Gilbert Arenas's dad: "He literally cried"

Gilbert's dad. (By Jonathan Newton - TWP)

I'm still waiting the first real Gilbert Arenas interview about the past month--figure it goes either to Oprah, Mike Wise or Gazo the Pranksta--but in the meantime, Gilbert's dad is still talking. He was on Wise's radio show Thursday afternoon, and he gave at least some (potentially spun) insight into Gilbert's current state of mind.

"I literally talked to him maybe an hour or two a couple of weeks after the story had broke, and he literally cried about the whole incident," the elder Arenas said. "The point he was trying to get out was that 'Hey, you guys are taking this story the wrong way, it was a joke.'...His whole point was the story that came out, that two guns were pulled on each other, I didn't do that. That's what Gilbert was trying to get out, and he just couldn't get it out fast enough, and he was just making himself look bad talking to the media. Knowing Gilbert, he was trying to lighten the whole situation. That routine dance was among [the whole team], not Gilbert, among them. He's taking the punishment on that."

Co-host Bill Rohland asked the crucial question--whether Gilbert could play in Washington again--and his dad admitted that he didn't know but he thought it was possible.

"There's a lot of other issues going on right now for the Washington Wizards," he said. "For Gilbert to come back and play for them, yes he could. For that to happen, Mr. Grunfeld, the new owner maybe, they all have to sit down and try to pound out what happened. But Washington moved on and I just feel like they're trying to move on. They stopped selling Gil's products, which is their way of saying, 'Hey look, we have to go in a new direction."

"Go back a couple of years when Brendan Haywood and Etan Thomas had that altercation," Gilbert Arenas Sr. told Wise. "Those stories don't leak out. They're not supposed to get out, you understand what I'm saying? This is in-house stuff. You keep it in-house, whatever went [on] there. And you've got two other co-captains there, you get in Gil's head--'Look, hey, leave it alone Gil, let's move on, we've got to win some games.'

After objecting to the way the media initially characterized the conflict, the elder Arenas also said that his son was wrong, that he himself has never owned a gun and that there aren't any funny jokes with guns as props.

"First of all, I'd like to say, with the guns being in the Verizon Center, deadly wrong," he said. "How long they've been there? Way before this incident happened. For what reason, why all of this got started over a card game with no money that nobody owed each other? It was just a heated argument, somebody was getting the best of somebody, and it just rolled over to practice. And from that, a practical joke really got out of hand. That's the best I can say about this whole ordeal. I just feel bad for Gilbert, because he's been crucified for a whole bunch of things, and he's taking the punishment, he's taking it on himself the best way he can."

As you can tell, the Arenas camp is still saying that the guns in the locker room predated the conflict with Crittenton, and that Gilbert actually removed them from his house because of his children, as he originally said.

"The guns that Gil had were more show guns, they were guns like the one that Austin Powers had in his movie," Gilbert's father said. "The fact of why he brought them to Verizon Center was to get 'em out of the house because he had the kids there. His daughter ended up grabbing one of the guns out of his office, where he had them kind of put in a drawer, and he came in. It wasn't loaded. He just freaked out, he freaked out and decided he'd take the guns out of the house so it'd be a safe environment. Now, he explained to me that he didn't realize the rule had changed, leaving Virginia going to the D.C. area, because of the gun law. I think that's the felony that he's facing right now. But I'm not lightening anything on Gil.

"Now, this is my son. If your son was in this predicament, if you have any kids at all, you must realize, I'm watching this every day, I'm looking at it on the news and everybody's just blowing it out of proportion. I agree with what David Stern did and I'm glad Gil has taken the bulk of the punishment, because he displayed the guns as a joke. Guns are never a joke to anybody. That's fully his responsibility....

"It's hurting me. Truly. I may sound like I'm fine with it, but it's truly hurting me. It's like everything he built up all taken away in one little incident. If it had been somewhere where he shot and killed somebody, then I'd take it much better, but for him to play a joke and everybody taking it and turning it and twisting it like he literally went out to cause some dismay and some harm? Wow, I just can't believe how people are taking it. And I'm not trying to make anybody feel remorse for anything. Just you take the time out, if this was your kid, if this had anything to do with you, how would you react and how would you deal with it?"

