Hall: Skins' response was "a little bit disheartening"

(By Toni L. Sandys - TWP)

If you didn't hear LaVar Arrington's full-throated condemnation of the Redskins' defense Monday afternoon, it's worth a listen. He started off his show on 106.7 The Fan just screaming at the top of his lungs about the lack of heart when DeAngelo Hall got caught in that scrum on that Falcons' sideline. His complaint wasn't about the late hit by LaRon Landry or about Hall's actions, but about the fact that Hall was left by himself as the Atlanta net closed in.

"Every time you want to think about what type of defense we have, just pull that clip up," Arrington said, and I'll spare you the all-caps rendering, but you have to understand that he was literally screaming. "You want to know what type of team you're cheering for, pull that clip up. Pull that up.... You had no heart. I don't care, you hearing me say it? Good. I don't need to be afraid, I don't need to be nervous. I see y'all don't get down like that. Y'all don't get down like no true riders....

"They're swarming DeAngelo, and nobody's helping him. I would have been up in that pile, oh, I'm telling you, it would have been WWF up in there.....I could have counted on one hand how many dudes was standing there, watching it. Watching it. That's why we can't win. You want to know why we can't win? It's clear and simple. That's why we can't win....

"I don't even know that I would rampage the way that I'm rampaging right now if it was the offense, because I know they're soft. I know you've got a bunch of soft dudes on the offensive side. This is the wrong side of the ball to see the behavior that we saw on Sunday. I'm sorry. Bodies should have been flying....

"There's gonna be a head count when I get finished, or you're gonna be picking me up off of the ground, whichever one comes first. I am all in. I would have ran into that crowd 100 miles an hour, smoking. Call me stupid, call me dumb, call me boneheaded, call me undisciplined, call me what you want to call me. That's a coach grabbing on my teammate, that's the head coach pushing on my teammate, saying I'm gonna kick your [behind]. I am running in that pileup head on, 100 miles an hour, let's go, CHOO CHOO! I don't care if I've got to walk in the locker room after that. I don't care. That's heart. We're playing with heart. I saw no heart. I saw no heart. I saw no dedication, no accountability for my fellow man out there on that field, and it came from the side of the ball that I would have never thought it would have came from."

So on Tuesday, Arrington had Hall on the show, and basically asked him whether he agreed.

"Can you get over something like that?" Arrington asked. "Your teammates that was out there on the field with you, do you look at them even the same way after something like that?"

"You know what, I have no choice but to fight with what I'm working with," Hall said. "You know, I've got to use what I'm working with out here. Like you said, had that been anybody else, I'd have been the first one over there. That's just kind of my makeup, that's my demeanor. I can't speak for those other guys that's out there on the field, but whoever's out there with me, I'm ready to go to battle for 'em. That's just how I am, whether it's a verbal sparring or a physical sparring, I'm always ready to mix it up. And to see those guys kind of linger over there, yeah, I don't know what was going through their minds, I don't know if they thought it was just gonna be bam-bam, everybody get up and go about their business or what.

"But you're right, you're right, it is a little frustrating not having all the guys run over and help me, because you know LaVar, any time you're on an opponent's sideline and something goes down, that whole team's trying to get a piece of you. They're gonna definitely try to get a piece of you. I was fortunate enough, no blows were thrown, it was just a lot of pushing and pulling back and forth, and big Haynesworth finally got it in his head to come over there and he started moving the crowd. He started moving the crowd....

"Definitely a little bit disheartening, man, that guys aren't running to the rescue of anybody on their team, especially when you're getting your butt kicked like that, but I guess that kind of gave us a little spark, because the guys definitely came out in the second half trying to make something happen."

(CSN's Chick Hernandez, it turns out, also expressed a similar concern on his blog:

Haynesworth arrived late to rescue DeAngelo Hall, who was caught in a nest of Falcons who were pulling at him like he was prey. What was most disturbing was the fact that, in my humble opinion, not enough Redskins came to Hall's rescue! Where was everyone? This team has issues, and that scene alone speaks to one: unity. Do you have my back or don't you? Pride.

Hernandez isn't normally one to spout off, either.)

So back to the radio show; Chad Dukes then asked Hall whether he was disappointed in his teammates.

