Smokin Al Likes Thompson Creek Windows

Because one longtime Bog reader asked, here are some screenshots of Smokin Al Koken's television ad campaign for Thompson Creek Windows. He endorses the product, via the telestrator, used on himself, while he's watching Team USA play hockey. It's a pleasing campaign, to say the least.

Full disclosure: I regularly see Al at my neighborhood fitness center, where we exchange pleasantries. And I once told a co-worker, non-ironically, that running into Al while on the treadmill had been the highlight of my day. I think it had been a bad day.

Anyhow, go buy these windows, or whatever he's asking you to do.

By Dan Steinberg  |  October 7, 2009; 10:19 AM ET
Categories:  Caps , Media
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Jim Zorn Discusses His Responsibilities
Next: Campbell Was Playing For Zorn's Future?

Comments

This can't be Al's house. Where's the stripper pole? Also, what's up with the late 20th century TV set? Tough times since the Danny wrongly canned him from 980?

Posted by: rdpinva | October 7, 2009 10:45 AM | Report abuse

Smokin Al Koken!

Posted by: hockeypunk | October 7, 2009 11:04 AM | Report abuse

Al Koken was one of my favorite people to work with when I was in that field. Always kind, always smiling. I'd buy those windows, too ... if I had a house.

Posted by: Incredulous2 | October 7, 2009 11:24 AM | Report abuse

I miss Al on dani's radio station, where he had a show with Doc, & the ex-gtown bball coach

Posted by: Max231 | October 7, 2009 2:13 PM | Report abuse

I haven't listened to 980 in so long, I didn't know Koken got fired. I always thought he drank too much haterade.

But the king of haterade was Andy Pollin. Abe's idiot nephew wore me out, so I stopped listening even before Snyder bought the team.

Posted by: gbooksdc | October 8, 2009 3:22 AM | Report abuse