Evening Bog: Portis in German, Lerner on e-mail
Other things that have happened.
* The above video discusses both the Mike Shanahan hiring and the Clinton Portis-Jason Campbell flap. In German. With awesome introductory music. Still not sure how to say "Portis Pockets Straight" in German, but maybe that'll be next month's episode.
* Noted: The ESPN 980 ads for the newest "Lunch With a Legend" promotion calls Steve Buckhantz, Steve Kolbe and Larry Michael "legends" and "iconic." Some of them, maybe.
* London Fletcher's pre-game routine is fairly terrifying. (Redskins Blog)
* Charm City Cakes has made a dessert celebrating Alex Ovechkin's physical superiority and masculine advantages over Sidney Crosby. The SOS frosted Matt Bradley figurine costs extra. (Via @marydesmith
* Ovechkin and Semin on the cover of Sovetsky Sport. Headline: "Sashka, a friend of Sashka." I'm pretty sure Gilbert and Javaris posed for one of these last year.
* Three of the top 10 local D.C. trending topics Tuesday night had to do with the Caps game. One had to do with the Terps game. None had to do with the Wizards. (City Desk)
* Somehow Alexander Semin interviews in translation wind up consistently being the weirdest interviews in pro sports. Here's the latest: "The last miniseries I watched was about Wolf Messing, who could predict the future. It's a good film, but serious. This guy lived his life for other people. He was used by everyone. He could read minds and he helped Stalin and a lot of other politicians." This came one question after he talked about going through the McDonald's drive-thru with Ovechkin in a taxi.
* John Lannan, concerning his interview on WMZQ: "Interview went well. He said I was a starting pitcher for the Washington Wizards?!?! hahaha."
* Capitol Punishment returns from the dead to point out that the latest good tidings from the Nats sound nearly identical to the good tidings from three years ago. "Yeah, I'm a cynical bastard most of the time, but these guys -- everyone! -- keep doing absolutely nothing to dissuade me. Nobody associated with this team deserves the benefit of the doubt."
* Mark Lerner, in an email interview: "Our largest project in the offseason has been the remodeling of the PNC Diamond Club, which will be spectacular....From Day 1, we said we would follow a plan and philosophy for building a team and an organization that Stan Kasten and some of the other proven winners in baseball have followed in the past, and we have inched closer to realizing success."
* Mike Jones has a terrific summary of the different PR approaches chosen by Gilbert Arenas and Javaris Crittenton, and the different results achieved. "Crittenton is just as guilty as Arenas, but his post-incident actions have made his situation better," Jones writes. "You have to wonder if Arenas wishes he could have a do-over." Also, Gilbert's suspension has cost him almost $2.5 million thus far.
* The Post launches its new high school sports section. Check it out.
* Free Wisconsin cheese poster. Free. Cheese. Gratis. Queso. Go.
January 26, 2010; 9:07 PM ET
Categories: Caps , Media , Nats , Redskins , Wizards
Save & Share: Previous: Mike Wise calls Peter Vecsey an "old, bitter man"
Next: An Ovechkin slapshot to Jack Hillen's mouth
Posted by: Dlewis10 | January 26, 2010 9:21 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: TheFingerman | January 26, 2010 10:10 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: michaelmchale | January 26, 2010 11:41 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: gfsportsfan | January 26, 2010 11:58 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: JennEric1 | January 27, 2010 9:11 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: CByrd1 | January 27, 2010 10:54 AM | Report abuse
The comments to this entry are closed.