Emmitt Smith slams Daniel Snyder

(AP file)

Emmitt Smith will be inducted into the Hall of Fame at the same time as Russ Grimm. You have to assume that means he'll be in the same room with Daniel Snyder at some point. And you have to admit things might get a little awkward.

SLAM mag posted an extensive interview with Smith on Friday, and at one point asked the former Cowboy which team he most liked beating. Smith's response was very measured, in the sense that you might measure a watermelon's width before you begin destroying it with a sledgehammer.

"I loved defeating the Redskins," he said. "I loved it, I loved it, I loved it with a passion. And I loved it more when Daniel Snyder got the team, for a number of reasons. I did. Because here is a guy who thought he could build a football team just because he has the money to buy players. There's more to it than that.

"And he's not a compassionate person, not a compassionate person at all from what I understand. And that makes me just want to pummel somebody. You know, you hate to see pride, wearing itself on his forehead and his chest. And to me, arrogance sticks out like a sore thumb when you talk about him. And the lack of compassion for others is a problem. Because it's not that hard to be compassionate; you just choose to."

As with John Riggins's "dark heart" stuff, there's a glaring lack of specifics here. Whether Smith will actually pummel Snyder, or vice versa, remains to be seen.

(Via John Keim)

SATURDAY UPDATE 1:20 P.M.

Daniel Snyder has issued a response.

By Dan Steinberg  |  March 5, 2010; 3:01 PM ET
Categories:  Media , NFL , Redskins
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Duke-Maryland time lapse
Next: Kasten on Winter Classic prospects

Comments

Emmitt Smith is one to talk about arrogance. If I have to hear him talk about how he played that game with his stupid shoulder falling off and how heroic it was I think I'm going to throw up. He wasn't arrogant at all taking his helmet off after every touchdown. What a jerk. He is also as dumb as a box of rocks as evidence by his horrific espn work.

Posted by: dmshunt | March 5, 2010 3:12 PM | Report abuse

Emmitt, go suck on the Cowpuke star... No compassion? The man sent his private jet to Haiti didn't he? You're still mad that Brunell, Moss and Gibbs ruined your little gay ring ceremony that Monday Night in from of the world in your crappy little stadium!!!

Posted by: mattkrogman | March 5, 2010 3:15 PM | Report abuse

Ruthlessly exploiting the good will of Redskins fans for fun and profit is a non-compassionate act.

Posted by: asbloom | March 5, 2010 3:20 PM | Report abuse

God not sure how I feel on this one. Former player who I hate, current owner who is a pain in the @$$, lock em both in a room with a couple knives I don't care who comes out.

Posted by: alex35332 | March 5, 2010 3:27 PM | Report abuse

Jerry Jones and his empire of Jones clones aka Son #1 Son #2 and his daughter.

Jones is Owner, President and GM.

He hovers over the sideline at the end of games and uses his fired coaches as scapegoats.

I would say to Emmitt Dancing Smith that he should do his Texas 2 Step in his own backyard in Dallas because they suck almost as much as the Redskins!

Posted by: dmacman88 | March 5, 2010 3:29 PM | Report abuse

Emmit, when I want your opinion... I will give it to you. Otherwise, you can cram it up your cramhole you f-ing cowgirl.

Posted by: ericroks | March 5, 2010 3:41 PM | Report abuse

Dallas Sucks and Jerry Jones still swallows, but Emmit Smith is right.

Posted by: VeloStrummer | March 5, 2010 3:47 PM | Report abuse

WOW!!!!

taking a shot, when there was absolutely no reason too.

just another in the long list of classless COWBOYS!

Hey Emmitt!

we hate you too

Why?

Because of the flipping star

we as fans never make it personal with the person, just the uniforms

you may be a HOF guy who had the biggest-baddest o-line and a few more HOF guys around you, meaning your just a tad over rated... not to mention the fact that you should thank Barry Sanders for retiring, because otherwise you wouldn't have that record that you wanted soooooo bad...

but hey...

it's not personal

Posted by: byrdinthesky | March 5, 2010 3:51 PM | Report abuse

come on Skins fans is Emmitt lying?? Synder is a little rich man that simply does not know how to run a team and it's CLEARLY his fault the Skins have stinked soooo BAD since he bought the team!!

At least Jerry Jones has won 3 titles, what in the hell has Synder won...absolutely nothing!!!

