A Redskins Fan in Dallas

This, Redskins fans, is the proper behavior if you ever find yourself taking a tour of Jerry Jones's new palace.

This is Bog reader Alex, and he found himself in Dallas while visiting his girlfriend during spring break. High on his list of sights to see was the Cowboys' garish home. While properly attired, of course.

He was heckled by just about everyone on his 40-person tour, including his girlfriend, which didn't make him take off his Sean Taylor shirt, obviously. He also reports that the giant screen plays highlights during the tour, and that much of the highlights came from the Cowboys' hideously ugly 7-6 win over the Redskins last year. Strange choice.

"I spent the day in Dallas with that shirt on and a lot of people went out of their way to let me know I suck," Alex wrote me. Which is fine, and all, but it doesn't cancel out the beauty of this image.

(And no, Alex didn't spit on the star. He wanted to, but his girlfriend forbade it.)

See also: Redskins fan wears Offseason Champs shirt to Texas Stadium implosion.

By Dan Steinberg  |  April 14, 2010; 10:40 AM ET
Categories:  Redskins
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Willie Harris "ain't no little boy"
Next: When Montreal traded Rod Langway to the Caps

Comments

I dunno, how big a skins fan can one be if they are willing to **** a girl in a Emit Smith jersey.

Posted by: alex35332 | April 14, 2010 11:32 AM | Report abuse

much respect for the actuality of passive aggressive dallas degradation. however, if you are forbidden to spit on the star, because of your woman, then i can only give you a 75%. i am disregarding the fact that you are there solely for the pursuit of said woman. so this is a byproduct and not the focal point. typically, that would take you down to a D minus. bonus points for above picture and having to listen to eastern texas accents and insults. final score, 83%.

Posted by: theraph | April 14, 2010 1:15 PM | Report abuse

I had an interesting experience on the DC Metro one night several years ago while wearing my Cowboys sweatshirt on the way home from a Caps game. A Redskins fan gave me a gentle joshing about the Cowboys having been eliminated from the playoffs earlier in the day. My response, "So long as the Cowboys beat the Redskins twice a year, I really don't care who wins the other 14 games"....and an ugly win is still a win, an ugly loss (like the Redskins/Saints game this year) is still a loss :-)

Posted by: JCM-51 | April 14, 2010 1:40 PM | Report abuse

...and I'll take an ugly win over an ugly loss anytime :-)

Posted by: JCM-51 | April 14, 2010 1:43 PM | Report abuse

I'm a Ravens fan and even I support this post. If only he had gotten on the jumbotron during the act, that would have been quite meta.

Posted by: M__N | April 14, 2010 2:28 PM | Report abuse

I am a Marylander that was transplanted to the Dallas-Fort Worth area to take on a new job 13 years ago. Since then, I have proudly worn my Redskin colors all over the DFW area, including to each of the Redskin-Dallas games. The best game I attended was in September 2008. I had 5th row seats behind the Cowgirl's bench on the 45 yard line!!! I was wearing all of my Redskin colors holding a big sign that proclaimed "AMERICA'S TEAM IS FROM WASHINGTON D.C.!!!" Fortunately, the Redskins won 26 - 24!!! At the end of the game, a Cowgirl fan standing next to me tapped on my shoulder to distract me while his 10 year old son stole my sign and tore it up...I just laughed at them proudly stating they could have my sign, because it had already worked its Redskins magic!!!...I also told them that ripping up the sign would not change the score, as I pointed to the scoreboard. On my way out of the stadium, I fell upon a once in a lifetime chance to take a picture with a Cowgirl cheerleader!!! She was trying to leave out of the side entrance when I caught her. She was reluctant at first, but finally gave in. I was proudly wearing all of my Redskin colors with a big grin on my face..The picture is awesome!!! I share the picture with all of my Redskins buddies when I come back to D.C. IT IS GREAT TO BE A REDSKIN FAN IN THE DALLAS AREA!!!...HAIL TO OUR GLORIOUS REDSKINS and bring on those Cowgirls next season!!!

Posted by: RedskinRukus | April 14, 2010 4:09 PM | Report abuse

I know a guy by the name of Alex that looks just like that guy and he is a bandwagon fan who likes the Yankees, Tom Brady, Duke basketball, etc...

Posted by: sitruc | April 15, 2010 6:50 AM | Report abuse