By Dan Steinberg  |  January 29, 2010; 11:01 AM ET
Categories:  Media , Wizards
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Evening Bog: Players discuss the Capstronaut
Next: Mike Green wrestles with Bobby Ryan

Comments

"I just feel bad for Gilbert, because he's been crucified for a whole bunch of things, and he's taking the punishment, he's taking it on himself the best way he can."

I don't feel bad for Gil because it was poor judgement all the way around.

Period.

- Ray

Posted by: rmcazz | January 29, 2010 11:14 AM | Report abuse

"Gilbert's dad also suggested that someone within the organization was responsible for the story getting disseminated the way it did, an accusation his son seems to share."

**COUGH*** ERNIE **COUGH**

gee think a former knicks gm would know peter vecsey?

Posted by: EdLeee | January 29, 2010 11:35 AM | Report abuse

Your son is a 28 year old multi-millionaire. Technically, he has not even lost his job, even though one of the few times he reported to work in the last three years, he brought four guns with him.

Not hating on Gil, in fact I believe and hope he and the Wiz will reconcile. Just saying, cheer the %$#@ up.

Posted by: Godfather_of_Goals | January 29, 2010 11:40 AM | Report abuse

I'd cry if I lost millions upon millions of dollars too.

Posted by: hbbigern85 | January 29, 2010 11:41 AM | Report abuse

Poor baby. Hey Gilbert, buy a freaking safe when you buy the guns then take some classes on how to handle a firearm. Or is the 100 million you're getting all tied up right now.

All these athletes, you to Burress, can take a hike. Nobody is listening.

And the fact that Gilbert Sr is making an excuse for his son. Good job raising him Gil.

Posted by: blanknerc | January 29, 2010 11:58 AM | Report abuse

Can someone please explain to me how bringing effing guns to verizon doesn't get your contract voided? How is that not covered under some good behavior clause in that ridiculous contract ernie offered him?

Posted by: bogardp | January 29, 2010 12:04 PM | Report abuse

I'd cry too if I had just pissed away a shoe deal and NBA contract worth over a combined 100 million dollars for an $1100 dollar bet...He needs a dunce cap with velcro straps

Posted by: kahlua87 | January 29, 2010 12:06 PM | Report abuse

Gil thinks it is all about him, what about his teammates AJ and Caron etc; not to mention the fans. Does he have any concern or idea how his behavior has cause a severe ripple effect.

Posted by: popjohnny | January 29, 2010 12:16 PM | Report abuse

Grow up Gilber. Life is not a joke. Take responsibility for your actions. You have millions of eyes of young people looking at you.

Posted by: cordobes17 | January 29, 2010 12:36 PM | Report abuse

Come back Gilbert!

Posted by: DMcdonkerton | January 29, 2010 12:38 PM | Report abuse

Leaving guns in a place where your children can find and handle them is completely unacceptable and absolutely awful, even if you are a millionaire. Gilbert, you are an idiot.

Posted by: DKSW | January 29, 2010 12:41 PM | Report abuse

Bone head Gil. First of all, to keep a gun where your kids have access to them is the BIGGEST bone-head move. Second, to take those guns to "work" is the second bone-head move. Then to "joke" with your co-workers about the gun and display it, third bone-head move.... Three strikes and you are out! I know this is basketball, but in any league you don't get a fourth pitch. BONE-HEAD!!!!

Posted by: skinfannomore | January 29, 2010 12:43 PM | Report abuse

Nothing like being stupid and losing a 100 million dollars...PRICELESS!

Posted by: LongTimeSkinsFan | January 29, 2010 12:46 PM | Report abuse

Nothing like being stupid and losing a 100 million dollars...PRICELESS!

Posted by: LongTimeSkinsFan | January 29, 2010 12:47 PM | Report abuse

I believe we have become a very judgemental society. I am not at all agreeing with Arena's actions but I feel that we all make mistakes. I am thankful when I was in my 20's I was not in the public eye...LOL I always try to live by the saying of thou without sin cast the first stone....so I will not case one...

Posted by: LatongaJohnson | January 29, 2010 1:02 PM | Report abuse

He literally cried. As opposed to crying figuratively???