"You know what, not disappointment," Hall said. "Like I said, it was a little bit disheartening, but disappointment is probably a little bit too big of a word that I'm prepared to throw out there. Like I said, some guys are just built different, and like I told LaVar, I'm fiery, wear my emotions on my sleeve, try to leave 100 percent out there on the field at all times. I can't speak for everybody else and their mindset and how they approach the game, but I know for me, that's just kind of how I am, that's kind of how I've always been."

Later, when Arrington asked Hall what's going wrong with this team, he again returned to this general theme.

"It's things that aren't necessarily playbook-oriented or personnel-oriented," he said. "Guys just have to go out there and give it their all. They have to care about it. They have to care more than just picking up a paycheck or putting on a uniform. They have to really care....We need a win so bad, and I don't feel like everybody feels the same way I feel. I feel like we need a win so bad that food doesn't even taste the same. I can't even come home and hug my kids the same, because something's not there. I feel a little empty."

I'm pretty sure that a lot of fans feel differently. A lot of fans feel that it's exactly personnel-oriented, that passion can't erase a lack of talent in key positions. But Hall disagreed, which is why he still felt confident saying that the Redskins can be great.

"My goals and my mindset still hasn't changed, I still feel like we're gonna be a great football team," he said. "We are hitting a lot of bumps in the road right now, but to get where you want to be, you've got to go sometimes places you don't want to go. And we're at that place right now. We're about as low as we can get right now. So when we finally get to the top, man, it's gonna be a beautiful sight. So if the fans just stick with us like they've been doing, the Redskins faithful, we're gonna definitely hold it down, try to restore some of that greatness."

(As for the melee itself, Hall said he had talked to a couple people at the NFL and NFLPA, but that he didn't think anything would happen.

"I think it definitely needs to be some justice in that situation, but all I can do is sit here and voice my opinion," he said. "It is up to the greater powers that be to kind of sort it out and figure out what to do about it, which I feel like nothing's gonna happen of it. But hey, it happened, and maybe someone can learn from it in the future.")

By Dan Steinberg  |  November 11, 2009; 9:25 AM ET
Categories:  Redskins
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Steelers fans do it again
Next: For D.C. sports, 26 = sign of the devil

Comments

lavar hit the nail right on the head...i've been saying it since sunday. no fire on this team.

Posted by: bacaje | November 11, 2009 9:53 AM | Report abuse

His teammates were in shock. It was the 1st time all season D Hall had gotten close an opponent. They were frozen in their shock. Their eyes were showing them something they had never seen before. Then later in the game, on lots of long runs, things returned to normal. D Hall running along side a Falcon RB, D Hall not wanting anything to do with tackling Turner. Dude is big! I understand. D Hall does too. That's why he waved at him after his buddy Landry dove at his shoe laces. Good times... really good times.

Posted by: TheDubb | November 11, 2009 10:00 AM | Report abuse

It's not as bad as the time Ebenezer Ekuban sacked Jeff George, and then literally dragged him five yards in celebration. The linemen claimed they didn't see it, but I assume they just hated Jeff George and didn't care.

I was stunned Landry didn't get involved. He was right there, and that seems right up his alley.

Posted by: Tank2 | November 11, 2009 10:09 AM | Report abuse

D. hall,

Play football instead of head games you moron.

Posted by: hessone | November 11, 2009 10:09 AM | Report abuse

he tackles like a girl, but runs his mouth like he's a team star & leader.
He needs someone like Darrell Green to teach him how to make open field tackles.

Posted by: Max231 | November 11, 2009 10:09 AM | Report abuse

Much ado about nothing.

Had it been anyone else on that sideline, DHall would have just stood around looking at his shoelaces too.

Again, if he could play even half as well as he can yap...

Posted by: Vic1 | November 11, 2009 10:11 AM | Report abuse

You sure this wasn't a Brian Mitchell-authored rant?

Posted by: StetSportsBlog | November 11, 2009 10:11 AM | Report abuse

Even Landry got out of there. So knucklehead Arrington thinks the whole defense should have done the perp act like Me'Angelo. Arrington's an idiot.

