Best of Zorn: Faces

Here's something I feel comfortable saying: I will never, as long as I live, cover another coach who makes as many funny faces during his press conferences as Jim Zorn. Now, does the ability to make funny faces qualify one to serve as an NFL head coach? Heck no. But it sure did keep things interesting around Redskins Park, and made me LOL on more than one occasion. Joe Gibbs never made me LOL. Then again, he went to the playoffs twice in four years.

Anyhow, I have no idea whether these are truly the Best of Zorn, but here are 14 faces I'll never forget.

By Dan Steinberg  |  January 4, 2010; 8:45 AM ET
Categories:  Redskins
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Daniel Snyder's coaching carousel spins again
Next: Best moments of the Zorn Era

Comments

I was hoping there would be a compilation of these, as I was too lazy to bookmark each episode of the series. Hopefully Shanahan will be as good a coach as Zorn was a face-maker (unfortunately, I still don't see this happening as long as Snyder is associated in any capacity with the organization).

Posted by: Daspig | January 4, 2010 8:58 AM | Report abuse

I think he reprised the gesture in #7 around 5am.

Posted by: cao091402 | January 4, 2010 9:29 AM | Report abuse

I don't think Shanahan will give you gestures. If it's faces you want, Gruden is your man...

Posted by: pepperjackb | January 4, 2010 10:04 AM | Report abuse

Another quality post from Dan "Kick Them When They're Down" Steinberg. See: Natinals fail series.

Posted by: trezmartin | January 4, 2010 10:34 AM | Report abuse

I miss the Natinals Fail series. And there's nothing about these pictures that don't say, "Zorn would be a great dad."

Posted by: WorstSeat | January 4, 2010 12:21 PM | Report abuse

A Coors Light commercial featuring Zorn will be in rotation very soon...hopefully by the Superbowl.

Posted by: joeblazin | January 4, 2010 12:39 PM | Report abuse

If there is a Coors commercial it has to feature the maroon and black comment.

Posted by: neversaylie | January 4, 2010 1:04 PM | Report abuse

The faces you need to be showing are of Danny and Vinnie, at least Zorn left here with his dignity intact.

Posted by: dkane3 | January 4, 2010 4:52 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: dkane3
=============================

You have to have dignity to leave with dignity.

Posted by: ProfessorWrightBSU | January 5, 2010 11:40 AM | Report abuse