Skins open themselves up for fan feedback

Within the past few hours, many of you received a fan survey from the Redskins, titled 2009 Washington Redskins Ticket Holder Satisfaction Survey.

(UPDATE: I was previously linking to the version of the survey I used, but apparently that link showed up as a completed survey. I guess you can't allow random people to fill it out. Also, you can navigate to a Single Game Buyer Satisfaction Survey, based on your responses.)

This seems to be a good time for something like that, and whether coincidental or not, it was sent out right around the time that Daniel Snyder was apologizing to fans for the way this season has gone. This, by the way, is the exact right thing for him to have done, and this survey is the exact right thing for the team to have sent out. Congrats.

For those of you who didn't get the survey, here it is. I've omitted the boring demographic questions, and I'm choosing the questions that came up for season-ticket holders, not individual game buyers. Also, if you compare this survey to the extremely brief and deficient Skins survey I posted about last December...well, let's just say this one actually provides the opportunity to judge your level of satisfaction. A lot of honesty could be spilled into this form.

2009 Washington Redskins Ticket Holder Satisfaction Survey

The Washington Redskins value the feedback and support of our fans. With the help of the National Football League, we are working to ensure that we are meeting your expectations in every way. Because your continued support is so important to us, we need to hear your voice!

In the spirit of continuous improvement, we invite you to share your thoughts with us by completing the following survey. Please take the next 10-15 minutes to express your opinions on a variety of subjects relating to your Washington Redskins gameday experience.

Which type of 2009 Washington Redskins ticket holder best describes you?

Including the preseason, how many Washington Redskins home games do you personally plan to attend this season in total?

In what year were you born?

For how long have you been a Washington Redskins season ticket holder?

Where in the stadium are your season tickets located? If you have seats in more than one location, select the location where you sit most often.

How many seats are included in your season ticket package?

With how many people do you split the cost of your season ticket package?

Overall, how satisfied are you with your season ticket experience? (1-10)

If asked, would you recommend Washington Redskins season tickets to a friend or colleague next season? (1-10)

How likely are you to renew your season tickets for next season? (1-10)

What is the primary reason you may not renew your season ticket plan for next season?
(Choices: Behavior of fans during the game, The sense that you are valued by the organization and team, Affordability of tickets, Location of your seats, Team's win-loss record, Overall entertainment experience at the game, Lack of fan excitement at games, Team is not headed in the "right direction", Poor family environment, Other [Please specify])

When you attend games, with whom do you attend most frequently? (Select all that apply)

What do you usually do with your tickets when you are personally unable to use them?

How IMPORTANT do you consider the following aspects of being a season ticket holder? (1-10)
---Team is headed in the "right direction"
---Team's win-loss record
---Overall entertainment experience at the game
---Good family environment at the game
---Location of your seats and seat relocation process
---Positive attitude/behavior of fans around your seats
---Ability to use your tickets when not attending a game (e.g., electronic ticket forwarding)
---Affordability of tickets
---Playoff ticket priority
---Exclusive season ticket holder perks, benefits, gifts and events
---Flexibility of payment options offered by the team
---Season ticket discount versus individual game pricing
---The sense that you are valued by the organization and team

How SATISFIED are you with the following aspects of being a season ticket holder? (1-10)
---Same categories

Please rank the following elements of a Washington Redskins game in order of IMPORTANCE to you. (Rank 1-6)
---Environment (sense of safety in and around stadium, conduct of fans, number of ushers and security personnel, cleanliness of facilities)
---Parking/Transportation (ease of entrance and exit from stadium, availability of parking, tailgating opportunities, cleanliness of environment)
---Game Entertainment & In-Game Enhancements (music, cheerleaders, half time/timeouts/player intros, video boards, sound system, replays)
---On-Field Play (games are competitive, team style of play, skill and athleticism of individual players, hustle)
---Concessions & Merchandise (quality, speed of service, friendliness of staff, variety, availability)
---Crowd Experience (crowd energy, level of involvement, presence of team spirit)

How SATISFIED are you with the following elements of a Washington Redskins game? (1-10)
---Same categories

On average, how long does it take you to travel from your home to FedExField?
(Choices: 0-10 minutes, 11-20 minutes, 21-30 minutes, 31-45 minutes, 46-60 minutes, 61-90 minutes, more than 90 minutes)

How frequently do you tailgate before Washington Redskins home games?
(Choices: Always, sometimes, rarely, never)

What can the Washington Redskins do to make your pregame experience (tailgating, meeting up with friends, etc.) better?