Posted by: Adrian5 | March 5, 2010 3:52 PM | Report abuse

Emmit MAY be right but you have to question who HE is as a person when you say "from what I understand".

So you actually never met Mr. Snyder, you just formed your opinion from what you've heard? That tells us everything we need to know about YOU Emmitt.

Like someone else said you won the rushing title by default because you were not in the same class as Barry Sanders.

Posted by: keedrow | March 5, 2010 4:03 PM | Report abuse

little rich man? you're a little poor aren't you? Emmit is a cowboy going out hating. No Class, just like the rest of them

Posted by: Black706 | March 5, 2010 4:04 PM | Report abuse

This is why I hate the Cowboys and their players. Emmitt Smith did you get fired from ESPN because you have no clue at all baout football. I could have run behind that line you had, and for the person who mentioned Barry Sanders....he is right on you would not have even had a chance to break that record if he had the attitude you had and just stayed in for the record. Thats why you will never be in my TOP 10 running backs of all time. No go get your GREY HAIR remover and choke on it.

Posted by: obxneric | March 5, 2010 4:04 PM | Report abuse

Yeah, well........

Posted by: thecomedian1 | March 5, 2010 4:04 PM | Report abuse

Samuels hated the Cowboys but he didn't elaborate, he kept it real. emmit take notes

Posted by: Black706 | March 5, 2010 4:05 PM | Report abuse

Hey Emmitt after you left the cowboys to goto the cardinals...oh yeah how did that work out for you........Well we are listening

Posted by: obxneric | March 5, 2010 4:06 PM | Report abuse

Yeah, well........

Posted by: arizona4 | March 5, 2010 4:09 PM | Report abuse

it takes an idiot like steinberg to ask for "specifics" --- when snyder wears his specifics on his sleeve --- he reeks of arrogance --- i can see his black heart from a mile away

Posted by: bestmick1 | March 5, 2010 4:11 PM | Report abuse

GAWD THE PAIN that Synder has inflicted on Skins nation! Just to pick one thing from a very long list, I thought the Spurrier fiasco was rock bottom but the last two years were absolute waterboarding.

As a Skins fan, Emmitt is solidly on my hate list BUT, I must admit, the vision of Emmitt crushing Snyder to a pulp is darn attractive.

I would only ask that Emmitt leave some for Riggo.

Posted by: mi-ti-bear | March 5, 2010 4:14 PM | Report abuse

Emmitt may be a hall of famer but in reality he isn't even a top 10 back of all time. He had the benefit of playing on a team stacked with talent. Hell I could have rushed for 1200 yards a year behind that line. As far as his contemporaries go, Emmitt couldn't carry Barry Sanders jock strap.

Posted by: crazyhorse19682003 | March 5, 2010 4:29 PM | Report abuse

EMMITT.... GO GET DEBACLED!

Posted by: SkinzNWiz | March 5, 2010 4:37 PM | Report abuse

-------------------------------

...this is hilarious. You don't honestly believe what you just wrote, do you?

Posted by: arizona4 | March 5, 2010 4:38 PM | Report abuse

I think - as a Redskins fan since 1972 - I agree with Emmitt ---- just sayin'....

Posted by: dah1963 | March 5, 2010 5:14 PM | Report abuse

Geez, are there any former Redskins slamming the Cowpukes organization or players for their arrogance and superiority complex?

No Class Emmitt.

Posted by: charley42 | March 5, 2010 5:18 PM | Report abuse

I'm suprised anyone could understand him, he can barely speak English.

Posted by: jrminkler | March 5, 2010 5:31 PM | Report abuse

Yeah, Emmitt. Jerry Jones is the epitome of restraint and compassion. Emmitt Smith, the only reason you ran for so many yards is because you ran behind a HOF line and Barry Sanders retired 5 years too soon.

Snyder still has "bought" more playoff wins in 10 years than Jerry Jones could in 14.

I think its time someone "debacled" you, Emmitt.

Posted by: jmurray019 | March 5, 2010 5:38 PM | Report abuse

Go dye your beard and shut your mouth you uneducated a-wipe.

Posted by: cupcake5 | March 5, 2010 5:47 PM | Report abuse

I've never liked Emmitt Smith when he was with the Cowgirls and like him even less now. So who cares?

