Evening Bog: Riggleman's pants, Dibble's pushups
You can choose whatever reason you want for watching this video of Jim Riggleman and Drew Storen's appearance on My Fox D.C. Maybe you want to see Storen discuss his love of pitching under pressure, and of bobbleheads. Maybe you want to hear Riggleman's thoughts on the new additions, and the Nats' prospects. Maybe you want to listen as he says "sometimes you've got to measure some things in the effort rather than the final score of the game, but we've got to get past that point to where the wins are the ultimate goal."
But here's why I'd recommend you watch: to see the difference in Riggleman's and Storen's pants. It's like the generation gap, in one frame. Storen's pants fall gently to his shoes. Riggleman's stop abruptly just below the knee, displaying acres of sock. I was transfixed.
Other things that have happened:
* The Caps have the NHL's most potent offense in 14 years, but as D.C. Landing Strip notes, "the last team to lead the league in goals during the regular season and win the Stanley Cup was the 1991-1992 Pittsburgh Penguins."
* Jeff Schultz on meeting the expectations of fans, to Homer McFanboy: "Being a first round pick, like Ovi and Mike, they see all the success they've had and maybe they wonder why I haven't had that success yet. I think the kind of game I play; I'm not a flashy guy like them. I just try to do what I have to do out there."
* After taking that Ovechkin slapper to the mouth, Islanders d-man Jack Hillen "will miss the next 6-8 weeks with a broken jaw and damaged teeth," according to the team's Web site. He had surgery Tuesday night into Wednesday morning to insert plates into his jaw. Ouch.
* Strangest stat of Wednesday; in the late afternoon, as Gilbert's season-long suspension was breaking, "Arenas" did not show up on D.C.'s list of trending Twitter topics. But "Holtby" did. That's the Caps' 17th string goalie.
* Via TMZ, it's Gilbert Arenas's newest mug shot!
* Via The Smoking Gun, it's Gilbert Arenas's last mug shot!
* The Redskins Blog compiles the most amazing photos of John Riggins in various states of strange facial hairdom you've ever seen. Please, go look.
* In a blog comment on MASN's Web site, Phil Wood writes that "my hunch is that Mr. Kasten decided early on to give Jimbo as much rope as he needed to hang himself. Would it make Stan look bad in the eyes of some? Sure. But, inasmuch as I was told by multiple sources in 2006 that Stan intended to fire Bowden within an hour of getting the club - and then was blocked from doing so by ownership - I believe that Stan decided to bide his time." Huh.
* Mark Lerner: "I promise you when we go to a World Series that Teddy will win one of the series races if I have to run down the competition myself." (Via Let Teddy Win)
* For as long as I'm blogging, every time someone snaps a photo of Rob Dibble, Jim Riggleman and assorted Nats doing push-ups in front of stuffed animals, I will publish it. This is via @LPags03. It's magical.
* Drew Storen signs the best autographs. Via @Section138.
* Hoyas blog Casual Hoya unloads on Coach K. I really feel like this could lead to detente between Georgetown and Maryland fans.
* A comprehensive history of whiteness and Georgetown basketball, men's and women's, from City Paper's Dave McKenna.
* George Mason's Cam Long used to put vinegar water in his Gatorade to combat cramps. Now, via Steve Goff, he loads up on jello.
Posted by: alex35332 | January 28, 2010 8:46 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: MACCHAMPS04 | January 28, 2010 1:49 PM | Report abuse
The comments to this entry are closed.