How IMPORTANT are the following factors as they relate to your in-game experience at Washington Redskins home games? (1-10)
---A lively crowd
---On-field entertainment
---Video entertainment during game
---Cheerleader performances
---Music selection during game

How SATISFIED are you with the following factors related to your in-game experience at Washington Redskins home games? (1-10)
---Same categories

Please add any additional comments regarding your in-game entertainment experience.

How IMPORTANT are the following in-game enhancements to your gameday experience at Washington Redskins home games? (1-10)
---Video highlights and player statistics from around the League
---Video instant replays
---Game statistics on video/LED boards

---Same categories

How IMPORTANT is the ability to do the following on gameday via a mobile/handheld device, regardless if this technology currently exists? (1-10)
---Access player (fantasy) statistics from around the League
---Access video highlights from around the League
---Access exclusive gameday, in-stadium content (e.g., in-stadium fan communities, fan-to-fan communication)
---Order food and merchandise from your seat location

Would you be willing to pay for this type of content on your mobile/handheld device?

Please add any additional comments regarding technology-related products or services that would enhance your gameday experience.

---Cleanliness of stadium
---Courtesy of ushers and event staff
---Crowd control in and out of stadium
---Interaction with other fans during the game
---Good behavior of fans during the game
---Sense of security during the game
---Professionalism of security staff

---Same categories

Please add any additional comments regarding the stadium environment.

---Speed of service
---Affordability of items
---Cleanliness of concession area
---Variety of items
---Quality of food

---Same categories

Please add any additional comments about your food and beverage buying experience.

Do you currently own season tickets at other Washington / Baltimore sports venues? (Select all that apply)
(Choices: M&T Bank Stadium, Nationals Park, RFK Stadium, Verizon Center, Camden Yards)

Do you use your season tickets for business purposes, i.e., to entertain clients or reward employees?

How SATISFIED are you with the Redskins new parking policies implemented at the start of the 2009 Season? (1-10)

What could the Redskins do to improve your overall experience at FedExField?

Finally, is there any other information you would like to share with us about your season ticket holder experience?

The Washington Redskins want to keep in contact with our season ticket holders to ensure they are getting the very best fan experience. May we follow-up with you on any information you have provided in order to continue to provide you a high level of fan satisfaction?

By Dan Steinberg  |  November 3, 2009; 4:30 PM ET
Categories:  Redskins
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: From Hip Hip Hooray to Deadskin
Next: LeBron James Banner at Gallery Place

Comments

This should get interesting...

Posted by: peterandmeredith | November 3, 2009 4:56 PM | Report abuse

"The Washington Redskins value the feedback and support of our fans.... Because your continued support is so important to us, we need to hear your voice!*"

* Except through the use of signs at games, of course.

Posted by: disgruntledfan | November 3, 2009 4:56 PM | Report abuse

I hope everyone answered all questions with 'Fire Vinny Cerrato', regardless of the question. I think that would send a clear message.

Posted by: ralston21 | November 3, 2009 5:09 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: ralston21 | November 3, 2009 5:10 PM | Report abuse

Where's my Survey?

Posted by: G20FdaCowboys | November 3, 2009 5:10 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: ralston21 | November 3, 2009 5:11 PM | Report abuse

On average, how long does it take you to travel from your home to FedExField?

This is a joke, right? Note to management/marketers: Dan Snyder may own a helicopter, fans not so much.

Posted by: BlueberryRuffin | November 3, 2009 5:11 PM | Report abuse

im extremely upset that I was not sent one of these...i hope i'm in the 2nd wave

Posted by: HonestSkinsFan | November 3, 2009 5:11 PM | Report abuse

Did they send that to all season ticket holders? I didn't get mine. They're emails for God's sake, there's no cost to send them to everyone. Can't this team do anything right?

Posted by: themantoyou | November 3, 2009 5:28 PM | Report abuse

WHAT? I clicked on the survey to fill it out and it said that I already got a response from my computer.No one has respondede to that survey from this coputer! WHAT THE HE11 IS GOING ON HERE?

Posted by: vexed50verizonnet | November 3, 2009 5:30 PM | Report abuse

Can you write in negative eleventy billion?

Posted by: peterandmeredith | November 3, 2009 5:31 PM | Report abuse

I mean responded and computer!