Posted by: kratt52 | November 11, 2009 10:18 AM | Report abuse

Hey, I am with Arrington on this one. It doesn't matter what the guy did to start it, that's your brother-in-arms out there. Those are your colors running and you are going to let the other team do that to your colors? This started in training camp with practices that were run more like a visit to a resort spa. I hang this on Zorn first and then Blache. I like Blache but I think he's got something going on in his life that is distracting him from football. Maybe he should just call it quits until he gets it ironed out. And Zorn? He has ruined this team. Vinny may not have brought the right guys in, but Zorn has pampered them and let them get away with stuff that a real coach would not have done. There is no team spirit, no pride, no maroon and gold cajones.

Posted by: RedSkinHead | November 11, 2009 10:27 AM | Report abuse

Honestly, and this might be a lame excuse to back up a team that doesn't deserve it, but I thought a lot of the guys didn't know it was going on. Laron walked away from it all with Matt Ryan, and most of the guys were back on the field with their backs turned. After a few seconds, guys started coming over (Horton, Albert). Obviously not everyone did but that could be because most of these little NFL sidelines scrums don't go on for very long. Not defending this team, I still think they have zero heart, just looking at it a different way.

Posted by: nford2 | November 11, 2009 10:36 AM | Report abuse

Also MeAngelo is the biggest p*ssy on the team. The nerve of him to try and call out his teammates. I think if they had an every man for himself all out brawl Hall would be the first one out, maybe second after Suisham. What a clown.

Posted by: nford2 | November 11, 2009 10:39 AM | Report abuse

Hall and Arrington, two guys who have always talked a game that is about 10 times as good as the one they play.

Posted by: markfromark | November 11, 2009 10:42 AM | Report abuse

arrington accomplished zip when he had a chance and knows less about the game of football....he's an authority on himself, and that's about it.

hall ought to figure out how to tackle somebody....take a look at the long plays that have been against the defense this year, and what side of the field they tend to happen on????

Posted by: outrbnksm | November 11, 2009 10:42 AM | Report abuse

Tough talk from a guy who sounded like a whiny little girl after the game. All talking about how he was going to tell Goodell that the Falcons coach said mean things to him.

Hall was lucky he wasn't ejected. And the rest of the team was smart enough to know that nothing good would have come from charging into the opponent's sideline and creating a massive brawl.

Posted by: Booyah5000 | November 11, 2009 10:45 AM | Report abuse

RedSkinHead,
You are defending D. Hall? Get a life my man. Hall is not a true Redskin period.

Posted by: hessone | November 11, 2009 10:46 AM | Report abuse

Arrington is not an idiot. The team did not have to run into the huddle 100 miles per hour I think that would be a mistake that could lead to something dangerous. However if 30 guys and some jack ass coach are surrounding my boy I am going in and getting him out and taking out anyone who gets in the way. It's just that simple.

Did anyone else notice this stupid coach ignores Landry who actually made the hit and goes after little D.Hall? That is a coward right there. Plus he waited until a bunch of players were around. Coward.

The Skins should have beat them. The Defense really let down :-(

Posted by: Mike4169 | November 11, 2009 10:53 AM | Report abuse

Forgot to mention. Maybe Hall should ask himself why nobody rushed in to help him. I am pretty sure if another player was in that pile it would have been different. Still not an excuse though. Get your boy out when the other team wants to team up on him like punks.

Posted by: Mike4169 | November 11, 2009 10:56 AM | Report abuse

defense should have backed hall up, but maybe that was payback for deangelos tackle attempt on delhomme

Posted by: jpfterps | November 11, 2009 10:57 AM | Report abuse

Hall is just a punk who Vinny Cerrato misjudged. He is overpaid and he under performs. He is good at trash talk but he cannot tackle or cover. Arrington was the first player to define Snyder for what he is. Many have followed-Riggins, Mitchell, even theisman. Hall will never be worth his salary. Vinny mortgaged the future to sign a thug.

Posted by: HelloNewman1 | November 11, 2009 11:00 AM | Report abuse

Arrington is a hypocritical jerk. Where was he when Jeff George was getting dragged all over the field by the Cowboys? If he feels so strongly, why didn't he come to George's defense then?

