Bruce Boudreau's newest commercial

When we look back at the 1980s, we look back at, among other things, the goofy commercials our local sports stars created. There's a persistent fear, though, that this generation's athletes aren't doing their part. Other than the Eastern Motors crew, who has really created a memorably cheesy local ad campaign in the last decade? Where are the catchy jingles, the iconic 2010-era clothes, the companies you've never heard of?

Well, Bruce Boudreau is trying, at least. From his five Mercedes spots to his appearance with the Ameritel triplets to, now, another new ad for Harvest Bank of America with Jack Hollerbach, Boudreau is getting that work done. Twenty years from now, these will be our memories of watching Caps games on TV: Ameritel triplets, Holla Bach and "You had me at no problem."

So, so great.

(Via Russian Machine Never Breaks)

By Dan Steinberg  |  March 22, 2010; 10:34 AM ET
Categories:  Caps
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Portrait of Ovechkin as a young man
Next: Frank, Sonny and Sam reunited

Comments

Bruce Boudreau: Gifted Thespian

Posted by: StuScott_Booyahs | March 22, 2010 11:16 AM | Report abuse

His best commercial is still the "..and I'm gettin' a garden salad", just for that one line and delivery alone.

Posted by: jsnyd1 | March 22, 2010 11:21 AM | Report abuse

I am so grateful that BB is in the DC area. He's a great coach and is so damn entertaining...I hope he coaches here until he's 70 or so...

Posted by: outrbnksm | March 22, 2010 1:08 PM | Report abuse

I miss those old Providence Bank commercials with Kelly Miller.

Posted by: paperboy76 | March 22, 2010 3:10 PM | Report abuse

the ameritel one doesn't make as much sense to me.

the 'you had me at no problem' is immortal

Posted by: j762 | March 22, 2010 6:31 PM | Report abuse

Hands down, "you had me at no problem" is my favorite commercial. Of course "I'm gonna get me a garden salad" is a very close second. Next to Joe Gibbs, Bruce will probably be remembered as one of the most beloved coaches for a DC team. He's just so charming and has a great sense of humor. I met him at the convention and took a pic with him. I told him that I had looked forward to meeting him all week and that I found him adorable, he blushed and told me I made his whole week. It was just downright cute, lol.

Posted by: TickvsArthur | March 22, 2010 7:50 PM | Report abuse