Posted by: vexed50verizonnet | November 3, 2009 5:32 PM | Report abuse

There should be only on response to this survey (to which I DID NOT receive). FIRE VINNY CERATO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: vexed50verizonnet | November 3, 2009 5:37 PM | Report abuse

I am so upset that I cannot even type the words right! I clicked on the survey and it said that it already got a response from my computer.No one sent a response from my computer!The thing is fixed! Anyway , FIRE VINNY CERATO!!! What a joke!

Posted by: vexed50verizonnet | November 3, 2009 5:46 PM | Report abuse

Be carefull answering this survey...do not give them your name. The way this team treats its fan base they will use answers they do not like as a reason to yank your season tickets.

Posted by: sheadarnell | November 3, 2009 5:51 PM | Report abuse

Fire Vinny Chumpratto. Please. I'm sure he's a fine human. Fire him anyway. Please.

Posted by: tdpillo123 | November 3, 2009 5:53 PM | Report abuse

Hail to the Deadskins
Hail landing #1 pick
Hail to the Deadskins
making me sick

Finally at home on a sunday :( ,
sober,depressed and no where to go
gladly helping the wife clean, since no football show.

Vinny,and Dan may you rest in peace
Dan's got a nice coffin, at least, giving us the fleece.

May all the scalped and wounded skins rest,next year we'll sound the horn
But at least they have their future contracts and manhood, unlike Zorn.

the future is bright for the burgandy and gold
Please, oh please Dan, show us "sold"

Take your Johnny Rocket to the moon
no seriously, the food sucks, take it away.
>>>>>>>>OK Skins fans, those that are true and loyal, add on to the poem. Let your frustrations out, in a muse.

Posted by: urSofakingdumb | November 3, 2009 5:59 PM | Report abuse

So, basically, if you're not a Season Ticket Holder or someone who purchased tickets directly from the Redskins' Ticket Office, Snyder doesn't really want your opinion, huh?

Is it just me, or is this a GLARING OMISSION, or does it really not matter much at all?

Posted by: ntlekt | November 3, 2009 6:01 PM | Report abuse

It's a small step in the right direction, as they are asking the right questions.

Next step: respond to the results.

Posted by: shaunsherman12 | November 3, 2009 6:07 PM | Report abuse

This Just In from Dave Donovan of the Washington Redskins:

"The results of our 2009 Fan survey have been concluded, and we are pleased to report that all True Redskins fans are 100% satisfied with everything. I have included comments from the results:

"this season has been better than before. Just look at my bank account." Little Danny, Ashburn, VA

"The record speaks for itself." Vincent, Ashburn, VA

"The game against the [insert team name here] was so exciting, i almost dropped my gourmet Johnny Rockets Burger." Tommy "Cruise", Hollywood, CA

The WaPo was wrong, and now we have the data to proove it!

Posted by: Leeguru | November 3, 2009 6:30 PM | Report abuse

Its a good first step, but I agree with those who are season ticket holders, but have yet to receive them season ticket holders should have the opportunity to fill the survey out. They better send them to those remaining folks as well or they run the risk of having the first step in a decent direction in a very long time come off negatively.

@ntlekt:

I hear your complaint, but having taken the survey (I got sent it) and responded honestly (which is to say very harshly) I think that it makes sense for them to send it to season ticket holders. Season ticket holders should be opinions that they value highly seeing as we are paying customers and in any business you should do your best to make your customers happy.

Posted by: rawk | November 3, 2009 6:49 PM | Report abuse

Yea, they are so interested in feedback that they ignore letters written by fans of the team back in May.

I cannot wait to get this survey.

Posted by: keino83 | November 3, 2009 6:51 PM | Report abuse

This isn't anything new. I recall filling out a similar survey a few years ago and not paying attention to another one a year or two ago.

The questions seem a little more in-depth and focused on the current environment, but it's something the Skins have done before.

Posted by: Section104 | November 3, 2009 6:52 PM | Report abuse

WHERE IS MY SURVEY?????

COWARDLY FREAKING SKINS

Posted by: TheSuperhoo | November 3, 2009 7:05 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: vexed50verizonnet | November 3, 2009 5:46 PM | Report abuse

same here. typical garbage from them.

Posted by: zyvo23 | November 3, 2009 7:08 PM | Report abuse

I hope everyone answers the survey with:

1. Lower the ticket costs, and

2. Let a COACH run the team.

Posted by: postfan1 | November 3, 2009 7:22 PM | Report abuse

Anyone seen Thank You For Smoking? This survey smells like the "$50 million teen anti-smoking campaign" put on by Nick Naylor.

It's a PR move. Nothing more, nothing less.

Hearing Dan Snyder talk about how he cares about the fans is like hearing big tobacco talk about how they care about America's children....

still not convinced.....smack that....

