Daniel Snyder with Cameron Diaz

Well, we were all wrong about the alligator-skin desks, and many apologies for that. Seriously, that's not a winning moment for me, and my adding cheapshots on top of the alligator-skin desk news only made it worse.

Luckily, there seems to be photographic proof for the next ownership story: that Daniel Snyder was hanging out with Cameron Diaz at the Super Bowl. Or at least in the same room at the same time. (Also Brian Orakpo, I guess, though I'm not sure that's quite as exciting.)

The photo is borrowed from Sports Business Journal's coverage of the Super Bowl scene. It comes from the CAA Sports party, and no, that doesn't stand for Colonial Athletic Association. And it sounds like Diaz remained a part of the Snyder entourage right through the game. From the DMN:

On the way back to our seats outside the baseball press box, we ran into Tom Cruise, Katie Holmes and Cameron Diaz, who were with Washington owner Daniel Snyder.

Look, if you can parlay your sports ownership into friendships with the most famous people in the world, I've got no problem whatsoever with that. Wearing a Redskins t-shirt under your dress shirt at a swank party, maybe I could take issue with, but that's just quibbling.

Anyhow, this party was at the W Hotel, and ESPN.com judged it one of the two best of Super Bowl Week. Guests reportedly included Diaz, Cruise, Holmes, Jessica Alba, Derek Jeter, Alex Rodriguez, Eli Manning, Terrell Owens, Knowshon Moreno, Robert Horry, Carrie Underwood, Jamie Foxx, Gilbert Arenas and Kate Walsh.

And yes, the above photo is so majestic that I'm going to skip right over the news that Gilbert was partying with Daniel Snyder and Jessica Alba.

By Dan Steinberg  |  March 2, 2010; 2:45 PM ET
Categories:  Redskins
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Nyjer Morgan chooses Ovi over Crosby
Next: Gilbert says he'd have "no problem" playing for Wiz

Comments

Oh man, I was in this party for a brief moment, too. Wish I had stayed.

Posted by: HogsHaven | March 2, 2010 2:57 PM | Report abuse

I haven't laughed that hard in AGES. Once I realized he had the Redskins shirt on underneath, I completely lost my marbles. Holy cow is that funny. What a complete boob.

Posted by: MarylanDChris | March 2, 2010 3:04 PM | Report abuse

Kudos to Dan for wearing the colors, even if he is a dork

Posted by: zcezcest1 | March 2, 2010 3:17 PM | Report abuse

Great. Cameron Diaz and the Danny. Two of the all-time most obnoxious people.

Posted by: dclifer97 | March 2, 2010 3:19 PM | Report abuse

DS,

When I read the headline, I thought YOU were hanging with Diaz - BUMMER. You deserve a perk or two....

Posted by: cmecyclist | March 2, 2010 3:23 PM | Report abuse

CD is past her prime but she was awesome as the sports-loving girl in There's Something About Mary. I'd still give her and those long legs a wrestling match if she wanted.

Posted by: shanks1 | March 2, 2010 3:43 PM | Report abuse

If I owned a pro sports team, I would rock my team gear everywhere I went. Yes, even at a ritzy party, what the hell would anybody say? Nice shirt?

Response back would be, thanks..I own them

Posted by: wizardsextreme1 | March 2, 2010 3:54 PM | Report abuse

Terrell will be a redskin NOw

Posted by: bert3 | March 2, 2010 4:08 PM | Report abuse

Cameron Diaz is one of the best non-pro snowboarder chicks I've ever seen. She's A-OK in my book.

Dan Snyder? Not so much.

Posted by: PDiddy | March 2, 2010 4:12 PM | Report abuse

Glad to see that Gilbert wasn't letting the gun charge get in the way of his conga line.

Posted by: leopard09 | March 2, 2010 4:42 PM | Report abuse

Orakpo - please do not hang out with a d*uche bag like Snyder. Diaz is a sea hag.

Posted by: ar652 | March 2, 2010 5:59 PM | Report abuse

why does Orakpo look like Ashy Larry from the Chappelle Show? Is that powder all over his face?

Posted by: spam21 | March 2, 2010 6:41 PM | Report abuse

I wonder what Mrs Daniel Snyder thinks about this. isn't she recovering from cancer? So she is at home while her scum bag hubby is out partying with starlets.

Maybe there is hope for redskin fans if she files for divorce from little Danny Snyder the 30 second man!

I hear both have been talking to big time family practice lawyers.

Shame Steinberg doesn't have the sources for this info.

Posted by: sheepherder | March 2, 2010 7:23 PM | Report abuse

Rode hard. Put away wet.

Posted by: mjapr | March 2, 2010 7:59 PM | Report abuse

Impressive. I didn't notice it at first. Thanks for the pic.

Posted by: RedCherokee | March 3, 2010 12:11 AM | Report abuse

Hey the Danny might be a lot of things but he gets major props for rockin the skins t-shirt!! If I owned the Skins, you better believe I would dare someone to say something about it.
Represent all day, everyday Dan.

Posted by: priceisright | March 3, 2010 11:18 AM | Report abuse

Too bad Gil's hogleg didn't give DarkHeart an accidental lobotomy.

Posted by: rdpinva | March 3, 2010 1:39 PM | Report abuse