Lindsay Czarniak rocks the red

Sure, the Caps are on a two-game losing skid, but that doesn't mean some great Caps images haven't floated into my computer in recent days. Here's a sampling, starting with the above image from the storm, featuring Lindsay Czarniak and her Caps lid.

I include this one mostly for my friend the Great Dave McKenna, who regularly expresses his outrage that Czarniak goes on the air for the Redskins Broadcast Network wearing Redskins branded clothes, thus crushing any notion of impartiality. While he is, of course, correct, here's proof that she's willing to wear the gear of any local team.

(And yes, I realize it was cold. And yes, I love my Nationals scarf, and wear it regularly, thought not on the air.)

Then there's these jerseys. Apologies for not remembering where I found this, but someone unearthed them on Twitter. I'll forever argue that while either one of these might be considered a jersey foul on its own, in tandem they make pure red magic.

Evil One? Not sure I feel quite the same way about that. Thanks to Reader Bob for the image.

This one is less ha-ha and more holy ____.....it's the helmet of Josh Gorges, after the Canadiens defenseman took a Mike Green slapshot off the noggin. Check the imprint. Gorges needed 15 stitches, but was back on the ice Thursday morning, naturally. The image comes from the team's Web site.

And finally, one more Snowvechkin, this one hailing from New Jersey, via the second snowstorm.

"6'2, probably weighs about 230, missing teeth, curved stick," the creator wrote me. "Would have put my jersey on it but this is Flyers country....I want to keep it."

By Dan Steinberg  |  February 12, 2010; 11:11 AM ET
Categories:  Caps , Media
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Caps loss smashes ratings record yet again
Next: Kornheiser, Vecsey still obsessed with Wise

Comments

This is the same Lindsay Czarniak that once referred to them as the "Crapitals," n'est-ce pas?

Posted by: JohninMpls | February 12, 2010 11:17 AM | Report abuse

I sent you the original 'We Rock' 'The Red' jerseys twit pic...no worries tho brotha.

Posted by: HogsHaven | February 12, 2010 11:31 AM | Report abuse

That's good to see. Far too many journalists have this misguided belief that they should be impartial. Wrong. Local sports journalists shouldn't be anything close to impartial. They should be fans of the home town teams that provide honest (albeit biased) reporting. Sports are about entertainment and fun and sports journalists should recognize this. (It's one of the reasons I like this blog so much, it's fun).

Posted by: Cznzy | February 12, 2010 11:38 AM | Report abuse

Lets see Lindsay in some La Perla for V Day. Screw the Redskins or Caps gear.

Posted by: vaherder | February 12, 2010 7:15 PM | Report abuse

Lindsay rocks. WaPo sports writers (and whatever it is Wilbon is nowadays) can only wish to bring what Lindsay does.

Posted by: caps1974 | February 13, 2010 4:39 AM | Report abuse

Im tired of sportswriters who think its so wrong to be a writer and a fan also. Lindsay's great.

Posted by: bryjen48 | February 13, 2010 3:50 PM | Report abuse

The "WE ROCK THE RED" jerseys belong to me and my husband. This pic was taken at our 20th anniversary renewal of vows, which was done in all Caps jerseys. The hockey fight pic was better...

Posted by: bubblegirl1 | February 13, 2010 5:06 PM | Report abuse