Posted by: CF11555 | November 3, 2009 7:27 PM | Report abuse

I thought I'd be able to link to the survey, but apparently that doesn't work. But I filled out a survey that had been forwarded to me by someone else, so I'm not sure exactly how it works.

As for the ticket holders vs. single game buyers, based on your initial response, you can get a survey for single game buyers.

Posted by: DanSteinberg1 | November 3, 2009 7:36 PM | Report abuse

where can you get a survey for single game buyers

Posted by: Mark99 | November 3, 2009 8:03 PM | Report abuse

Those questions look very similar to a survey that I filled out a few weeks ago as a Baltimore Ravens season ticket holder. I wonder if this is really an NFL thing, rather than Redskins?

I am always very positive on my Ravens surveys and feel they offer a tremendous experience. Every time I take a Redskins fan to a game, they just shake their head in envy. I feel sorry for them.

Posted by: CrabbyAppleton | November 3, 2009 8:05 PM | Report abuse

All they have to do is read what has been posted here all year. Total moron's.

Posted by: hessone | November 3, 2009 8:56 PM | Report abuse

bought tickets for ten years, one home playoff game. Embarrassment galore. If Dan is reading this, forget the survey. Just get a real GM and get out of the way.

Posted by: mattfromsomd | November 3, 2009 9:05 PM | Report abuse

I'm glad the Skins are doing this survey online. That way, when they ignore the fans' input, they can just hit the "Delete" button instead of wasting all that paper in a shredder.

I hope you'll pardon me, when the Skins announce the "results" of this little survey and say that 90% of fans are happy with the direction of the team, if I think the counting was done by the same group that just got done in Afghanistan.

Here's my survey answer: Dan, you and your team stink!

Kevin Olson
Manassas, VA

Posted by: noslok | November 3, 2009 9:10 PM | Report abuse

Boycott Suggestion

Let's boycott Papa John. Their toppings for TDs has become a complete joke.

Go to their Feedback URL and let them know that they're being boycotted.

Here are my comments in the Papa John boycott.

While I have enjoyed your products in the past, I am respectfully boycotting your store at not only Fedex Field but all stores because as a loyal Redskin fan I am tired of being emotionally and physically abused by Mr. Daniel Snyder. He has turned your promotion of Toppings for Touchdowns into a sad joke.

Posted by: gogmu012 | November 3, 2009 9:11 PM | Report abuse

Didn't get mine. I have been critical of them before in emails. they prob know what i think.

Posted by: deiulay | November 3, 2009 10:13 PM | Report abuse

Fire Vinny Cerrato? ok...ok...let's see...Then! OH! I GOT IT! DAN WILL HIRE ANOTHER WEEK PANSY WITH WHOM HE CAN PUSH HIS PASTY WAY AROUND HERE AND THERE. GO...FETCH, BOY.

Vinny on the injury to Phillip Daniels and the subsequent (stupid!) Jason Taylor hiring, "We had to do SOMETHING!"

We had to do something....

And Vinny did do "something".

Posted by: fm7319 | November 3, 2009 10:37 PM | Report abuse

Let's stop all this nonsense...Bobby Beathard is the real hero of the Skins glory days, folks, NOT your knee-jerk, quick-fix, easy-way-out of thinking "Joe Gibbs". I like Joe but Bobby manufactured wins. He built the Skins just as credibly as Snyder is destroying the Skins. The hiring Joe "Make Us Feel So Good" Gibbs was only another "Reach For the Stars" move by Dan Pasty.

Posted by: fm7319 | November 3, 2009 10:55 PM | Report abuse

This is yet another P.R. Marketing ploy by Danny. As recently as last week, Danny and Vinny were still spewing their mantra that we have playoff caliber talent. If Danny truly believe that, he should hire another consultant, say Charlie Casserly or another former GM and let him analyze the Skins' weaknesses and the source of the weaknesses. I am certain that the consultant's report will point to Vinny as being the source of the majority of the club's weaknesses. Enclosed with the report will be a mirror so that Danny can see himself as he adjusts his necktie. Now the critical question is will Danny listen and make changes. His methodology has not worked with any great results for 10 years. Maybe he will reassign Vinny to Parking Operations and hire a new GM to oversee or hopefully rule football operations. Casserly would be a good choice as would Ron Wolfe. Let the GM hire a good coach, not Gruden, Holmgren, Shanahan, etc. Hire Russ Grimm or someone who has done it at the coordinator level for a few teams or years. Someone with some knowledge of other coaches and successful organizations. If Danny does this, us fans will back him 100% whether we win or lose the next 3 years. Why? Because change brings hope. Vinny does not.

