Albert Haynesworth's new boat

In the spirit of Alex Ovechkin's car, here are photos of Albert Haynesworth's new boat. It's a 48-foot-long Marine Technology, Inc. catamaran named Terminator, and it replaces his previous skull-themed boat, Hellraiser. Via Boats.com:

"Honestly, it's a great, great boat," Haynesworth said. "I need bigger props and it will be all right--we were running 155 mph on the rev limiters all day with 38-inch props. If we had 40-inch props we estimated it would run 163, 164. I love the way it rides. I love the way it handles. It's lighter than Hellraiser (Haynesworth's previous 44-foot MTI) It's a badass. I'm actually going to keep this one for a few years."

Maybe that means something to you. All I understood was "badass." Haynesworth discussed his power boating passion in a recent interview with Back Sports Page, explaining that he designs these custom paint jobs.

"[On] past boats I've gotten awards. I had last year, a red boat, it was called Hellraiser. It had flames all over it, it had skulls, burning skulls; it was pretty wicked. Everyone was like it's crazy, it's crazy....

"In July of last year, I sold that boat and started a new project, a 48' MTI. When you see the pictures, it's pretty intense, it's pretty crazy. Everyone is like, 'Oh my God. That's your boat? How the hell is he going to get any crazier?' It's like you just one-upped yourself. I guess that just means I'm in a league of my own."

I'll let the boating enthusiasts rule on that one. For comparison's sake, Hellraiser is pictured below. (This is all via Skins Blog; the photos come from Reelboating and from the E:60 profile.)

By Dan Steinberg  |  April 2, 2010; 11:29 AM ET
Categories:  Redskins
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Phil Chenier's 25th season celebration
Next: Matt Bradley's "lucky" goal

Comments

That boat screams two words "New Money", and that's exactly what Fat Albert is.

I hope gets in shape because on the rare occasion I would actually watch a Skins game, it got annoying to see him rolling around on the field or vomiting on the sidelines after every other play.

Posted by: washingtoncapsblog | April 2, 2010 11:37 AM | Report abuse

Sources say the "bad ass" boat tends to run out of gas frequently...

Posted by: boricuabopper | April 2, 2010 11:44 AM | Report abuse

I am a classic boat man myself. Give me a wood hacker or chris-craft any day over these fiberglass inboard-outboards. Speed is fun, but there is no room on that thing to relax and have a fun time.

Posted by: alex35332 | April 2, 2010 11:47 AM | Report abuse

@ washingtoncapsblog
Although I'm pretty sure he could take out a lot of "old money" if he ran this thing through the Edgartown regatta.

Posted by: Subprime_Minister | April 2, 2010 11:51 AM | Report abuse

When that thing goes airborne and flips at 155 mph are the Skins instantly free of his contract? There has to be something in his contract forbidding him from such activities (e.g. the no motorcycle clause a lot of players have).

Posted by: RiggoisDrunk | April 2, 2010 11:51 AM | Report abuse

Two words - trailer trash.

Posted by: oldnova | April 2, 2010 11:52 AM | Report abuse

What a gigantic toolbag

Posted by: jtheisman | April 2, 2010 11:52 AM | Report abuse

I'm looking forward to reading a story, in about ten years, about how a series of bad investments left Albert Hanyesworth penniless. There should be an idiot tax.

Posted by: rucks35 | April 2, 2010 11:55 AM | Report abuse

The boat probably last longer than Haynesworth does in trying to do his job.

Hopefully Haynesworth will get in shape to play more that one down each defensive series. A total waste of space on any team.

Posted by: mrcox54 | April 2, 2010 12:00 PM | Report abuse

(Comparing this post and its comments to the one about Ovechkin's fancy car/parking job the other day...)

Posted by: NateinthePDX | April 2, 2010 12:09 PM | Report abuse

What does this have to do with the state of my Skins?? Who gives a fu*k what that fat fu*k buys with his $$. As long as he gets in shape and mans the Dline. I culd care less. What bs reporting.