Posted by: goskins21 | March 5, 2010 5:50 PM | Report abuse

Dallas Sucks and Jerry Jones still swallows, but Emmit Smith is right.

Posted by: VeloStrummer | March 5, 2010 3:47 PM | Report abuse

aaaaaaah my favorite tshirt of all time...

DALLAS SUCKS (on the front)
JERRY JONES SWALLOWS (on the back)

i just hope it holds up...maybe i should vacuum seal it in the offseason...

cant say i disagree with emmitts point though...

Posted by: deadskin | March 5, 2010 5:50 PM | Report abuse

Yeah, I guess once a jerkoff, uhh I mean cowboy, always a jerkoff. He is another in a long line of ex-athletes dying without the spotlight, just trying to keeo their name out there. Who cares what Emmit thinks about Dan Snyder. You know what he is really mad about? That Dan never offered him any money like he did Prime Time!

Posted by: dbrine1261 | March 5, 2010 6:10 PM | Report abuse

I have never liked emmitt smith, the man can't even put sentences together. and the from what i understand statement speaks volumes. please disappear you numbnuts and take that crackhead Irvin with you. I hate dallas............hail to the redskins

Posted by: Mark99 | March 5, 2010 6:16 PM | Report abuse

I hate agreeing with Emmitt Smith. But then, he's always had that effect on me, as one of the only Cowboys in history about whom I secretly thought, "Damn, I wish he played for us."

F Dan Snyder

Posted by: NateinthePDX | March 5, 2010 6:55 PM | Report abuse

The star of the most detested team on the planet, saying words that inspire poetic rapture. "Oh Danny, I hate thee, let me count the ways..." Even when talking about how much he hates the Skins, he's turning the knife with the one handle we have no good comeback for. Jerry Jones is bad, but Danny, well he never even played the game...and no rings...
Oh the pain...

Posted by: kls1 | March 5, 2010 7:08 PM | Report abuse

why would anyone care about what Emmitt Smith said about the Skins. the team was 4 and 12. by right the whole team should be let go. I HATE THE GIRLS AND IF THE SKINS WOULD HAVE BEATEN THEM PUNK TWICE AND LOST THE REST IT WOULD HAVE BEEN A GREAT SEASON

Posted by: lostdogrwd1011 | March 5, 2010 7:11 PM | Report abuse

*Says the most overrated, arrogant RB of all time. That's even a stupid way to spell the name, it's EMMETT, B%^#H!!!

Posted by: Corvis777 | March 5, 2010 7:24 PM | Report abuse

I'm sure Emmitt thinks Jerry is compasionate when he allowed you silly a$$ to finish up his career with the freakin Cards! Jacka$$e$

Posted by: clwalker1906 | March 5, 2010 7:31 PM | Report abuse

This from the arrogant jerky that pulled his helmet off after every td and the league had to create a rule banning it. Talk about self centered. Snyder is not an evil person just because you don't like the fact he's smarter and richer than you. Homo.

Posted by: hand_of_doom | March 5, 2010 7:47 PM | Report abuse

E.Smith? Of the Cowboys? Is he still playing? Is he running over those Redskins in the senility bowl? I'll give him one thing. He sure looked good doing the fox trot on dancing with the fools.

Posted by: coastallp74 | March 5, 2010 7:56 PM | Report abuse

Emmit was a great football player, but it is well known that he's not the brightest bulb on the tree. At least it might fire up this year's Redskin - Cowboy games. Someone might remind Mr. Smith the Redskins TWICE beat the Cowboys in the NFC championship game. Here's to a revitalized Redskins team this year.

Posted by: bfjam | March 5, 2010 8:17 PM | Report abuse

Not Compassionate? How Compassionate was Jerry Jones, when HE CUT your butt, not 2 years removed from breakin' Sweetness's record...Go back to doing what your good at Emmitt, Just For Men Commercials...geesh

Posted by: SCPEGLEG | March 5, 2010 8:49 PM | Report abuse

I hate the Cowgirls but Emmitt is right. Totally.

Posted by: DeaconFan | March 5, 2010 9:12 PM | Report abuse

Maybe Mr. Smith is still a little loopy from the career ending hit Lavar Arrington gave him. Lavar destroyed him. It was great. Bye bye Emmitt.

