Video: Caps react to win over Penguins

Alex Ovechkin was booed when he came out on the ice, booed every time he touched the puck, booed when he scored, booed when his goals were announced, and booed when he shot into an empty net. There were anti-Ovechkin signs all over the arena, including my favorite: Stuff Ovenchicken. Philosophers could ponder that one for years.

Soon after he started his post-game remarks, I asked him what it's like to be booed like that. His comments are above.

Below is David Steckel. He was wearing the ridiculous hard hat while he spoke with the media, so his giant-hatted head was hard to capture within one tiny frame. But I tried my level best.

As for the rest of the players, they remained consistent with their message; they had said this was just another game before it happened, and they said it was just another game after they won it. I still don't want to believe them. Sue me.

"We knew looking to this week was going to be a really tough, tough week and a week that you could measure where you're at," Jose Theodore said. "The Philly game was a big win, and then beating Detroit and Pittsburgh, the two top teams of last year, it was huge....It's a good week. We've just got to keep going."

By Dan Steinberg  |  January 21, 2010; 11:30 PM ET
Categories:  Caps
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Coaches talk Sid and Ovi
Next: Alexander Semin's game-winning pass

Comments

first!

Posted by: vrt2 | January 22, 2010 12:08 AM | Report abuse

The Steckel video is broken for me.

Posted by: theGelf | January 22, 2010 12:33 AM | Report abuse

fans boo me because I'm good .... this man has more class everyday.

Posted by: terryreece | January 22, 2010 7:06 AM | Report abuse

wheres Gilbert at ? lol

Posted by: terryreece | January 22, 2010 7:07 AM | Report abuse

I love OVIE so much I had the "Great Eight" tatted on my manhood

Posted by: terryreece | January 22, 2010 8:48 AM | Report abuse

Ovie shut up the Pissburgh human scum, didn't he?

Posted by: poguesmahone | January 22, 2010 9:00 AM | Report abuse

Steinberg,
Your derisive comment about the hard hat is pretty ignorant but you probably won't believe that either. I suspect the players are more proud of the hard hat than being a game's star since it is given by their own teammates. Usually you're pretty cool but not this day.

Posted by: AleksanderOMunchkin | January 22, 2010 12:08 PM | Report abuse

AleksanderOMunchkin
Lighten up.

Posted by: MNMNT | January 22, 2010 12:40 PM | Report abuse

Although Pittsburgh had former cap Brent Johnson in net and was missig a couple other players it was still very inspiring to see the entire team rise up over a big team. This is what the Caps will need in the playoffs.

Posted by: Dlewis10 | January 25, 2010 12:17 AM | Report abuse