins. Snyder has emasculated this team.

Posted by: Randy_Hawkins | October 13, 2009 6:17 PM | Report abuse

Does Mickey Mouse wear a Jim Zorn wrist watch?

Posted by: Vic1 | October 13, 2009 6:34 PM | Report abuse

Just think what the Redskins could do with a General Manager and an uncapped year! It boggles the mind! Maybe they could get a higher draft pick if they loose the rest of this year. Can anyone say new QB? Stop trying to shove the west coast down our throats! West coast offense will never work in the NFC east! Jason Cambell has a good arm but, he will never fit the west coast offense,NEVER!Please stop trying to make it work!

Posted by: vexed50verizonnet | October 13, 2009 6:38 PM | Report abuse

Please hire the RIG!!!! At this point, it doesn't will hurt us any..

Posted by: MYPOST10 | October 13, 2009 6:41 PM | Report abuse

I love Riggo. Why isn't he on one of the locals. I guess 980 is out.

Posted by: ridgely1 | October 13, 2009 7:10 PM | Report abuse

That's f _ cking hilarious!

Posted by: nativedc | October 13, 2009 7:31 PM | Report abuse

Riggo's right...

but he's a self-promoter like the rest of em'...

Posted by: rickyroge | October 13, 2009 7:44 PM | Report abuse

"Linus, you got to lose the blanket. Oh yeh, the blanket, that's Vinnie Cerrato."
Brutal, but true.

LMAO!!!

Posted by: akjproductions | October 13, 2009 7:48 PM | Report abuse

Can't say anything new but I echoe what many have said....Mr. Snyder: Get a real GENERAL MANAGER...Cerrato has proven over the years that he's NOT a GM...Leave the decision making to professionals; and I'm confident the team's fortunes will turn around 360 degrees...What Riggo has been saying is true. We as long-suffering fans all over the world want to be proud of the franchise again and call ourselves "Washington REDSKINS" fans!!!

Posted by: fbacolod29 | October 13, 2009 7:55 PM | Report abuse

I'm glad someone will come right out and say it.

Zorn is done in this town, we all know that. Question is whether or not Snyder will summon up the sanity to fire the man who hired Zorn and made this mess in the first place.

This is VINNY'S mess! He's kept around because he lets Snyder play fantasy football with a public trust, but he'll never helm a winning team. Snyder, if you ever want to succeed, you have no choice...

FIRE VINNY! Replace him with a REAL GM who won't let you ruin this club the way you ruined Six Flags and Johnny Rockets and all of your other investments.

FIRE VINNY!
FIRE VINNY!
FIRE VINNY!

Posted by: drischord | October 13, 2009 7:55 PM | Report abuse

To vexed50verizonnet
The eagles run the west coast offense.
They do pretty well.

Posted by: jmy999 | October 13, 2009 7:56 PM | Report abuse

Riggo is just another ex-Redskin that enjoys piling on the team....funny how few of these know it alls ever coached a day in their lives. You would think that if they knew how to coach this team to victory, they would interview for the head job. Nope....it's easier to sit back and criticize.

Posted by: rsbrunn | October 13, 2009 8:06 PM | Report abuse

Am not the least a "know it all"...but just base my comments/opinions, right or wrong, on the results for all the YEARS Snyder(w/his best intentions) has been the OWNER and SOLE DECISION MAKER of the franchise.Many fans I'm sure will back me up on this....again, right or wrong!

Posted by: fbacolod29 | October 13, 2009 8:12 PM | Report abuse

FIRE VINNY and get a real football executive to make personnel decisions. This team is a joke. Everyone, including me, knew we needed a lot of O-Line help. How is that working out.

Posted by: kinsman_bob | October 13, 2009 9:38 PM | Report abuse

Mr. Riggins, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Posted by: jspin77 | October 13, 2009 10:26 PM | Report abuse

Wow! This is great, the way Riggo really feels. A lot better then when he was on radio, I knew he was biting his tongue when we was Radio working for Red Zebra/Snyder. He should get his own radio show NOT on Snyder's payroll.

Posted by: joeblazin | October 14, 2009 5:46 AM | Report abuse

Great job, Riggo. I agree with you 1000% on the Vinny piece. I don't agree completely with your Zorn thoughts, but you're close. No one can be always right. LOL

Posted by: jswanson51 | October 14, 2009 7:35 AM | Report abuse

" West coast offense will never work in the NFC east!"

Are you being sarcastic? The WCO has been working in the NFC East for a very long time now, up in Philly.

It just doesn't work when it's run by a quarterbacks coach who has never even called plays before, let alone run and entire team, with players who don't fit the system, picked by a clowshoes Owner/GM combo.

Posted by: VTDuffman | October 14, 2009 9:16 AM | Report abuse

Riggins was a great player, but now he comes off as a bitter old man. He has aged about as bad as Joe Namath, painfull to look at those guys. I guess that the good life will do that for you. If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

Posted by: VegasJim | October 14, 2009 10:39 AM | Report abuse