Caps fans go out in style

Sure, the regular season finale at Verizon Center wasn't the last time we'll see Caps fans display their unique sense of hockey style this season, but the final two weeks were filled with Caps fans doing one of the things they do best: dressing oddly. A few highlights, contributed by readers and stolen from @dchesnokov and Mister Irrelevant.

By the way, I showed the above jersey to Brooks Laich on my phone. He wanted to know why Green's number got top billing. I pointed out that the sleeves had 21 on them. He seemed....I don't know if impressed is exactly the right word.

By Dan Steinberg  |  April 12, 2010; 10:18 AM ET
Categories:  Caps
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: McNabb lobbies to play hoops with Obama
Next: Wizards store moves away from "Bullets"

Comments

The Stormtroopers (along with Jawas, Darth Vader, and a random dude in a Jedi outfit) were there promoting upcoming local concerts featuring the music of Star Wars, according to the flier they were handing out.

Posted by: Goat_74 | April 12, 2010 10:37 AM | Report abuse

Hmm the picture of the woman with I LaichGreen jersey still sits on my camera, a good reminder of a jersey foul, and if I ever decided to get a customized jersey I would make sure that I would respect our team members and only sport one of the Capitals, number and all! I got your back Brooksie!

Posted by: nightfall383 | April 12, 2010 1:00 PM | Report abuse

I Laich Green? ÜBER ÜBER FAIL!!!!!!

Posted by: HawksPride | April 12, 2010 3:24 PM | Report abuse

Anyone who wants to spend the money can put anything they want on a jersey. You may want to laugh, cry, or slap your forehead, but it's their money and their choice. What's a "Fail" is people always whining "Fail."

Posted by: capsfan77 | April 12, 2010 3:57 PM | Report abuse

I agree with capsfan77. This whole jersey pass/fail thing is taking on the nerdy air of correcting people who mix up plot elements of 40 year old episodes of Star Trek or something. Relax, everyone, try to have some fun.

Posted by: TheLeaver | April 12, 2010 4:23 PM | Report abuse

"The Force is strong with this team."

And ditto what capsfan77 says.

Posted by: Grooven | April 12, 2010 4:24 PM | Report abuse

There's a Sasha joke in here somewhere...

Posted by: jhorstma | April 12, 2010 5:10 PM | Report abuse

It's great to see funny/interesting jerseys and shirts, even if I think they're stupid. It shows that people love the team and are having a good time.

Btw, the "MRSBRADLEY #10" jersey is in fact his wife...so that's not like a stalker or anything he should be worried about.

Can't wait to see what crazy antics the playoffs bring! Is it Thursday yet?

Posted by: Section104 | April 12, 2010 5:31 PM | Report abuse

I actually thought the correct formulation for women is "I Laich Semin." But I'm far more worried about whether people are going to the Festival, and my own ancient concern that I look an awful lot like Andrew Jackson.

Posted by: Landru | April 13, 2010 7:12 AM | Report abuse

I guess the I Laich Green chick had her I Laich Beagle Semin jersey in the wash.

Posted by: Randy_Hawkins | April 13, 2010 12:29 PM | Report abuse