Nats Web site selling Wang jerseys

UPDATE: Nats sign Wang. Mystery ruined.

The latest word from the Chien-Ming Wang: "We haven't finalized anything with anybody," the pitcher's agent told Chico Harlan a few days ago. Monday morning on Twitter, Bill Ladson reported that "Wang is expected to make a decision by the end of the week."

And yet, bless our hearts, whoever runs the commerce portion of the Nats' Web site has gone ahead and added Wang's name to the choices of personalized t-shirts and personalized jerseys and personalized youth jerseys and everything else. There's Wang's name, right before Josh Willingham's.

And, uh, right after Ron Villone's. And two names before Dmitri Young's.

But still, maybe the people who run this site know more than they're letting on. Also, both Wang and Collin Balester's jerseys are offered with the No. 40. 'Stache off, boys. Make it happen.

(Via Federal Baseball)

By Dan Steinberg  |  February 16, 2010; 10:19 AM ET
Categories:  Nats
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Jim Bowden's tips for small-market GMs
Next: Wizards ratings: Still similar to Caps

Comments

I'm confused. But it's still a good time catching a game at Nats park.

Hope they improve this season. Go Caps!

Posted by: CF11555 | February 16, 2010 10:50 AM | Report abuse

I certainly hope this means that something is truly in place, in spite of the denials. I mean, it's not like they started marketing Teixeira jerseys at any point last year.

Perhaps the team can influence the future by offering the jerseys! Get the factory to start making Mauer Nats paraphernalia for next season!!!

+1/2St.

Posted by: kevincostello | February 16, 2010 11:20 AM | Report abuse

I knew I should have ordered one when I first was alerted to this yesterday. After your post, shirts with players names are no longer available. I guess they either don't want word out yet, or they are simply embarrassed.

+1/2St.

Posted by: kevincostello | February 16, 2010 11:26 AM | Report abuse

Balester gave up his jersey to Cabrera last season, is that really the direction Wang wants to go?

Posted by: tomterp80 | February 16, 2010 11:39 AM | Report abuse

The Nats are suckers for Wang.

Posted by: JamWhitt | February 16, 2010 12:19 PM | Report abuse

Do Wang jersey's come in size Magnum? Are the Wang jersey's made of sheep skin? Are the Wang jersey's ribbed for pleasure?

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | February 16, 2010 1:50 PM | Report abuse

Wange don't waer no socks in the rain.

Posted by: JamWhitt | February 16, 2010 5:00 PM | Report abuse

remember, with every Wang jersey you get eggroll.....

Posted by: bromisky | February 16, 2010 7:58 PM | Report abuse

Nats are lucky. Wang will turn around this year.

@bromisky I heard with every Wang jersey, you get an Acer netbook.

Posted by: momomo | February 17, 2010 1:19 AM | Report abuse

I'm going to need a XL Wang to go with my XL Johnson.

Posted by: 6thandD | February 17, 2010 9:16 AM | Report abuse