Posted by: poguesmahone | November 11, 2009 11:03 AM | Report abuse

Angelo, I removed the D cause he Plays none, IS A CANCER FROM HIS DAYS AT VT through ATL and now the Skins. I hate the Skins but the fact that this CLOWN has become the vocal leader/sideshow of this organization is just another example of how dsyfunctional it is! This guy can't stop a QB on 4 and two with the game on the line and now he's being asked about "the heart" of this team. PLEAASE! seeing and hearing all this Angelo Hall crap just infuriates me and reminds me of the CHOKER this guy was when at VT. The 01 VT team had the most talent and the least heart/charecter of most. Hall is a JOKE and I'd love to see him in Parking Lot to tell him that to his face.

Posted by: jdb70 | November 11, 2009 11:07 AM | Report abuse

"Call me stupid, call me dumb, call me boneheaded, call me undisciplined, call me what you want to call me."

OK Lavar. Dumb, Boneheaded, Undisciplined, etc.

Did Hall make a play? Can Hall make a play? Hall etc. are a pack of no-play hot dogs. Instill some discipline and pride in crafting a defense together, among men, THEN let whatever happen.

First of all, sideline fracases wouldn't happen, because a team-oriented, unified, mission-centric defense knows better than to get into such bush-league arguments. There's business on the field that needs to be tended to.

Posted by: Meepo | November 11, 2009 11:08 AM | Report abuse

RedSkinHead,

Posted by: hessone | November 11, 2009 10:46 AM | Report abuse

Question: What's a true "Redskin"? Better yet what is Redskin Football while you are at it?

Posted by: rlomax67 | November 11, 2009 11:13 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: HelloNewman1
-------------------------------

I would not say that Cerrato misjudged, I would say it is more that Cerrato has an inability to judge at all. If we look at what he has done to sure up holes here, he prefers the idea of retreads and former stars, even if they have been out of football for a while to trying to evaluate talent on any level. Erasmus James, BMW, Dockery, D.Hall, the potential of Larry Johnson, all smack of knee jerk moves and relclimation projects because this team, starting with Vinny, is devoit of any sense of how to properly evaluate the potential of football players.

Posted by: The_Spear | November 11, 2009 11:15 AM | Report abuse

Who is Dangelo Hall? Does he play for the Redskins?

Posted by: rlomax67 | November 11, 2009 11:15 AM | Report abuse

Or maybe the defense was somewhat hopeful he would be crushed into oblivion and they would be rid of him.

You saw how much love and respect there was for him on the sideline of his former team...

Posted by: chriskilroy | November 11, 2009 11:25 AM | Report abuse

This JOKE of a team is all TALK TALK TALK and .and zero F***** production on the field....JUST GO AWAY...you 2-14 BUMS !!!!!

Posted by: FletcherChristian1 | November 11, 2009 11:39 AM | Report abuse

I'm 50 / 50 on this one. Hall did go over to support Landry (maybe 30%) and to woof at his old team (maybe 70%). He had no real business being over there, because Landry was long gone. Go over, grab Landry, and woof as you're walking away.

That being said, if you're a good team, at the very least the other 10 guys on the field should have been over there getting him out. Whether he's right or wrong, you support him. You don't have to go in 100 miles an hour like Arrington said. Big Al coming in at about 5 mph, with a big shove was enough to get the pile moving the other way.

But it is hypocritical of Hall to come out spouting like he is. Even beginning to question other players' hearts when he is showing none on the field. He may be right in his diagnosis, but he's also a big time sympton of the problem. Make a big tackle, son, then start talking. Hell, even if he had stuck his head in there on one of those long runs and been trucked by Turner, I would have more respect for him.

He is endemic of the problem players on this team. They talk like they've done something, and in doing it, seem to convince themselves that they are playing better than they are.

Posted by: ts35 | November 11, 2009 11:41 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: nford2 | November 11, 2009 10:36 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: nford2 | November 11, 2009 10:39 AM | Report abuse

The 2 most intelligent comments I've read on the Bog in a long while. Summed up my thoughts exactly.

I pray every day that D'Angelo Hall is cut from this team. I haven't hated any Redskin in almost a decade. Not since Deion Sanders was wearing the burgundy and gold. But I absolutely despise MeAngelo. He has cost us at least 2 games this year and talks like he's the star of the team.