Posted by: neil64 | November 3, 2009 11:02 PM | Report abuse

This survey is a bunch of horse dodo. Why didn't they include a question about how fans season ticket holders or not feel about management. If Dan feels so bad for the fans. And why has he stopped the fans from expressing their veiws inside the stadium. I think we all know the answer he is full of horse dodo he and his lacky Vinny. Nice try Danny boy but we all see right through your bull to try and snow us with this I feel sorry for the fans junk.
Even though I live in Texas I was planning on a trip to Fed-Ex with my two sons but as long as you own the team or continue to have your head above the clouds with your pityful prideful attitude and want make the changes needed to bring a winning tradition back to this team I am through not with the players but with you and that dumb Vinny. I'll protest by not rooting for my favorite team because of you two incompetents.

Posted by: rmilton | November 3, 2009 11:20 PM | Report abuse

"The Washington Redskins value the feedback and support of our fans. With the help of the National Football League, we are working to ensure that we are meeting your expectations in every way."

The second sentence above, is it a required statement or is it possible that the NFL aka Roger the Dodger and his crew are not happy with the publicity coming out of DC. Especially the treatment of fans who were trying to express their frustration with the Redskins front office? I hope so because it may make Danny the Nose do something drastic like hire a real football GM and get his aft out of the way.
Just trying to make since of why all of a sudden Danny the Nose is concerned about the fans and their thoughts about the team.

Posted by: Fan_since_58 | November 4, 2009 12:21 AM | Report abuse

My main concern here, is that Snyder and Co. are building a strawman with this survey, that is, they are going to blame fan dissatisfaction on the small minority of drunken fans at games.

Posted by: alecw81 | November 4, 2009 2:18 AM | Report abuse

Yet another reason to love Ted Leonsis.

Read the top post and see if you agree that it is a slap in ol Danny boy's face.

Rock The Red!

Posted by: croftonpost | November 4, 2009 2:29 AM | Report abuse

Somebody is starting to freak out a bit over all this -- and it's not the fans. Redskins fans are FINALLY starting to act rationally. Please please please boycott the games.

Posted by: Pepper5 | November 4, 2009 2:34 AM | Report abuse

Dan I don't know if the Redskins are "opening themselves up" for anything. Are they planning on sharing the results of their survey with the public?

Posted by: Pepper5 | November 4, 2009 2:35 AM | Report abuse

Leaving out the the non-ticket buyer is a serious omission. The fans sitting at home are the fans radio and TV advertisers are concerned about. If we stop watching then no advert revenue for Dan, and there are still a heck of a lot more of us than those holding tickets (not to minimize the ticket holders importance mind you). I see Dan looking for a way to:

1. protect his ticket sales
2. look to point the finger at something else (away form management) as the reason for waning fan support
3. buy some time by getting fans to 'look wait and see ' what Dan does with the results.

I would have filled out the survey if I had received it but I'm not optimistic on what it will accomplish.

Posted by: wunof11 | November 4, 2009 5:21 AM | Report abuse

Too little, too late. This idiot doesn't even know how to apologize. Snyder doesn't have a sincere bone in his body.

Posted by: bestmick1 | November 4, 2009 6:45 AM | Report abuse

I'm a STH and I didn't get one. When I hit the link here it said this computer had already filled it out. That's a lie.

Posted by: ridgely1 | November 4, 2009 8:05 AM | Report abuse

Snyder trying to do the only thing he may be good at: Marketing

The next step should be to tell the fans that is the only function he will serve along with giving the organization a Mission Statement and broad goals.

Posted by: tomhowto | November 4, 2009 8:13 AM | Report abuse

I think that there is a problem with the Coach calling the plays and the players are not playing up to par. I watch Sunday after Sunday to the same plays and 3rd and goal seems to be a real problem with the team. The quarterback, need to do some soul searching and think, "am I really playing the best that I can." Put God in the situation and pray over this situation, this too shall pass. I have been a Steelers fan for many years, since I was 13 years old, but I became a Redskins fan and I am very disppointed in the team. I hope they get themselves together and see that they are all in this thing together. God bless the team and management.

Posted by: yvonnefshuford | November 4, 2009 8:15 AM | Report abuse

I have been redskin fan since 1955, this team
owner and management makes me sick. The problem starts with the owner, but the players are showing they only want their pay.
They play with no emotion and go through the motions. Just watch the greg williams saints defense play, he made the difference,
the redskins let him get out of town, what a shame. I wish I could root for a different team, but I can't the skins are in my blood,
I just suffer.

