Caps discuss Caps rap

The Caps Rap was released on the day Jim Zorn was fired, so I never so much as mentioned it. But last week, Fox 5 came out to Caps practice and asked a few players about their uncredited roles in the music video; see the Fox report above.

"We did the first take and I was actually laughing, because I was like this is crazy, look at this guy," Brooks Laich recalled. "And then he's like, 'No no no, we're trying to look tough here,' And I was like, 'Sorry, I was just laughing at, like, your appearance."

George McPhee also explains his presence. It's less amusing.

Then the Caps went and made a music video of their own on Sunday night, sitting down for some Rock Band at Caps Care Casino Night. Reader Brian sent along a few excellent photos, including Mr. Nasty, getting particularly nasty.

The backup goalie's video report is below, but I'll go ahead and steal the best quotes, from when Brett asks Alex Ovechkin about his poker skills.

"I'm best," Ovechkin said. "Like, if I want to play, I'm best....I need money. You're gonna give me your money, I'm gonna take fans' money. I just need money. I just want money."

"He'll play anything and everything, and it doesn't matter what face he makes, it's unpredictable," Karl Alzner said. "He's tough to trust."

By Dan Steinberg  |  January 25, 2010; 10:19 AM ET
Categories:  Caps
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Mark Brunell? Really?
Next: Mike Knuble's busted pinkie finger

Comments

The Capitals gamble on road trips. This will not end well.

Posted by: pearlbullets | January 25, 2010 10:51 AM | Report abuse

Thanks Steiny. (After all the great posts, you need a good hockey-style nickname).

Posted by: md268 | January 25, 2010 10:54 AM | Report abuse

I'd barely heard pieces of the Caps Rap but hadn't yet seen it. That guy's pretty talented...I remember him from this old music video, and if it doesn't make you smile, there might be something wrong with you: http://vimeo.com/7527697

Posted by: JohnnyBlades | January 25, 2010 11:13 AM | Report abuse

I think the Caps Rap is awful.

Posted by: capsfansince74 | January 25, 2010 11:53 AM | Report abuse

@md268, I thought the most excellent Mr Steinberg already had a nickname: Steinz. Which, IMHO, is fairly hockey. ;-)
Keep up the excellent work, Steinz!

Posted by: aphid69 | January 25, 2010 11:55 AM | Report abuse

Morrison sounds pretty toasty.

Posted by: Mobsky | January 25, 2010 12:27 PM | Report abuse

Did someone give B-Mo a ride home last night? Or is he did he pass out in the stairwell?

Posted by: moltzjo | January 25, 2010 12:55 PM | Report abuse

Mr. Nasty photo lookin nasty = WIN

Posted by: ThisGuy | January 25, 2010 1:56 PM | Report abuse

Pretty good.

Posted by: Dlewis10 | January 25, 2010 2:15 PM | Report abuse

D'oh, of course: Steinz. I had forgotten that. I got caught up in all of the recent "Mr. Nasty" references which are more along the lines of a teasing nickname you wouldn't have chosen for yourself.

Posted by: md268 | January 25, 2010 3:22 PM | Report abuse

I love the Caps Rap! So awesome!!

Posted by: rachel216 | January 25, 2010 3:24 PM | Report abuse

The caps need to do more things like this. Usually great teams have fun togeather like this.

Posted by: Dlewis10 | January 25, 2010 9:06 PM | Report abuse