Posted by: Barno1 | November 11, 2009 11:44 AM | Report abuse

LaVar and D Hall two complete DOPES.

This team stinks and has for years and will for years to come.

Posted by: skinsrdone | November 11, 2009 11:46 AM | Report abuse

I would also like to add that there aren't a lot of NFL players I think I could take in a fight, probably just some kickers and punters, but I'm confident that if I ever got into a scrum with Me'Angelo Hall, I could crush him like a bug.

Posted by: Barno1 | November 11, 2009 11:50 AM | Report abuse

How is Hall threatened by a 70 year old coach in a polo shirt when he is in full pads and helmet? What a complete sissy.

Go away Hall.

Posted by: skinsrdone | November 11, 2009 11:51 AM | Report abuse

Landry popped up and was out of there - Hall instigated - there was no need for him to go into the Atlanta bench area other than for him to get a shot at someone or to let Atlanta feel good about getting rid of him.

Posted by: AsstGM | November 11, 2009 11:54 AM | Report abuse

"You know what, I have no choice but to fight with what I'm working with," Hall said. "You know, I've got to use what I'm working with out here."
=====================================

Funny, that is what the rest of the team is saying about you, DeAngelo. They have to get used to your lack of coverage and tackling skills. Oh, by the way, your punt return skills is also just as good as Randel-El's, which is pretty sad. Between your East and West and Randel-El's West and East running patterns, you two pretty much average 50 yards per return sideline to sideline but 0 yards North and South.

But all jokes aside, I did feel anger during that scrum only because all I saw was a "Redskin" helmet in the midst of all those Falcon players. I totally agree with Arrington and am pissed why it took so long for other "Redskins" to respond! Until I saw that it was DeAngelo Hall, then I understood.

Posted by: JohnWWW | November 11, 2009 11:56 AM | Report abuse

Spoken like a true sideline reporter. "if I were there..." If he was there he'd complain about the coaching and then stub a toe on his way over to help Hall...or in his words "get WWF up in there." Thanks LaVarr, you highly rated bust of a player.

Posted by: 79Pirates | November 11, 2009 12:04 PM | Report abuse

First and foremost Arrington and his antics on that show is a joke which is why i don't bother to listen to it...or any of the so called sports talk radio shows anymore...everyone wants to be a shock jock or comedian instead of giving you good sports talk radio...plus if this team hit and tackled better Ryan would've never made it over to the sideline in the first place. If Arrington had been half the star he thought he was he'd have had a better career...see the real problems with this team is stars jealous of stars, yes they dug themselves in a hole in the Atlanta game but just when the offense got rolling then the defense as expected gave the momentum right back. Our offense consistently has to go on avg 75-85 yds on practically every drive so if we could get the defense and special teams to give the offense a short field sometimes as well as score themselves how much different would some of these games be? Finally 106.7 if you want listeners get rid of the boring and unecessary likes of Arrington, Wise etc., get some real sports radio people not former jocks and writers heck give me a call I'm sure i could be a lot better and give better insight...

Posted by: papaskynz | November 11, 2009 12:04 PM | Report abuse

This team is in self-destruct mode! An implosion is pending... D Hall is right about one thing, this team has NO HEART.

Lastly, the passion and the drive has to come from the head coach first. Aw shucks Zorn cannot lead these men. He has no leadership ability. Head Coach is not about the X's and O's... it's about instilling passion, discipline, and drive in your players.

As much as I hate Vinny (FIRE Vinny!), Zorn has to go. He is a sorry excuse for a Head Coach...

Posted by: skinfannomore | November 11, 2009 12:10 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: rlomax67

Redskin Football is playing the game on the football field and not on the sideline with your mouth. And not crying about a 60 year old coach picking on you. Hall is a football player that needs to practice on basic fundamentals such as tackling, playing angles correctly, and being in the proper position to make plays, not to mention shutting that mouth of his. What a disgrace. He is at best an average corner that has gotten himself in this position. By all means he is not a true Redskin. A few example of true Redskin corners:
Pat Ficher, Darrell Green, Champ Bailey, Shawn Springs, Jeris White, Martin Mayhew, Speedy Duncan, Vernon Dean, Brian Davis. All good tacklers and good cover guys. I can't remember any of them that were as self centered as Hall is. I don't remember any of them being cry babies either. Hall is just another one of $nyder and Cerrato's quick fixes.