Posted by: MikeMIke3 | March 5, 2010 10:28 PM | Report abuse

Someone posted they should put Emmitt and Dannyboy in a room with knives, let them fight it out and that they did't care who comes out. I say, i hope Emmitt comes out because he certainly cannot hurt the redskins ever again and dumb -arse dannyboy has been trying to ruin us for ten years now. F -em both is what I say!!!

Posted by: klangley69 | March 5, 2010 10:36 PM | Report abuse

If I am not mistaken, after Snyder bought the Redskins the Cowboys and Smith won ZERO playoff games and Smith ended up playing some forgettable games for the Cardinals in the desert before he retired.

Not many big games for the HOFer against the Redskins after 1999.

More often than not BOTH of these teams were looking up at the Eagles or Giants in the NFC East.

Great joy to be gained when one 5-11 team beats another one?

Posted by: leopard09 | March 5, 2010 10:41 PM | Report abuse

Emmitt Smith talking about arrogance??? Ok... I won't even make the obvious "pot calling the kettle" argument with regards to ol' emmitt. Instead, lets talk about the team to which he was wedded. You want to talk arrogant owners who fancy themselves a stellar GM? Snyder didn't invent that persona! Jerry Jones is the archetype - he paved the way for every Napoleonic-complexed Daniel Snyder (and his progeny) for the next 6 generations. The name "Michael Irvin" ring a bell, ol' emmitt?? Here - snort a line or two - that refresh your memory?

C'mon... look - as a Skins fan, I hate the cowgirls and always will. And I don't pretend that Dallas has any more love for us capitalinos. But call a spade by its proper name... and don't pretend that Snyder's ego and his "lack of compassion" somehow overshadow what's happening in your sh!thole city - there's a hundred-thousand-spectator monstrosity in Texas that proves otherwise.

Posted by: mtp456 | March 5, 2010 10:48 PM | Report abuse

I would sincerely like to thank Emmitt for adding to the rivalry....

But I agree with him - danny boy is an arrogant jerk.

Posted by: oldnova | March 5, 2010 11:10 PM | Report abuse

Why should it be awkward for Snyder and Smith to be in the same room?Smith is not just offering his opinion,he's also stating some facts.Don't get me wrong,I've watched the Redskins since 1965.I've gone from attending 6 or more games a year to 1 the past few seasons.There is one person responsible for my waning interest,and it is not Emmitt Smith.For the blind faith fans,I have one question.How many Super Bowls did Smith win as a player,and how many has Snyder won as an owner?

Posted by: seanmg | March 5, 2010 11:46 PM | Report abuse

Dooms Day for Dallas!!!

Look, we all hate how Snyder and company have handled the team over the years, but we're family...And when a cowbama player or fan begins to throw stones...well, i only hope skins nations plans to crash the party in canton and go HOG Wild! See you at the old oak tree for the pre-game festivities.

Die Dallas Die...

Posted by: boricuabopper | March 5, 2010 11:49 PM | Report abuse

Emmitt is not lying ... everything he said is the truth. The Redskins have died a slow death every since flesh-eating Dan Snyder bought the team. He is worse than cancer.

And I'm a Redskins fan, but I am NOT a Dan Snyder fan.

Posted by: gitouttahere | March 5, 2010 11:58 PM | Report abuse

Emmitt Smith can kiss my butt. Who cares what he thinks, Skins fans?
Check your allegience.

Posted by: sorry2say | March 6, 2010 12:48 AM | Report abuse

F emmitt smith, f the cowboys. Why should any Redskin fan care what he thinks.

Posted by: jmy999 | March 6, 2010 4:15 AM | Report abuse

I invite everyone here to post a blog on the dreaded Dallas Newspaper. No better way to stir things up then all us Skins Fans posting blogs on their newspaper!

Posted by: HAWK7 | March 6, 2010 6:37 AM | Report abuse

From what he understands, Emmitt knows things. Emmitt only knows that he loves him some Emmitt. Talk about no class. Kept ever TD ball he ever got - when he broke Riggins TD record for a season it was a total lack of class. Riggo tossed the ball, every ball - to the Ref. Emmitt kept every one like he had never scored. Great skill but a little short in the brains dept. Playing for jerry jones and talking about someone else's owner? Snyder is a no fan friendly owner for sure, and he's nothing to be proud of - and Jones is no better. Maybe you should actually get to know someone before you talk about them old Emmitt. Knothead.