Posted by: radney8 | November 4, 2009 8:25 AM | Report abuse

why bother; boycott, starve the midget of revenue. everything else is just lip service on both the team's part and the fan's part. don't buy tickets, concessions, merchandise, parking. the midget has to go.

Posted by: nolngeraseasontixhder | November 4, 2009 8:29 AM | Report abuse

lets get a hold; 1st the 2008 picks have done nothing to open up the passing game; 2nd Jason has regress as the quarter back and Todd is a life time back up; 3rd the o line was not address like it should have with all the old guys always getting hurt; 4th signing Mr. Vick wouldh've been better than what we got and it's not to late after the season; 5th and last-- FIRE CERRATO AND THE COACH and hire a real G M and coach like Shanahan or Cower or Billick and then Dan needs to needs to step back and let them run the team for him and pick there own staff= = the wins will come with time

Posted by: wils3w | November 4, 2009 8:43 AM | Report abuse

Typical corporate cr_p.

Put together a survey to answer the obvious.

Then spin the results to indicate whatever you want.

Snyder needs to stop screwing around and replace Vinny with a crediable GM. Don't wait for the end of the season. Do it now so that you have a prayer of getting a chance for a quality coaching staff during the off season.

Posted by: boomer5 | November 4, 2009 8:52 AM | Report abuse

Window dressing. Nothing but window dressing. After all, Snyder's way smarter than any of us - haven't you realized that yet?

Posted by: kemp13 | November 4, 2009 8:55 AM | Report abuse

The survey link is not correct in the story as Dan took the survey and then provided the link and that is why is is saying you have already taken the survey.

Here is the correct link: http://www.turnkeysurveyor.com/Surveyor2/default.aspx?sid=redskins90&RespID=68e6516b629155dbe11c9c823610a416

Posted by: wab786 | November 4, 2009 9:02 AM | Report abuse

Here is the correct link to the survey. Ignore the link above in my post:

Posted by: wab786 | November 4, 2009 9:06 AM | Report abuse

Window dressing and not nearly enough. Front office heads nead to roll, namely Cerrato's. An apology for the way fans have been treated by management needs to be issued. There needs to be a rollback of the draconian tailgating rules. A plan for rebuilding next year needs to be blueprinted now and it MUST involve a solemn promise from Snyder that he will hire a competent, proven football manager to run the team and that he will stay out of the day to day of the team. Anything less than this and I will continue to write nasty letters to the sponsors of the team, boycotting those sponsors and all official Redskins paraphenalia and stadium concessions.

Posted by: LarryBud | November 4, 2009 9:06 AM | Report abuse

I wonder if you check off "I plan to renew my tickets next year", and you dont, then the Redskins will sue you..

Posted by: jnw777 | November 4, 2009 9:50 AM | Report abuse

To me, when you read those questions it looks as though he’s targeting specific groups for advertising, or a marketing campaign. Heck, if he needs advice or criticism all he needs to do is read these columns, he knows that… this dude is playing games, he’s looking for someone inside the organization to take the fall for what folks have issues with. In my opinion he forgot to ask one question.

How would you rank the (majority) owner of this organization? Choose all that apply.

It Sucks
Dodo
Leeches
Blood suckers
Arrogant

Posted by: oda155 | November 4, 2009 11:46 AM | Report abuse

After looking at that “survey”… I was right, he’s about to place some blame on other people and then try to sell us “fantasy football” stats on cell phones… this guy just doesn’t get it.

Posted by: oda155 | November 4, 2009 12:14 PM | Report abuse

...besides, this survey is not about the play of the team, it's all about concessions, seat locations and are you going to renew, and providing “new” services to get into your wallets. People, don’t be fooled by this farce.

Posted by: oda155 | November 4, 2009 12:18 PM | Report abuse

I wish there was a survey about extremeskins.com.

I have never come across a bigger bunch of girls fighting each other about how bad the qb is. The moderators are terrible and nothing more than a bunch of hypocrites. They will ban users for so called personal attacks,yet strangely only if you personally attack certain members.

One member in particular Bubba the so called king of all media (funny that media consists of more than just football) seems to have free reign on the site where he can call people unintelligent,and tell other members they have thier panties in a know...which is a clear violation of rule number 5...yet nothing has or will ever be done...but the second you say anything back to him...your finished on that site.