Posted by: hessone | November 11, 2009 12:26 PM | Report abuse

I really think that as bad as this team has played it is about time to see what this team is made of. I am ready for the surge to began or just watch this team fall apart. Their choice. But I am still here for them. They have been questioned in every aspect of the game. And the upper management is clueless. The media talks about them like trash. Enough is enough. Somebody from the Skins step up and get this ball rolling. This week the whole country is questioning their heart and sprirt. Wheres the pride. Wheres the beef. This is the week to man up and get on helping the redskins not tearing them down. Its gut check time. I really believe that this thing could turn around sunday. Or we find out that this team really has no heart. Whos is gonna step up for the Redskins. Somebody has too.

Posted by: creepyjackolopeeye | November 11, 2009 12:27 PM | Report abuse

If an opposing player had put his hands on a coach like the opposing coach here put his hands on the player, we'd be talking big fine and suspension. And here we have nothing? You can blame D-Hall for a lot of things, but he has a point here.

Posted by: 4hand | November 11, 2009 12:28 PM | Report abuse

A true redskin is one who believes no matter what. Do you believe.

Posted by: creepyjackolopeeye | November 11, 2009 12:31 PM | Report abuse

The "team" hates DeAngelo Hall obviously. Quotes because this ain't no team.

Posted by: hz9604 | November 11, 2009 12:50 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: 4hand | November 11, 2009 12:28 PM

The NFL is still looking into the incident. You are defending a player that should be fined as well. But you don't mention that. Instead you give him credit for running his mouth.Geez

Posted by: hessone | November 11, 2009 12:53 PM | Report abuse

On a real team with heart the dumbass corner wouldn't dive into the opposing sidelines just to stir things up; there'd be too much focus on the play on the field. Any surprise this happened when you were getting spanked by your old team, DeAngelo?

Posted by: minorthread | November 11, 2009 12:58 PM | Report abuse

Lavar, it's WWE now, not WWF unless you were talking about the World Wildlife Fund

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | November 11, 2009 12:59 PM | Report abuse

LaVar Arrington is an Illiterate Fool. I tried listening to his show (and a few other shows on the 'new fan') a couple of times but they are horrible. They hang up on callers who don't mimic the thoughts and feelings of the hosts. The 'new fan' is amateur at best and not worth listening to.

Posted by: whatyoutalkinboutman | November 11, 2009 1:14 PM | Report abuse

Mr. Hall - Please go after a running back, receiver, QB on your opponent's team on the field with the same level of passion seen in the sideline melee against the falcons. Arrington wins the "just shutup" award.

And for the rest of us - this is still just a boys game played by men for millions of dollars and entertainment purposes only.

Get a life and go get laid. Works every time!!!

Posted by: BenThere | November 11, 2009 1:29 PM | Report abuse

i want a list of the NFL players barno can beat up

Posted by: jpfterps | November 11, 2009 1:36 PM | Report abuse

Lavar,
It's the NFL not WWF of WWE. And you should keep to trashing $nyder and his moron FO staff. Go Riggo!!!!

Posted by: hessone | November 11, 2009 1:40 PM | Report abuse

i want a list of the NFL players barno can beat up

Posted by: jpfterps | November 11, 2009 1:36 PM

How about none.

Posted by: hessone | November 11, 2009 2:19 PM | Report abuse

You guys downing Hall on the out of bounds play have no idea what your talking about. Hall still has his hands on Landrys jersey pulling him up from the ground when Coach Fish grabs him and holds him and won't let go.......you D Hall haters are clueless on this play. He was jabbing but he was attacked. You all remind me of Tracee here at the post. Just Haters.

Posted by: creepyjackolopeeye | November 11, 2009 2:20 PM | Report abuse

that empty feeling you have deangelo, that's called hollow. most HOLLOW, shallow people get that feeling from time to time. what's funny is, no one had your back because you're an idiot, and disrespected. that also happens to shallow, hollow people from time to time. no go back into the hole that is lindsay czyrsniak, or whatever her hotness' name is and shut the f up, you make so much money and were so overrated coming into d.c., you're life is a joke.