Posted by: loanphd | March 6, 2010 7:09 AM | Report abuse

For all the haters out there that say Danny is arrogant and complaining that Emmit doesnt really know Snyder to make that comment. Arent u all doing the same thing. Do we reaaly know Dan Snyder Or Emmitt Smith? No! So lets relax on these comments and let Emmit and Russ Grimm have their day. Congrats Russ and good luck Emmitt

Posted by: BlackHammer | March 6, 2010 7:29 AM | Report abuse

Emmitt Smith has a lot of nerve slaming anybody. He need to go somewhere and learn how to talk - period - before he talks. "jerk"

Posted by: MHEDRLT | March 6, 2010 7:30 AM | Report abuse

The irony of the "classless" posts here is fairly amusing.

Posted by: WorstSeat | March 6, 2010 8:05 AM | Report abuse

"...not a compassionate person at all from what I understand."

Emmitt is getting senial in his old age.

Hey Emmitt...remember when you fumbled the ball in the endzone while playing us at old RFK?

I was there. I loved it, loved it, loved it!

Just another attempt as someone who is well out of the lime light trying to put himself back in.

Lame. I hope Russ talks about how he loved beating Dallas at the ceremony.

- Ray

Posted by: rmcazz | March 6, 2010 8:06 AM | Report abuse

F-Emmitt and Dallas!

Posted by: vexed50verizonnet | March 6, 2010 8:29 AM | Report abuse

@ boricuabopper AND @ vexed50verizonnet:
VERY WELL SAID!

Posted by: delfranklin4 | March 6, 2010 8:45 AM | Report abuse

As much as I hate the Cowboys, Smith has always been pretty classy. So those that call him classless are way off base. Further, the dude is right. Synder has always been an A-Hole with a huge ego that has prevented the Skins from being any good over most of the last decade.

Posted by: cman1963 | March 6, 2010 9:03 AM | Report abuse

Dadgum! I thought he was slamming Snyder because he didn't make an immediate splash into free agency this year. That said, I have to agree with ES.

Posted by: richs91 | March 6, 2010 9:14 AM | Report abuse

emmitt you are a jerk & Dan Snyder has made some mistakes, but he has more class than you ever would and gave more to mankind and help others than you ever will. you are such a BIG idot

Posted by: wingmd | March 6, 2010 9:18 AM | Report abuse

Hey, I'm not a Dan Snyder fan, his record as owner of the skins speaks for itself, but, in fairness, he has been more than generous to a host of players and coaches over the last decade. London Fletcher is the only one I can think of who lived up to his contract. If the skins are winning, all this junk goes away.

Posted by: magilla | March 6, 2010 9:20 AM | Report abuse

If Smith does indeed meet up with Snyder at some point he will just run out of bounds.

Posted by: Mike4169 | March 6, 2010 9:21 AM | Report abuse

Had Barry Sanders played a couple more years, Emmitt would have had no chance of catching up to Sanders records.

When Barry decided to stop playing, he was a lock for the HOF, without the need to gain another yard. To ensure his spot in the HOF, Emmitt had to slog on for years. The Cardinal years were primarily for stat padding.

I have no problem with players playing as long as they can and want to play and no problem with building career stats when you have a shot at the HOF, but Emmitt vs. Barry?? PUHLEESE! Barry's stats were why Emmitt played on and on .....

As for Emmitt and Snyder, see my earlier post.

Posted by: mi-ti-bear | March 6, 2010 9:35 AM | Report abuse

Congratulations Emmitt, you just made Snyder a sympathetic figure. Now, put your tutu back on and hit the floor.

Posted by: TheDubb | March 6, 2010 9:46 AM | Report abuse

Emmitt,

Let me first begin by saying that, while I universally HATE anyone who dons ths silver and blue and the helmet with ridiculously stupid star on it, I had until this moment respected you not only for your performances on the field, but your character off the field.

But alas, you have proven me wrong. Mr. Snyder has MANY faults. Yes, he does not a clue as to how to run a football team. Yes, he has made stupid and impulsive decisions regarding player personnel that have negatively impacted the team. Yes, he does come off at times as a petulant little brat. However, he is not without compassion. He has a great deal of compassion not only for his players and their families, but also for the greater Washington community as evidenced by his prolific generosity.

