Penguins fans are excited!

Penguins fans seem pretty excited about their team, huh? These images are meant to combat the curse of recent injuries. There are more.

(Another true story: Washington D.C. is host to one of the top two teams in the Eastern Conference of a professional sports league. And I'm too busy posting radio transcripts to even go to a single bloody practice. I'm sorry, Caps fans. All your e-mails to me are well-taken.)

By Dan Steinberg  |  November 13, 2009; 10:39 AM ET
Categories:  Caps
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Vegas thinks Skins in the running for Vick
Next: Friday Bog: Skins stubs, and other images

Comments

This is stupid; reminds me of Myspace when I used it 6 years ago.

Posted by: PropJoe | November 13, 2009 10:52 AM | Report abuse

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

The one with Cindy licking the stick is priceless.

Posted by: VTDuffman | November 13, 2009 10:52 AM | Report abuse

hahaha that just brightened my day

Posted by: superpaqman | November 13, 2009 10:56 AM | Report abuse

Totally awesome.

Posted by: false_cause | November 13, 2009 11:04 AM | Report abuse

what a victory for caps fans...now only if they could show up when it matters.

Posted by: jar66su | November 13, 2009 11:04 AM | Report abuse

Actually, that's Tyler Kennedy licking the hockey stick not Mr. Crosby. And while this may be very lame, if you look at the pictures on the site the one where they superimposed Hello Kitty on the faces of Rangers players is funny.

Posted by: LionelMandrake | November 13, 2009 11:27 AM | Report abuse

"what a victory for caps fans...now only if they could show up when it matters."

---

You sound sad. If you sned me a picture, I will "Blingee" it up for you, sure to brighten your day!

Posted by: VTDuffman | November 13, 2009 11:31 AM | Report abuse

yes lionel, cutting and pasting hello kitty pictures is not very lame...if you are an 8 year old girl...

i think everyone in pittsburgh was forced to take a class in photoshop in vo-tech school...

Posted by: dcsportsfan1 | November 13, 2009 1:38 PM | Report abuse

come on dan, you didnt want to include this one?

Posted by: dave189 | November 13, 2009 1:44 PM | Report abuse

As a Penguins fan, I would love to try to come to the defense of that website....

But I can't. What an embarrassment. I really hope I someday meet the creators of that site. I will certainly ask them why they didn't like hockey before 2006. Or punch them in the face. Either one works.

Posted by: KellyBuchbergersHelmet | November 15, 2009 12:16 PM | Report abuse

I would also like to point out the fact that this is a "Bog" which talks about D.C. sports. The Caps are in first place. The Skins suck. Yet, there is virtually nothing written about the Caps here. I LOVE how Steinberg devotes a whole post to the Pens. It makes my day. Steinberg might get a pink slip if he doesn't meet his monthly "mentioning Crosby" quota!

Steinberg is definitely waiting until the playoffs to sit in his reserved seat on the Caps bandwagon.

Posted by: KellyBuchbergersHelmet | November 15, 2009 12:18 PM | Report abuse

"(True story: I saw someone mention how the top two teams in the Eastern Conference were playing Saturday night, and I suddenly thought maybe I had missed the fact that the Caps were playing the Pens. Nope. The Caps are playing the Devils. I guess this is why the Pens need the sparkles.)"

Posted by: jtp2106 | November 15, 2009 6:20 PM | Report abuse

Unavailable for comment:

Posted by: PlaySomeDefense | November 15, 2009 7:56 PM | Report abuse

This is from LetsGoPens.com, a Pens fan site with a forum that has been online since 1997. Most Caps "fans" had zero interest in hockey or the Caps when LGP first went online.

It is quite clearly a joke. Satire. Pens fans having fun, frustrated by the injuries, which is the only reason they're not still leading the league in points. One person made one of them, and a few others joined.

And wow Dan. They pay you to troll Penguins forums looking for any way to get back at the Pens since that 6-2 embarrassment at home in Game 7 when we outclassed you for the 7th time in 8 playoff series?

BTW, have you seen Mike Green's website? It just so happens that his site is 1000 times more embarrassing than that thread could ever be (if that thread wasn't a total joke).

