Eric Belanger removes his tooth

After Eric Belanger took a stick to the mouth on Friday night, he headed to the bench, received some treatment, then reached into his mouth and removed a tooth. That video is above. If you don't like things that are bloody and awesome, you might not want to watch.

The video comes via RMNB, which points out that Belanger proceeded to take the next faceoff.

And next time you accuse the Caps of being soft, please do remember this video. NHL softness is a relative concept.

By Dan Steinberg  |  April 24, 2010; 8:11 AM ET
Categories:  Caps
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Boudreau's reaction to the too-many-men call
Next: Teammates react to Jason Campbell trade

Comments

Ouch, I guess now he'll have the Scott Walker look. :)

I still can't believe they didn't call a penalty on that. Given how the PP is doing, it might not have mattered, it's just the principle of the thing...

Posted by: blackjack65 | April 24, 2010 8:46 AM | Report abuse

@blackjack65

I agree. Why was no penalty called?

Posted by: CapsFan75 | April 24, 2010 9:35 AM | Report abuse

The refs just didn't see it. The announcers didn't see it until the replay.

Posted by: JohninMpls | April 24, 2010 11:40 AM | Report abuse

The arena certainly saw it. We were screaming. I would imagine Eric B had a few choice words to. Yeowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

Posted by: EricS2 | April 24, 2010 11:49 AM | Report abuse

tarik said he lost 8 teeth from that high stick

Posted by: MondoTE11 | April 24, 2010 12:41 PM | Report abuse

The Caps are SOFT. If they weren't SOFT, someone would have ripped the guy who sticked Belanger to threads. They did nothing. Ironic that Brashear was in the crowd last night. He must be having a silent laugh to himself.

Posted by: poguesmahone | April 24, 2010 1:12 PM | Report abuse

I've had to do that before. I'm sure adrenaline working as a natural anesthetic for ErBel.

Posted by: MyPostIDisAfake | April 24, 2010 1:17 PM | Report abuse

I've had to do that before. I'm sure the in-game adrenaline worked as a natural anesthetic for ErBel.

Posted by: MyPostIDisAfake | April 24, 2010 1:18 PM | Report abuse

Can you imagine if this happened to a baseball player? he'd be out for the year.

Posted by: caps1974 | April 24, 2010 8:25 PM | Report abuse

It wasn't called because it was a follow through of Bergeron's shot. Still should of been a penalty though, or someone should of gone after Bergeron. No need to follow through a clearing shot up 7' in the air.

Posted by: breaklance | April 26, 2010 12:10 AM | Report abuse