I am a season ticket holder...well sorta my parents are but never go to the games,and I cannot wait to confront Mark the homer (an es mod) at the next home game about this issue....Im sure hes going to walk away like the pansy he is in front of his extremeskins tailgate and family.

im sick of this team losing...and how its run...even the garbage they call a message board.

Posted by: robbyrock | November 4, 2009 12:21 PM | Report abuse

Interesting, the skins want Fans Feedback. If they would stop throwng signs and shirts out they would have it, without having to spend all this money.

Posted by: apearson54 | November 4, 2009 12:39 PM | Report abuse

OMG...do not fill out that survey. Pretzelboy has already shown he's a fascist so lord knows what he is capable of doing with this info. People who think this is a step in the right direction...HOW STUPID R U? Do you need to complete a survey to express that owners shouldn't sue elderly people. Do you need a survey to say that you should be aloud to bring a damn sign to a game. Good freaking god! He Pretzelboy, the boos you hear and the empty seats you see should be the only survey you need.

Posted by: doesntmatter | November 4, 2009 1:38 PM | Report abuse

I did not receive mine.

Posted by: Skinirican | November 4, 2009 1:58 PM | Report abuse

All the stuff that he said in his interview is just garbage, it would've been better if Snyder came out and said that it was his fault that the Redskins suck. He doesn't offer any plans or solutions as to how he will correct what is wrong with the team, but instead we just hear that the next step is to play well on Sunday? Like losing to the Falcons is going to help this team with anything. I really hate it how he has turned this team into a joke, traditional laughingstock teams in the NFL are getting more respect than the Skins nationally.

Posted by: Iused2bleedburgundygold | November 4, 2009 2:19 PM | Report abuse

People put surveys out to see how they rate, not to see if people care. What person of importance really gives a crap what anyone thinks of them??? This is not a survey to see what should be done with the team, its a survey to make sure enough season tickets will be sold next year and that is all. This is all they care about, its a business and they are treating as such. Anyone taking this as the first step in the "re-birth" of the Redskins is insane. As long as "Vinny the Donk" and Dan "I'll never be the man" are in charge, we are in for a brutal lifetime of football.

Note - I, Joshua Folta would rather have Al Davis running the show then Danny boy Snyder, at least we would have his death to look forward too. I am a 30 year old who was too young to really enjoy the first round of gibbs and I'll be too old by the time they figure things out (approx 2057 or so). Good luck to the older folks out there, I would start working on the "great memories" tombstone of the B.S. era (Before Snyder). shoot me please.

Posted by: joshfolta | November 4, 2009 2:48 PM | Report abuse

"They're emails for God's sake, there's no cost to send them to everyone. Can't this team do anything right?"

Well Vinny has to type out every one (he hasn't figured out cut & paste) then send them to Sherm who sends them Sherm who ccs Zorn, and then you get yours...

Posted by: AlohaFan | November 4, 2009 3:22 PM | Report abuse

The "apology" and survey are just damage control PR gimmicks to create some phoney sense of empathy and desire for feedback. Snyder took no responsibility for the mess or offered a meaningful solution -- We're trying really, really hard. The survey results will never be made public and will only result in cosmetic changes at FedEx, like maybe two kinds of mustard or a bigger Jumbotron. Typical toxic management smokescreens so they can say "We hear you! (Now just shutup)".

Posted by: SackMan | November 4, 2009 3:27 PM | Report abuse

The Redskins want to hear feedback from the fans?

Have they not been listening for the past 8 weeks?

Posted by: Gladiator2008 | November 4, 2009 5:39 PM | Report abuse

if anyone lives in the dannys helicopter fly over areas near the stadium or redskins park maybe you could make a sign he can see to let him know what the fan want.. FIRE VINNY !

Posted by: heathdog1119 | November 4, 2009 6:07 PM | Report abuse

too bad you can bring a sign to the game and tell them in person right

Posted by: heathdog1119 | November 4, 2009 6:14 PM | Report abuse

I just took the survey and ripped little prick Danny a new one...what a f%ckface.

Posted by: knight1977 | November 4, 2009 8:01 PM | Report abuse

Neil64 has hit the nail on the head...as a 45+ year DC Stadium/FRK season ticket holder - this guy has it right...all Skins fans should read and re-read this...says it all for me - thanks, Neil64!

His comment was:

Posted by: neil64 | November 3, 2009 11:02 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: frenchytheclown | November 4, 2009 10:36 PM | Report abuse

Let Jason Campbell walk and bring back Colt. Let him make some mistakes and learn in the process, something Zorn should have done at the outset. I mean, what is he going to do, lose?