Posted by: LGP6687 | November 15, 2009 11:50 PM | Report abuse

6-2

Posted by: rjb214 | November 16, 2009 9:11 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: LGP6687:
"And wow Dan. They pay you to troll Penguins forums looking for any way to get back at the Pens..."
------------------------------------------

hahahahaha I love how Pens fans complain about trolling on Pens forums while trolling on a Caps/DC blog.

Posted by: capsnumber1 | November 16, 2009 9:45 AM | Report abuse

They weren't trolling. Somebody found reference to this blog on Deadspin.com and then alerted the people on LetsGoPens.com that this was posted here.

Posted by: BlahBlahBlah6 | November 16, 2009 10:58 AM | Report abuse

They asked Crosby what he thought of this Pens sight but he stated he could not get a good look at his computer monitor because the Stanley Cup was blocking his view.

Posted by: whoisdalehunter | November 16, 2009 12:52 PM | Report abuse

Obviously somebody failed to do their research...just when I thought I've seen it all, here is an Ovechkin Blingee.

Also, I find it funny that this post is about the Penguins, yet it's tagged Caps. So Pens fans are strangely creative, humorous and enthusiastic. Is that so bad?

Posted by: saintangelsin | November 16, 2009 11:49 PM | Report abuse

(True Story: While you had all summer to make these stupid pictures, the Penguins were winning another 8 games and spending their summer with the Stanley Cup.)

(Another true story: The pens are tied for 2nd in the conference now, missing at least 6 of their regular players. Stuff like this article isn't good humored satire, its a cover for the fear you have that you guys still can't beat the Penguins)

Keep hating the team, Im going to go watch game 7 again.

Posted by: ianmacdonald23 | November 18, 2009 8:51 AM | Report abuse

"I didn't know they handed out the Prince of Wales trophy in November. I guess being the top dog in the fall means a lot to a team that doesn't know what it's like to hoist the cup."

They don't present the Stanley Cup in November either.

I'm just throwing that out there because, you know, Caps fans have no frame of reference...

Posted by: RoachVA141 | November 18, 2009 9:21 AM | Report abuse

I found this image this morning; I believe it to be a blingee since it's so sparkly and shiny.

Posted by: akord | November 18, 2009 9:55 AM | Report abuse

This is what passes as a blog post for the WASHINGTON POST?! Wow. Talking about Pens fans messing around on a Pens message board? Again... wow. This is beyond sad. Try actually talking about hockey in your blog. I know analyzing the NHL might be hard since no one in Washington cared for or liked hockey prior to 2007, but still... give it a shot.

Finding silly pictures created by an opposing team's fan might work for some smuck with a blogspot blog, but this is the Washington freakin' Post, have some journalistic credibility.

Posted by: PensWonTheCup | November 18, 2009 11:25 AM | Report abuse

Quick:

Dan Steinberg : journalism :: the Capitals : ?

The answer is 'winning in the playoffs'

The connection is 'has heard of, but not produced'

Posted by: sloth10k | November 18, 2009 11:49 AM | Report abuse

The Capitals will not win a Stanley Cup with the Great 8 hogging all the shots. I look forward to another Spring choke. Did you practice with mommy's BeDazzler before she let you touch the computer?

Posted by: RobertSebastian | November 18, 2009 2:53 PM | Report abuse

Hey looks like you left this one out

...enjoy

Posted by: PbZeppelin07 | November 18, 2009 6:44 PM | Report abuse

@VTDuffman
"The one with Cindy licking the stick is priceless."

Thats Tyler Kennedy you tard, and for the record he had 3 points (2,1) that game.

Still waiting on that Ovechkin-Laich-Semin line.

I would end this by thanking the Caps for Chris Bourque, but lets face it he's a stain, and the fact that so many Caps fans were mad they lost him just proves how hockey illiterate the fan base really is.

Posted by: PbZeppelin07 | November 18, 2009 6:58 PM | Report abuse

This is either obsession or jealousy.

Posted by: SDpens | November 18, 2009 10:26 PM | Report abuse

"This is either obsession or jealousy."

I think it's a little of Column A, a little of Column B.

Posted by: RoachVA141 | November 19, 2009 9:09 AM | Report abuse