Posted by: digger76 | April 2, 2010 12:16 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: NateinthePDX | April 2, 2010 12:09 PM | Report abuse

Great point. I really do not understand the vitriol directed at Haynesworth from supposed Redskins fans.

Posted by: Barno1 | April 2, 2010 12:21 PM | Report abuse

What, has Fat Albert gained so much weight already this offseason that he decided this is what they'd need to cart him off the field next season when he runs out of gas?

Posted by: hogwash1 | April 2, 2010 12:23 PM | Report abuse

Does this new boat come built with oxygen tanks and a mask?

Posted by: Scoonie97 | April 2, 2010 12:30 PM | Report abuse

And not one Smoot/Love Boat comment up here. How quickly we forget...

Posted by: NateinthePDX | April 2, 2010 12:38 PM | Report abuse

That is the ugliest boat I have ever seen, but hey, if Haynesworth likes it and he can afford it, then I hope he has many years of enjoyment, just don't kill anyone with it.

Don't get mad at this guy for racking up the money, get mad at the fools who give their money away - AND I don't mean Snyder, he is racking more money than haynesworth, I mean you the fan who buy the merchandise and the tickets for this garbage.

Posted by: hock1 | April 2, 2010 12:41 PM | Report abuse

The Greaseman approves of this Bog posting.

Posted by: GFisher1 | April 2, 2010 12:42 PM | Report abuse

Now if he only put the same passion into hsi conditioning, he would be a "bada$$"

Posted by: rvanags | April 2, 2010 12:45 PM | Report abuse

Albert Toolsworth, tooling up the river in his toolcraft.

Think he has to pause and catch his breath while driving this monstrosity?

Posted by: hithere1 | April 2, 2010 12:52 PM | Report abuse

That is why the Ravens will always own the beltway

Posted by: propheticpimpjuice | April 2, 2010 12:58 PM | Report abuse

holy crap that boat is tacky!

Posted by: killerrob | April 2, 2010 12:59 PM | Report abuse

Stop hating!! The man can do whatever he wants with his money.....

Posted by: BeatDontStop | April 2, 2010 12:59 PM | Report abuse

Haynesworth's conditioning or lack thereof: possibly the most overblown exaggerated story to come out of the 2009 Redskins season.

I love how people will only see what they want to see. They will turn a blind eye to the fact that defensive tackles do not play every snap nor are they supposed to. They will turn a blind eye to the fact that even in what he would probably consider a down year, Haynesworth played as well as any defensive tackle the Skins have had in almost 20 years.

Give the guy a break fellas, he's with us.

Posted by: Barno1 | April 2, 2010 1:00 PM | Report abuse

Darn, I was hoping this was an April Fool's joke and maybe Albert did something smart with his money like help kids in the area or cant afford a place to live---or maybe that is it---Albert is going to have a homeless family live on his boat.

Who am I to suggest. Its Alberts money. Spend away!

Posted by: dmacman88 | April 2, 2010 1:09 PM | Report abuse

all you haters are pathetic. Barno1 is right...this "out of shape...only plays 1 play every 35 defensive series" crap is so overblown it's not even funny.

i love the Skins, but some of this teams' fans are depressingly stupid.

Posted by: SadieV | April 2, 2010 1:11 PM | Report abuse

Says a lot about the guy's priorities ... you'd think he could find something more productive to do with all that money.

Posted by: Rational_Man | April 2, 2010 1:15 PM | Report abuse

^^such as support his young daughter.

Posted by: j762 | April 2, 2010 1:48 PM | Report abuse

On past boats, what kind of awards has Haynesworth gotten? Just curious..

By the way, Steinberg- "badass" is right. lol

Posted by: RedCherokee | April 2, 2010 1:52 PM | Report abuse

What do you care how he spends his money. i bet if I gave some of you 20million I could expect to see some equally tacky crap in your back yard.

Posted by: davefromdc1 | April 2, 2010 2:00 PM | Report abuse

How much does it cost?