Posted by: checkered1 | January 29, 2010 1:20 PM | Report abuse

Here we go again. It's all about the money with you guys, isn't it? I guess if Gilbert wasn't a "millionaire" we wouldn't be so hard on him. Being a millionaire should automatically make you a mature, sober, focused individual with no sense of humor, no desire to make your buddies laugh, and no ability to laugh at yourself. It sounds to me - from everything I've read - that Gil is trying to take full responsibility for what happened. Sure, he laughed about it at first because he couldn't believe anyone would think he would seriously harm or threaten anyone. But, it appears no one on these message boards are even willing to believe that he has learned his lesson. Did he do stupid things? Yes, he did and he's paying a very high price for those stupid acts. Now, get over it, people. Try and assume for even a moment that he truly regrets what he did and say again that he doesn't deserve a second chance. If you still think that, I can only hope and pray that you, nor any of your loved ones, never do anything incredibly dumb because you may find yourself facing the same kind of condemnation that you are applying to Gil.

Posted by: juliagraffam | January 29, 2010 1:23 PM | Report abuse

Thug: "I brought the gun to scare the guy, I NEVER intended on shooting him, this is all a misunderstanding"

Posted by: dcdoug | January 29, 2010 1:32 PM | Report abuse

LOL - all this from a joke... dude your a joke... have to be kidding me - common sense - neither of you have it... he brought guns into work - fired with a felony would be anyone else..

Posted by: rockettonu | January 29, 2010 1:32 PM | Report abuse

You did it to yourself you macho, clueless, egotistical idiot. Only in gun-loving USA would these kind of careless & crazy shenanigans occur. What if someone had thought the gun was unloaded & it wasn't? Be funny if the self-centered & self-obsessed primadonnas involved never play pro basketball again. I'm sure their wives will adjust to the lower standard of living.

Posted by: uncivil | January 29, 2010 2:01 PM | Report abuse

Self-Destruction 101.

Posted by: uncivil | January 29, 2010 2:02 PM | Report abuse

Geez people, cut the guy some slack. I agree with Gil Sr.'s outlook. It was an ill advised prank that has blown way out of proportion. I am sick at how quickly people have turned on Gil. He has done a ton to help the Wizards since he got here and now he's thrown under the bus by the organization. That's more of a crime to me than bringing UNLOADED guns to the gym.

Posted by: NickelsLuvsSkins | January 29, 2010 2:10 PM | Report abuse

Whew!

Rough crowd on this blog. I mean I agree that what Gilbert did was not smart. You never take any guns, whether they are stun guns,cap guns, show guns etc to ANY workplace, but, at the same time my heart goes out to him. He is scared and embarassed I would imagine because he has not talked to any of the players that I know of. I have empathy for the Gil and hopes he can get past this. I belive Gil's past has messed with his self esteem some which is why he loves to be the center of attention, hence the practical jokes. This time he made a huge mistake and it wasn't funny. But no one is perfect and he is not the thug that some people are calling him and those true Wiz fans know that. A knucklehead, pain in the butt at times, but not a thug. This thug thing is an unfair characterization. I am glad to see his father is there for him trying to help him get through this.

Posted by: ivyleague | January 29, 2010 2:14 PM | Report abuse

The sad thing about all of this is that it was probably just a joke. As a former athlete what goes on in the lockerroom stays in the lockerroom. Guns should never have been in the lockerroom and Gil's attorney should have advised him about the gun law change since the attroney probably knew he had guns. But the way people are hating on Gil and making him seem like he is some kind of crazed criminal is wrong. He helped make the Wizards better, he did community work and he made people cheer and smile Media, public lighten up and for all of you who have a problem with his 11 million dollars, do something wothwhile to earn that kind of money instead of hating on him because he has superior skills in basketball. If you make $7.50 an hour you probably are only worth $7.50 an hour to your bosses.

Posted by: blkwrestl | January 29, 2010 2:19 PM | Report abuse

Can I please ask why you people care so much what he did. Half of you are not Wizards fans anyways. How is what he did effecting your everyday life for him to be crucified the way he is. He is human. Everyone makes mistakes. We all know it was a joke he was playing. He is a prankster. I'm not taking up for him but can we as people stop criticizing others and worry about whats going on in our own life. Even if you have money it doesn't make you perfect

Posted by: claudiuskai | January 29, 2010 2:20 PM | Report abuse

BS. He didn't take the guns there because he wanted them out of the house. Anybody that buys that lame excuse is moronic. That's just a cover-up. How many of you would take guns from your house (because you didn't want them around your kids) to your work and store them in your desk? You think they are more secure there? The logical answer is you buy a gun safe and lock them up. Problem solved. Not transporting them to your workplace. PLEASE.