Posted by: BMACattack | November 11, 2009 2:21 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: creepyjackolopeeye
-------------------------------------------
You my friend are a minority. And Hall is a loser. Two wrongs...........

Posted by: hessone | November 11, 2009 2:29 PM | Report abuse

iN THis case you have to agree with Hall even though his poor tackling and coverage is bad, but he is not the only corner and safety on this team. This team doesnt have heart or unity the redskins defense should have been there to help hall after Laron dumbass penalty. No one stepped up to help. This team sport unity everybody in this togther and should stick up for one another whether like him or not. Team has bunch soft guys defense and offense

Posted by: cjdwolfpack | November 11, 2009 2:34 PM | Report abuse

Only guys like Lavar and Deangelo who are all about themselves would turn this sideline junk into a big issue when the real story is we just lost for the 4th straight game, still haven't scored over 17 points this season, have numerous injuries that the team has no depth to deal with, and have an absolute circus going on in the front office and coaching staff.

Posted by: moseley_brian | November 11, 2009 2:55 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: cjdwolfpack

I don't have to agree with this loser whether I like him or not. If you go to youtube and watch the replay you will see CLEARLY Hall is the FIRST to engage #51 Demorrio Williams of the Falcons after he helps landry up off the turf. It is then Mr. Fish comes into the fray whether it be right or wrong. He will probably draw a fine as will Hall. Hall is a loser, distraction, and a moron that is overpaid. I won't defend his or any other players actions that i deem in poor taste.

Posted by: hessone | November 11, 2009 2:58 PM | Report abuse

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks Arrington is an idiot. I've tuned in to his show twice and heard incomprehensible rants both times. When he asked if the Redskins poor play had driven people to use drugs, I could not believe it. He asked his listeners if anyone had picked up 'the pipe' after a game and actually wanted callers to respond! How is this guy still on the air? Just another washed up athlete running his mouth.

Posted by: whataboutfreedom | November 11, 2009 3:02 PM | Report abuse

While were at it, the replay will show the only Redskin with any sense was Tryon trying to get Hall off the Falcons sideline. I suggest all of the Hall supporters watch this video on youtube and see Hall started it all. Or defend the over paid cry - baby.

Posted by: hessone | November 11, 2009 3:03 PM | Report abuse

D. Hall...C'mon Man! Your D-teammates let you down because that's what you've been doing to them ALL YEAR! Why should they have your back when you haven't had theirs?

Posted by: Skinfansince49 | November 11, 2009 3:27 PM | Report abuse

My question is for "fans" of the Broncos. Why don't these season-ticket holders who sell their tickets to the opposing team's fans give up their rights to tickets to fans on the waiting list? Monday's game against the Steelers was embarrassing. Not because of the Broncos' performance - because of the number of Terrible Towels we allowed into "our house." Give up those seats to some real Broncos fans.
David Stamps, Denver

That comment was in the Denver Post. Sound familiar? If the Steelers's were playing here next week it would be a sell out. Redskin fans selling out on them and bingo, a sea of terrible towels.

Posted by: hessone | November 11, 2009 3:42 PM | Report abuse

Is it that the team has no heart or that they think Hall is a jack@ss? If it were London Fletcher, how would they have reacted? My money is that it would have been different.

They probably felt that Hall could have used the practice since it was the most contact he'd made on an opponent all year.

Posted by: EShine | November 11, 2009 3:54 PM | Report abuse

i want a list of the NFL players barno can beat up

Posted by: jpfterps | November 11, 2009 1:36 PM

Not Barry Wilburn...though Fushezzi may disagree

Posted by: Barno1 | November 11, 2009 5:03 PM | Report abuse

Angela Hall should shut the F up and tackle someone for a change.

And Arrington is just another loudmouth ignoramus. who could listen to that show? LOL

and yeah if this team is not together it all comes from the top, as we already painfully know.

by the way, great team Dan! you petty jerk

Posted by: greatteamdan | November 13, 2009 1:50 AM | Report abuse