Posted by: 4thFloor | April 2, 2010 2:07 PM | Report abuse

I wonder where Fat Albert keeps his oxygen and bacon on board?

Posted by: Randy_Hawkins | April 2, 2010 2:24 PM | Report abuse

It goes 165 for a couple of minutes before it automatically capsizes or swamps itself. Then, just when you're ready to start scattering rose petals on the water, it comes roaring back to life.

4th, I'm guessing this thing is at least a mil.

Posted by: mack1 | April 2, 2010 2:27 PM | Report abuse

this is a HUGE waste of money, and explains why many athletes are BROKE within a few years of retirement.... what a butt-hole.

J.C. that thing costs more than many third-world countries are worth.

Posted by: dah1963 | April 2, 2010 2:34 PM | Report abuse

He needed those bigger fins to push his fatass thru the water quicker...Slimfast Baby

But that is some baller type ish right there, can't hate on that...live it up and enjoy life

Posted by: kahlua87 | April 2, 2010 2:55 PM | Report abuse

Hopefully he doesn't drive this thing recklessly and paralyze a 22-year old kid like he did with his Lambo in TN.

Posted by: HogsHaven | April 2, 2010 3:08 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: dmacman88 | April 2, 2010 1:09 PM | Report abuse

You're an idiot. Seriously.

Posted by: Barno1 | April 2, 2010 3:22 PM | Report abuse

Beyond the Athlete: Albert Haynesworth
Wednesday, March 31, 2010

By Jay Sanzari

When people think of Albert Haynesworth, the first images that come to the average fan’s mind might include the vision of his overwhelming presence on the defensive front of the Tennessee Titans, the unimaginable sight of him stomping down on Andre Gurode for which he was suspended five games, or maybe you think of the mega-contract he signed with the Washington Redskins last year for a whopping 7-years, $100 million.

Regardless of how you see Haynesworth, he is much more than that. He is someone that has a huge part of his heart and soul in charity work and helping other people. He is also someone that has many passions in his life aside from football, which we all know him for. I received a great opportunity to talk with Albert about who he really is and what he strives for in his life. Oh yeah, I also managed to squeeze in a few questions about football.

Just so everyone knows how much of a polar opposite Haynesworth is from his on-the-field persona, I asked him about his foundation and what he is truly striving for in his pursuit of other peoples’ happiness and well-being.

“It took me eight years to come up with the right idea for a foundation. I looked at a lot of players’ foundations, and there’s nothing wrong with it or anything, but a lot of players are focused on I guess one thing that hits home for them; you know it could be disease, foster kids, homeless people, anything and that’s all good and great. But my thing is our slogan, ‘Change the world, one need at a time.’ I want to be able to help orphans, I want to help cure diseases, I want to help the homeless, battered women, young men growing up without a father, trying to lead them in the right direction,” stated Haynesworth.

To be continued

Posted by: Barno1 | April 2, 2010 3:23 PM | Report abuse

Haynesworth continued, “One thing that I’m big on is that you see a lot of foundations, or you see a lot of organizations out here, that ask for money. You know what, save the kids from Haiti, ten bucks a month and you can sponsor a kid; they probably only give the kid a dollar, two dollars, out of all that money. I mean, the things about foundations, you only have to spend ten percent of what you get and so whatever you donate, they donate ten percent of that and keep the rest. One thing is [for my foundation] I’m going to fund the staff and so 100 percent of the money is going to go to whatever cause that we’re working on in that point in time.”

Listening to Haynesworth being so upfront and honest with me about what makes his foundation stand out amongst those of his fellow philanthropists led me to probe deeper into what he wants to achieve. Different causes with their own principal purpose were mentioned in his reply, beginning with the Haynesworth Freeze.

“Well, instead of just giving money, I want to see things get done. As far as schools, there are some schools in D.C. that don’t have air conditioning. All we’re going to do is go in there, raise this money, go buy the air conditioners, fix the school. It’s not going to be a guessing game wondering how much of your money went there; you’re going to see it.”