If you don't know about this side of Mr. Snyder, it is because he does not draw attention to himself or his good works. In fact, part of his image problem is that he, unlike you, shuns the spotlight. It would appear that Mr. Snyder is growing in personal humility, something that, regrettably, you appear to be utterly bereft of.

Finally, while Mr. Snyder has his faults, he has taken personal responsibility for them. Recognizing his own shortcomings in the business of football, he has placed those responsibilities in far more capable hands. Realizing that his poor public perception is in part due to his reclusive nature, he has made himself more available. As an owner, he is evolving. You, my friend, are devolving.

My advice to you is to try and develop a little class. There are several other former Dallas Cowboys living and deceased from whom you can draw an example of high personal character. Roger Staubach, Everson Walls and the late Tom Landry come to mind. Even the hated Danny White showed immeasurable class in spearheading the effort to get is profesional nemesis, Russ Grimm, into the hall of fame. With a little effort perhaps you, like Mr. Snyder already has, can mature.

Posted by: jemoorman | March 6, 2010 9:53 AM | Report abuse

...and Jerry Jones hasn't used his money to buy a championship? Jerry isn't an egomaniac? For all Synder's faults, I have no doubt he wants to win. He just hasn't figured out the formula. But we don't need no freaking cowgirls giving critiques about the Redskins. Go suck on a pair of spurs Emmitt. We loved whipping your ass also.

Posted by: jfoster13 | March 6, 2010 10:11 AM | Report abuse

Put on the gloves, shut up and settle this dispute like men. Midget Boxing at the Hall Of Fame...tell me that's not great entertainment.

Snyder not compassionate? How did a washed up Deon Sanders get all that money for nothing? That's compassion, Emmit, Texas style.

Posted by: howjensen | March 6, 2010 11:03 AM | Report abuse

DS may be a jerk, but he is our jerk. Btw Emma, I loved that Monday night back in 2005, loved it, loved it with a passion.

You know what a pragmatic man would do in your shoes? Thank God he gave you the ability to play football, take your money, and stop giving the world evidence of your vast stupidity.

Posted by: burbworks | March 6, 2010 11:21 AM | Report abuse

Dan Snyder is not fooling anyone but the Redskins fans who continue to put up with him. Just this year Dan Snyder forced Jerry Gray to say that he interviewed for the head coaching job with the Washington Redskins. This allowed Snyder to do what he was going to do anyway and hire Shanahan. Dan Snyder destroyed the Rooney Rule. He did the same thing with the General Managers job. No one but the Washington Post-whose sports writers clamor to work for Snyder on the radio won;t report on the Redskins. If there was not one black football executive who could have been better than Vinny Cerrato, I will eat your hat. There are at least 100. Snyder continues to be racially insensitive and ignorant. The rest of the world can see it but not all of the Post Reporters trying to get a gig on talk radio. Dan Snyder just wasted his billion dollars. He has never produced a winner. You have to hire the best management, coaches and players. Many of the best were here, he just got rid of them. The Post should win the anti pulitzer award for missing the story on Jerry Gray and the all of the general managers. It is 2010 and the Redskins have never had a black head coach or a black general manager. In fact no one was even given a serious interview. Snyder is a joke. A very unfunny joke.

Posted by: HelloNewman1 | March 6, 2010 11:21 AM | Report abuse

i hate the the stupid vomit dall ass cowturds...Emmitt Smith is garbage without that all pro line

Posted by: pathmo | March 6, 2010 11:51 AM | Report abuse

Hey Emmitt,

SHUT UP!

We hate our owner, however, we hate your leather-faced, yellow-toothed owner more! Keep him off the sidelines!

Posted by: refusetogivein | March 6, 2010 12:55 PM | Report abuse

As much as I dislike anything to do with the Cowboys there is some truth to what he is saying. Now if Dan can let Mike the man Shanahan and co. run the show, we will be back in the thick of the NFC East. Go Skins

Posted by: skinsfanfrmbirth | March 6, 2010 1:18 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Mike4169

Awesome. Glad to know I'm not the only one who remembers the fraud running out of bounds and settling to punt, rather than putting in that extra effort for first downs.

Posted by: wcasey1 | March 6, 2010 1:21 PM | Report abuse

high character of the deceased tom landry?..landry was a big time racist as was weeb ewbank and many other coaches at their times,they knew how to coach but this high character garbage is nothing but..garbage. as for e. smith and the cowboys they have had great teams and have been to and won many super bowls(not lately)but that is a part of their legacy, I dont care if he called out snyder because snyder is a horrible owner he spends alot of money but knows NOTHING about building a pro-football organization he himself has single-handedly destroyed this organization that is a FACT not sure what shanahan/allen will do but they have their work cut out for them.

