Another Caps ratings record
More notes as we wait for Game 7....
* The Game 6 broadcast on Comcast SportsNet earned a 5.6 average household rating in D.C., topping Game 7 against the Penguins for the most-watched Caps playoff broadcast in CSN history. Among men ages 25-54, the game scored a 7.1 average rating, 10 percent higher than for the Penguins Game 7. Five of the 10 most-watched Caps playoff games in CSN history have been in this series.
* NPR's All Things Considered did a segment on Eric Belanger's tooth demolition, and Gemma Hooley talked to the Caps' team dentist. Good times here:
"I said, you know, Eric, this is something we can handle; you know, it'll be all right. There were multiple lacerations, lots of teeth were damaged. But I said, we'll get you through it. In fact, we could probably do something to even get you back on the ice right now - which he was happy about."
* Canadiens sensation PK Subban has never been to D.C. before. "Maybe Obama will show up," he said, when asked about Game 7. Hahahahaha.
* Senators defenseman Anton Volchenkov doesn't seem too convinced by the Mike-Green-for-Norris talk.
"Green? He's like a fourth forward when he's out there for Washington," Volchenkov told Puck Daddy's Dmitry Chesnokov. "I don't see him playing that seriously defensively, but offensively he is of a lot of benefit."
* Also, in preparation for Game 7, you should probably watch CSN's Michael Jenkins harrassing Habs fans at Game 5.
Posted by: mja712 | April 27, 2010 6:36 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: Barno1 | April 28, 2010 12:08 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: capsnumber1 | April 28, 2010 8:32 AM | Report abuse
The comments to this entry are closed.