Christmas in April is another charity event Haynesworth is quite fond of and very proud of.

“You go around, you get stores to donate hardware and you go and fix the peoples’ houses. You get a list and some people have holes in their roof; in their living room or kitchen. It’s crazy. They didn’t have running water, so you’d be able to go in there and actually fix these peoples’ houses and make their houses livable.”

Posted by: Barno1 | April 2, 2010 3:24 PM | Report abuse

In January 2008, before heading to Hawaii for his first career Pro Bowl appearance, Haynesworth held a free meet and greet/autograph session thanking hundreds of fans for their support of the All-Pro defensive tackle. The event raised money for the March of Dimes through optional donations.

With support from his teammates and celebrities from the music and NASCAR industry, Haynesworth has hosted the "Dining for Dimes" celebrity dinner/ auction benefiting the March of Dimes for the past three years. After his upcoming event in November, the culmination will have raised more than $200,000 to help prevent premature childbirths. In addition, Haynesworth continues to spend quality time supporting at-risk youth from the YMCA Community Action Project (Y-Cap) in Middle Tennessee.

Albert is a supporter of several other charities, including the Make-A-Wish Foundation, Keith Bulluck's Believe and Achieve Foundation for foster care children, the Nashville Sports Council, and Soles4Souls, an international charity dedicated to giving shoes to the needy, for which he recently hosted a shoe drive. He also took part in the Titans Caravan this summer and is actively involved in hospital and school visits. Along with his time, Albert donates thousands of dollars of autographed football items to various local and national charities.

Posted by: Barno1 | April 2, 2010 3:26 PM | Report abuse

I might have to upgrade to one of those when I'm ready to trade in my 19' fish and ski.

Posted by: PowerBoater69 | April 2, 2010 4:19 PM | Report abuse

This guy will be dead and/or lost at sea in 10 years or less..

Posted by: kreator6996 | April 2, 2010 6:30 PM | Report abuse

Nothing could make me prouder of my $8 beer purchases.

Posted by: WorstSeat | April 2, 2010 6:58 PM | Report abuse

Do a little research on his driving record in Tennessee. At least the boat will make him less of a threat on the highway.

Posted by: tnulta | April 2, 2010 7:48 PM | Report abuse

"When that thing goes airborne and flips at 155 mph are the Skins instantly free of his contract?"

Posted by: RiggoisDrunk | April 2, 2010 11:51 AM | Report abuse

Exactly what I thinking when I saw this thing.

Posted by: anw821 | April 3, 2010 8:35 AM | Report abuse

I was also wondering what happens if his boat flips at 155? I was also wondering what would happen if his boats runs over a small family? Is the money still guaranteed? Where does somebody drive a boat like this? Are there no speed limits?

This team seems to have several players who are difficult to like. Kind of like the owner.

Can an assemblage of people with so many monstrous egos ever function as a team? Haynesworth may be the X-factor for the Shanahan-Allen regime. Will he be a genuine badass or will he prove to be a bad apple, fools gold? Based on his decision to train away from the team, I'm led to wonder what kind of teammate he will prove to be. What's he going to do if Hazlett schemes him to clog the middle for a few games? Do $100,000,000 badasses clog the middle? Talent isn't everything.

Many of the players thought the Skins had one of the most talented rosters. Look where they finished.

It will be interesting to see how Shanahan tries to motivate Haynesworth. What does he care? He's already got his.

Posted by: dannykurland1 | April 3, 2010 3:56 PM | Report abuse

@dannykurland1

No, with the exception of "No wake zones" which are normally around marinas, swimming areas, etc. there is no speed limit on the water so you could drive this boat as fast as you want pretty much anywhere.

However, if you try to do that on the potomac you will get a nice hole in your hull from hitting one of the many floating logs and/or other debris which would be impossible to avoid at those speeds.

Posted by: capsnumber1 | April 5, 2010 8:20 AM | Report abuse