Posted by: wathu19 | March 6, 2010 1:42 PM | Report abuse

I'd have more respect for the former cowpuke Smith if he'd also be so willing to slam his arrogant, condescending, greedy, selfish Cowpuke Owner who has a face lift each season and who has to have two assistants carry his bags under his eyes so they won't hit the ground when he moves from his perch to the field every Sunday.

Emmitt - you had been on my very, very, very, very, very short list of Cowpukes whom I could tolerate. Now you are just one of the former cowpukes who hasn't been to jail.... yet.

Yeah, Lil Napoleon Snyder is a prick and he wants to buy success. We all know that. But he is evidently starting to mature and has handed over the reigns to adults. Perhaps you, Emmitt, could hand over your trap to an adult and perhaps you wouldn't have both feet stuck in it come Hall of Fame day. And by the way, jerk, there will be so much burgundy and gold around you on that day that you will have thought you had gone to Cowpuke Hell.

Hail to the Redskins and make water on Emitt.

Posted by: laserwizard | March 6, 2010 1:45 PM | Report abuse

Being a cowgirl doesn't make him wrong on the Danny...alot of us have said as much or worse about 'Ill Doouche Sniderlino'

Posted by: kahlua87 | March 6, 2010 2:22 PM | Report abuse

You may not like Snyder for his decisions as a front office executive of the Skins, but to make the claims that Smith did is just plain wrong!!!!
He knows nothing about the man, yet claims he is not compassionate!! I think the record shows that Snyder has given time and time again to a myriad of causes!! Does Mr. Smith care to compare his record of given to that of Mr. Snyders?? I doubt it!!
It's just easier to spout off like an idiot and make everyone believe you know what you are talking about!!!
Smith, any respect I had for you is gone for the simple fact that you chose to throw the first stone!! How pathetic!!!

Posted by: dkidwell61 | March 6, 2010 3:37 PM | Report abuse

Another loudmouth ------.

Posted by: goodeedward | March 6, 2010 4:27 PM | Report abuse

"It is 2010 and the Redskins have never had a black head coach or a black general manager. In fact no one was even given a serious interview. Snyder is a joke. A very unfunny joke."

Well, you could say the same exact thing about the Cowboys. Lot of other teams, in fact. So what's the point?

Posted by: BMoreChil | March 6, 2010 4:30 PM | Report abuse

"From what I understand"? From what I understand Emmitt kicks babies and eats puppies for breakfast. What the hell is that? Unless you know for a fact why don't you keep you damn mouth shut.

Posted by: bustinggrapes128 | March 6, 2010 5:06 PM | Report abuse

I would say Snyder won that exchange. And Smith has NO room to talk about Snyder unless he also talks about one Jerry Jones.

Posted by: poguesmahone | March 6, 2010 5:33 PM | Report abuse

Hey Emmitt....
Remember when Jerry Jones and the Cowgirls sent you to the Cardinals and you cried every day. Go back to school and take some English 101 in order to learn the word .... Compassionate. Your people are not compassionate, but can't tell because you are an idiot..

Posted by: oscarmartin | March 6, 2010 8:55 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: MikeMIke3 | March 5, 2010 10:28 PM

Actually that was Aikman who got CONCUSSED for the last time in his NFL career and had his career ended by Arrington. I just wish Emmitt had the same fate! Go pat your bot JJ on the back and suck the azz of the guy who enables you to finish your career with the CARDS.. DUMBASS

Posted by: scottmando | March 6, 2010 9:04 PM | Report abuse

Tom Boswell puts it succintly:

"Spending to win is good. Wasting money, then making it back from your customers, isn't."

Posted by: rdpinva | March 7, 2010 10:18 AM | Report abuse

Barry Sanders was better.

Posted by: bogardp | March 7, 2010 10:41 AM | Report abuse

"Because here is a guy who thought he could build a football team just because he has the money to buy players. There's more to it than that."

...Says the guy who spent the lion's share of his career working for *Jerry Jones*

Posted by: VTDuffman | March 8, 2010 9:47 AM | Report abuse