NBC Caps logo fail

This Sunday's matinee match-up with the Penguins will be so awesome, it'll take you right back to, like, 2005!

Or, as Mike Holden noted, "I heard NBC gave the spot to the new Caps logo for 7 months, but then removed it & put the old one back in."

(Via @OnFrozenBlog)

In other Caps news:

* Alex Ovechkin was asked if he should have a special speed limit. "Right now I'm driving slow," he said. "It's bad weather. I try to drive safe." (Via Alex Ovejtkin)

* Red Rocker Sarah's favorite book? "Facebook." (Via @scottcarefoot)

* Alex Ovechkin blurbs Ted Leonsis's book: "I believe Ted's book can help you become MVP in your life, work, and at home." (SB Nation via Mister Irrelevant)

* Speaking of Ted and happiness, Ted Leonsis is happy: "Please for just one day. I beg of you. No negative emails. No negative vibes. Tomorrow all bets are off. We can worry, we can vent, and we can go back to our individual dark places. But for 24 hours I declare a no fly zone on negativity and unhappiness."

By Dan Steinberg  |  February 3, 2010; 12:59 PM ET
Categories:  Caps
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: What happens if you check Alex Ovechkin
Next: Alex Ovechkin in Haiti relief PSA

Comments

not only 2005, but MIDNIGHT 2005.

Posted by: dcsportsfan1 | February 3, 2010 1:36 PM | Report abuse

Maybe NBC is hoping the 2005 Caps show up so their golden boy Crosby can win. Can someone please let the NHL and NBC know that having the same team 3 weeks in a row on your "Game of the Week" is not how you best showcase your league.

Posted by: patmanbnl | February 3, 2010 1:50 PM | Report abuse

Dan, are you sure your not looking at the Low Def signal? Its an older signal, so it may not be up to date.

Posted by: alex35332 | February 3, 2010 1:54 PM | Report abuse

I admit I am sensitive to all this, but that is further evidence the league and NBC have a respect problem for the Caps. They would NEVER put that other Pens logo up by mistake, would they? You know, the one from the 90's that was more modern and not as queer looking?
Do they hate the Caps because they play in the capitol of the USA? Are they pissed that DC is a viable market? Are they upset that the franchise has been successful after being the joke of the league in the 70's?
I just don't get it.

Posted by: jmurray019 | February 3, 2010 1:54 PM | Report abuse

jmurray, i think its just laziness and the use of non-sports people to do these graphics. note that they used midnight for the time. clearly this was put together by someone who has issues with details.

they probably did a google search on washington capitals logo and copied the wrong one. just like the local la tv station that put up the logo of the kansas city wizards soccer team when the lakers played the wiz in basketball.

Posted by: dcsportsfan1 | February 3, 2010 2:16 PM | Report abuse

Reminds me -- up to about a year or two ago the Comcast Digital Cable Box "Info" screen for the Redskins Report spring counterpart show "Full Court Press" said the show covered the Bullets and other local sports.

I can't imagine how that happened. AFAIK the Wizards name change predated digital cable set top boxes with channel and show guides by a few years at least.

Posted by: smshadowman | February 3, 2010 4:04 PM | Report abuse

Well, they fixed the graphic with the correct Caps logo now and the game is now officially at 12 PM not 12M.

Posted by: washcaps | February 3, 2010 6:28 PM | Report abuse

they should put the original 1967 Pens logo up showing the Penguin with the scarf around its neck.

Posted by: colezig37 | February 3, 2010 7:08 PM | Report abuse

Good catch, Steiny.

NBC is moronic. What can we say? At least I won't have to watch this game on bootleg internet.

Let's go Caps!

Posted by: CF11555 | February 4, 2010 1:02 AM | Report abuse

Уважение красный

Posted by: hessone | February 4, 2010 7:25 AM | Report abuse

I will be at the game.....so I wont have to deal with the Crosby homers during the intermissions. If the Caps beat the Pens MM and PM may literally go into convulsions.

They despise the Caps more than I despise the Dallas Cowboys.

CAPSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Posted by: Redskins2Win | February 4, 2010 8:33 AM | Report abuse

WELL SAID TED,WELL SAID! GO CAPS!!!

Posted by: gratefuldid | February 4, 2010 9:27 AM | Report abuse

Steiny,

Do a story on the Pens schedule leading up to the game on Sunday vs. the Caps schedule leading up to the game.

Difference? I think so......

Posted by: CF11555 | February 4, 2010 10:46 AM | Report abuse

Maybe NBC is just taking cues from CBS? Channel 9 News still has the old flying eagle logo on display in their sports bumper every damn day.

Posted by: SteveNaismith | February 4, 2010 11:12 AM | Report abuse