Posted by: bamaboy1 | January 29, 2010 2:21 PM | Report abuse

As, the bible teaches, let he who is without sin, cast the first stone. In other words, judge not lest ye be judged. Hang in there Gil. There are plenty of fans that still love you and appreciate what you brought to this city and remember, this too shall pass. Mr. Arenas, if you are reading this blog, as I know you do sometimes, let Gil know that he still has plenty of fans in DC and that the entire city has not turned their backs on him and still have love for him.

FREE GIL!!!

Posted by: ivyleague | January 29, 2010 2:25 PM | Report abuse

And to all who are asking for sympathy for Gil....I don't think Gil is a thug either. And I can forgive him. But the problem with all these athletes who get caught in "situations' is that they try to cover them up and rarely come clean on the facts. Crittendon apparently didn't think it was a joke. Witnesses said they had a confrontation and then a couple of days later guns are displayed? Would you think that's a joke if you were a witness? I don't think Gil or Crittendon ever intended to shoot each other, but IT WASN'T A JOKE. It was tempers that led to bad decisions for both of them (of which we all make). If Gil would just admit it, quit lying about the situation, he would get forgiveness from most people. But he's continuing his charade of covering up his ill-advised antics (crappin in teammates shoe, removing wheels from a teammates car, etc.) by saying "I was just joking".

Posted by: bamaboy1 | January 29, 2010 2:29 PM | Report abuse

GILBERT ARENAS 2010-2011 MVP

Posted by: claudiuskai | January 29, 2010 2:35 PM | Report abuse

Gilbert Arenas's dad: "He literally cried"

What is the purpose of this headline?

Posted by: 123cartoon | January 29, 2010 2:40 PM | Report abuse

i'll take these one at a time.

NickelsLuvsSkins, how has gilbert been "thrown under the bus by the organization"? the wizards have considered their options and removed his likeness, but have yet to take any direct action against gilbert.

blkwrestl, my problem with gilbert's 11 million dollars is that i think it would be better spent on someone else at this point.

claudiuskai, i care about what gilbert did because i'm a season ticket holder, i'm not getting my money's worth.

ivyleague, you can quote all the scripture and claim all the support for gilbert that you want, it won't make a difference. he won't be wearing a wizards uniform again.

julia, i saved you for last. it's irrelevant whether or not gilbert learned his lesson, his relationship with the organization cannot be repaired. since you admitted that his contract was a mistake, why shouldn't the organization try to sever ties with him and bring in someone else?

Posted by: briffy | January 29, 2010 2:54 PM | Report abuse

I am "physically" crying for DC Basketball right now! I wonder who Gilbert is crying for?

Posted by: JohnWWW | January 29, 2010 3:03 PM | Report abuse

I don't care whether he wears a Wiz uniform again or not but believe this he will be back and when he comes to the Verizon center to play the Wiz, which he will, he is going to drop fiddy on ya!

You arguments are no more right or wrong then anyone else's on this blog. That is your opionion and what I wrote was mine.

I have been young and I have done some dumb things. But, I rose above it and I am sure once this all over, so will Gil.

Posted by: ivyleague | January 29, 2010 3:05 PM | Report abuse

And by the way, I am a season ticket holder too!

Posted by: ivyleague | January 29, 2010 3:06 PM | Report abuse

Ivyleague,

You quoted the Bible: "In other words, judge not lest ye be judged."

Does this mean that we shouldn't judge Gil?

Posted by: bamaboy1 | January 29, 2010 3:09 PM | Report abuse

Basically, that is what I am saying and before you say I judged him, I haven't. He made a very wrong/stupid decision but his reasons are not for me to dispute. A lot of people say that he didn't bring the guns to the Verizon center to keep away from his children but who am I to say that he is lying. I have not a clue as to why he brought them and can only go by what he said. All I am saying is that it just seems to me that so many people get off on talking down people who may make more money than others. Especially black athletes. But, like me and everyone else, they are not perfect. Our mess just doesn't end up in the papers because who cares. Other than this incident, he has done nothing to wrong the city of DC, actually he has been quite philanthropic.

Posted by: ivyleague | January 29, 2010 3:32 PM | Report abuse

Gilbert may be a prankster, but his pranks go a little too far, I think. Crapping in someone's shoe? That's disgusting and unsanitary. Removing wheels from someone's car? That's a little over the top, don't you think? His pranks seem to be a little vicious to just elicit laughs. Get a grip, Gilbert!!!