Posted by: Dowin99 | November 5, 2009 9:20 AM | Report abuse

HERE'S A FEEDBACK I SENT TO SNYDER!

1. THE SKINS SUCK!
2. I'M SELLING ALL MY TICKETS TO OPPOSING TEAM FANS AND I'M NOT RENEWING MY CONTRACT WHICH IS EXPIRING BY THE END OF THIS SEASON
3. SNYDER YOU SUCK! AND CERRATO CAN KISS YOU @-$-$
4. I'LL REGAIN MY INTEREST WHEN SNYDER DECIDED TO GROW UP
5. CLEAN HOUSE, TOO MANY PRIMADDONAS

Posted by: alucard1 | November 5, 2009 9:32 AM | Report abuse

Just another marketing survey. I pity the consultants who have to march into Snyder's office with the results. Given the likely scatching input from fans, the entire thing will probably be written off as compromised by a few "conspiring" disgruntled fans that stuffed the ballot boxes. You don't spend 10 years systematically destroying what was once the NFL's premerie franchise without having a stubborn streak the size of the Pacific ocean.

Posted by: zippyspeed | November 5, 2009 9:57 AM | Report abuse

Snyder is the devil! that apology don't mean squat ayt!

suing folks w/o jobs and not letting people cancel out of their contracts for watching a crappy team!

we should IMPALE HIS @$$!

Posted by: alucard1 | November 5, 2009 11:57 AM | Report abuse

Problems start at the top and trickle down. Snyder needs to let football people handle the football related matters. He needs to stick to what he knows (well, at least pretends to know...the business side. Vinny, well, all I can think of here is Vinny must have something on Snyder and that's why he keeps his job. Vinny destroyed the 49ers and has been steadily killing this team with his misguided draft picks/Free agent signings. Jim Zorn....well, he's a great guy, but so are alot of other coaches out there. Great guys don't make great Head coaches, they have made Great position coaches (example: Norv Turner). Until the aforementioned happens, we will be mired in mediocrity and pray for a speedy approach of 21 December 2012, the foretold "End Times".

Posted by: wheeln69@yahoo.com | November 5, 2009 12:39 PM | Report abuse

I find it incredibly interesting that although I spend almost $30K a year to attend Redskin games and receive all of their emails, I never received any survey. I have emailed the organization with some critical comments, and believe now that because of that, I was excluded. I do believe that the Redskins hand-picked the recipients of the survey to get the responses that they wanted. Then they will show everyone that things are not as bad as the press has portended them to be. The organization has become a sham and Snyder who is the master of marketing and slight of hand, is at it again. Manipulating the voice of the fans. What a joke he and his organization is!!!

Posted by: MiddleOfTheRoad4 | November 5, 2009 6:14 PM | Report abuse

Will all the sane people agree with ME that if one goes to a restaraunt that was once GREAT and the food and atmosphere are now TERRIBLE...one would not only never return but one would tell others to avoid this hole. Sam Walton once said, "There is only one boss. The customer. And he can fire everybody in the company from the chairman on down, simply by spending his money somewhere else."

Folks, SPEND YOUR MONEY AND YOUR TIME SOMEHWERE ELSE!"

Thank you for listening.

Posted by: fm7319 | November 5, 2009 7:47 PM | Report abuse

I posted earlier in this topic about the extremeskins message board. For starters when I said confront Mark the homer I didnt mean I was going to fight him,but rather get a straight answer from him before he gets too piss drunk. Those internet c*ck j*ck*ys always seem to run from the issues and I need to personaly show him that when I got banned for duplicate accounts,it wasnt the truth and I honestly had a friend create an account.That isnt illeagal,but it still shows they have a trigger finger on judgement even before knowing the facts.You say the mods carefully screen the names first and it slipped right thru the first time..idiots.

Theres actually a whole thread dedicated to me now,some like what Ive done and the others are a bunch of *ss kissers.

enjoy. btw you can email me directly @robbyrock@tmail.com

Posted by: robbyrock | November 8, 2009 10:38 AM | Report abuse

Im actually starting to like stirring that place up so much.Im going to make a new account soon,butI cant find myself not reading all the drama.

Doesnt Bubba sound like the name of a really fat guy?

Posted by: robbyrock | November 8, 2009 10:58 AM | Report abuse

I'm with you Robbyrock! ES hates me too.

Posted by: hobkyl1 | November 9, 2009 12:36 PM | Report abuse