Posted by: pburton1 | January 29, 2010 3:32 PM | Report abuse

I sincerely hope that the Gilbert camp doesn't think that the front-office could keep this under wraps did they?

The Etan-Brendan fight eventually leaked, and that storyline kept coming up until Etan was traded away.

Gil's "situation" was kept under wraps for as long as possible. It was almost a week before Vescey ran it to press. At that point, there was no calming the storm. And of course, Gil had to pull that silly stunt in Philly to prove that he was such an Alpha dog that if he said it was a joke, then everyone should believe him and go on their merry way.

I am really disappointed in Gilbert that in his heart of hearts, he thinks it's just a joke, and really believes that society should conform to his expectations. His quirkiness was a breath of fresh air in a town where appearances and conformity are valued over substance. It has also become his undoing.

Gil, I don't write the rules, I can't rewrite the rules, but the last time someone believed me when I tried to pass something both stupid and serious off as a joke, was in 5th grade.

Gilbert, take your lumps like a man; grow up and move on from here. I will be thrilled to see your redemption story written. I wish it could be here in Washington, but it's best for everyone to just move on.

Posted by: mabkhar | January 29, 2010 3:33 PM | Report abuse

With all the money Gil makes, he couldn't find a better place to store his guns other than the Verizon Center lockerroom?? How about a bank security box? How about a locked box in the back of your truck? How about an attic where a kid could never reach? How about a single man friend that lives alone? There are a hundred places he could've stored his guns other than the lockerroom! Come on! The stupidity displayed here by Gil has just been so waaay over the top that it borders on retardation!!!

Posted by: NothingButTheTruth | January 29, 2010 4:04 PM | Report abuse

Mabkhar - Great post and my thoughts exactly.

Posted by: bamaboy1 | January 29, 2010 4:35 PM | Report abuse

Well, did he cry because:

1) He lost millions of dollars,
2) Children cry when they are punished,
3) Children cry when they are caught doing something wrong,
4) Children cry when they think they are being unfairly treated,

The bottom line: He still thinks he did nothing wrong because it was just a joke.

This is why I don't like pro basketball: Too many spoiled brats like Arenas.

Posted by: PriorKnowledge | January 29, 2010 4:40 PM | Report abuse

PriorKnowledge

You sound like a spoiled brat yourself. And who the hell cares what some blogger likes? Really? Is the world suppose to care if you do or dont like basketball. You took time to post that? Wow, people think because they can post on the internet everyone is suppose to care what they think.

Posted by: ged0386 | January 29, 2010 6:11 PM | Report abuse

Gilbert was naive about the seriousness of this whole thing.It's sad to say, but he truly had no knowledge about what was about to unravel.Finally the light bulb came on and he realized that he messed-up big time!! And his crying was a remorseful realization of how much he'd messed-up

Posted by: earlandshirley | January 29, 2010 6:51 PM | Report abuse

"BARRY FARMS" is behind you 100%!!!

Posted by: earlandshirley | January 29, 2010 7:03 PM | Report abuse

"... for all of you who have a problem with his 11 million dollars, do something wothwhile to earn that kind of money instead of hating on him because he has superior skills in basketball."

His salary is based solely on his value to this team and its fans. That value is based on his court performance, for one, but also on how well he represents the city, plays in a way the team and city can be proud of, how many children look up to him, how many families want to bring their kids to games and buy his jersey, etc. Athletes and their apologists who claim it's all about scoring and winning miss the point. If that were the case, then why are we all Wizards fans and not, say, Lakers fans, who perform better and win more? It is because the team and its players represent the fans, our city, our tribe, the DMV, us. That is a great, even daunting responsibility and we pay handsomely for it. The average ticket buyer pays $12 of their hard-earned cash directly to Gilbert Arenas per game. If he's not up to the task of representing us, then he simply does not deserve the responsibility or reward that comes with it. Bringing guns into the arena of a team that changed its name due to gun violence in a city with a storied history of gun crime, gambling with colleagues and getting in a fight over it, an ensuing felony gun conviction after a previous misdemeanor, etc. shows a blatant disregard for that responsibility. Joking about it, then apologizing for it, then claiming you did nothing wrong shows a lack of contrition and sends the wrong message to the fans who pay his salary. Being a crybaby and telling friends he won't play for the Wiz while Grunfeld is in charge shows a child continuing to misplace blame and spit in the face of fans, to whom he owes an honest apology and a humble plea for the opportunity to redeem himself. You can make all the great plays in the world, but if you violate the sacred pact with the fans, you aren't worth the Adidas you poop in.

Posted by: SammyT1 | January 29, 2010 8:20 PM | Report abuse

And as for poor judgment (a) who hasn't ever displayed poor judgment (b) who hasn't hoped/asked for mercy when they displayed poor judgment (c) do grown-ups REALLY think in this world that everyone gets what they deserve (OJ, John DeLorean, and a host of others would disagree) and (d) if you do not believe c, why are you so insistent on a pound of flesh from GA?

He's lost over $7 million, is a convicted felon, and may see the inside of a cell for who knows how long. His reputation is dirt. What MORE do you want? This team stunk long before GA, it will stink long after. So even if you clear cap room, do you really think EG will improve the team? How many of the Wiz' draft picks have proven to be decent NBA players with THIS team?

GA is the NBA's George Bush, at least in DC. No matter what, somehow, it's GA's fault.

Posted by: gbooksdc | January 29, 2010 10:50 PM | Report abuse

Poor Gilbert. He should've been a senator and claimed oops it was just an accident. That is how you are allowed get away with bringing loaded guns to work in DC.

Next time Gilbert, just say you forgot.

Posted by: calhokie | January 29, 2010 11:46 PM | Report abuse

"He's rich and he's black. Of course the haters will crawl out of the woodwork like roaches."

Not true. People - black, white, yellow, red - loved him when he was a good citizen. Admittedly, there are people in here who dislike him because his contract has killed the cap/team and proven not worth the investment... but that's another issue.

"And as for poor judgment (a) who hasn't ever displayed poor judgment (b) who hasn't hoped/asked for mercy when they displayed poor judgment"

What gets people is that he has exhibited poor judgment repeatedly, and shown no remorse repeatedly. Poor judgement #1 Gambling with teammates #2 threatening to shoot a teammate in the face #3) bringing guns into the locker room, which was 3A) a felony crime 3B) offensive to ownership, which has made a specific issue over guns 3C) offensive to fans, families and children to whom it set the wrong example 4) not being forthcoming about what happened (and possibly using his children as cover) 5) making light of it in his tweets 6) finger-gun pointing before Sixers game 7) Apologizing, then nullifying said apology by claiming he did nothing wrong 8) getting word out that he would not play with the team if Grunfeld stays with the team, thereby shifting blame on someone who did nothing wrong and holding the team, its future and its fan base hostage.

He needs to stop shifting blame on Grunfeld, accept that what he did was wrong, sincerely apologize and go out of his way to redeem himself to team and fans. He may have already poisoned the well, but it is a step in the right direction. He has done some great things in the community and already has much to build on. I think people like an underdog and will rally around him - elsewhere, at least, and perhaps here, too - if he gets it right.

Posted by: SammyT1 | January 30, 2010 12:02 AM | Report abuse

SammyT1 I agree with you. The thing I am most disappointed in Gilbert about is that he has not truly apologized to the organization, the fans, his teammates and the coach. We get it. He was playing a "joke" But this joke went to far and he has to accept responibility for it. It was no ones fault but his own. He has probably put E's job on the line, caused a few of his teammates anguish because they may get traded and not really want to leave. He has also interrupted the lives of their families as well. He needs to look inward, really accept responibility for what he has caused.People stuck by him and he does owe them an apology. Maybe then things will start to look up for him because otherwise he is doomed to end up in this situation again, if he doesn't really get it.

Posted by: ivyleague | January 30, 2010 8:57 AM | Report abuse

From above post

I feel good that this has happened to Gilbert. He is one of the most overpaid players in NBA history. He is obviously not the "pillar" upon one can build a team.He was paid (although injured)over $250,000 per point last year - over half a million per bucket. He is losing 7.6 million this year which he didn't deserve to begin with. That is why he is crying!

This franchise is hideous and we have to build all over again. We need to build like the Hawks have done - from the draft.
We should get anything we can for the current players that we have and think like we are an expansion team. We need a good evaluator of talent to do so, in other words no "Kwames" with the first overall of the draft. We should also change the nickname back to the Bullets as this moniker fits and Wizards rings of discrimination particularly in "chocolate city."

Posted by: rickywarner49 | January 30, 2010 12:57 PM | Report abuse