Josh Willingham's elvis-haired interview
Catching you up on what you might have missed over the weekend....
* The Nats' season is young, but it'll be hard to top Josh Willingham's post-game interview Friday night. He's wearing the silver elvis-hair wig, which is really more of a sculpture than a wig. He's answering questions with a straight face. And he's continually shushing the little voice out of the frame, who's saying "iwannagodaddy iwannagodaddy iwannagodaddy." It's 93 seconds of pure success, and how often can you say that about
MASN the Nats life. Thanks to Kyle Sheldon for the video.
* Antawn Jamison is selling his massive
25,876-square-foot Bethesda manse for somewhat north of $4 million, as DCist and others noted. The closet is likely bigger than your dreams.
* As virtually everyone sort of knew but didn't really write, the Capstronaut is Geoff Dawson, a local bar owner, whose properties include the Rocket Bar. To his credit, Dawson immediately played down any association with the Rocket Bar -- which helped me get in touch with the Capstronaut when I first wrote about him. He did not want it to seem like he was using the gimmick to in any way promote his personal business. But the Daily Caller finally broke the news.
* Seriously, Versus could screw up a test pattern, yes? As if you needed another reason to dislike the Canadiens. (Via On Frozen Blog)
* The best quote of the playoffs has already been uttered by Mike Knuble, who said this about Ovechkin before Game 2:
He doesn't have to go home and do soul searching or sacrifice a goat. He's going to come back. He's one of the best players in the world. Those guys show up and play hard.
* Synergy Part I: Nats SuperFan Hugh, aka the Rubber Chicken Man, wore his autographed Swedish Backstrom jersey to the Nats game on Sunday. Prominent seats, too. Bonus points if you can find Ben Bernanke.
* Synergy Part II: Cheryl Nichols reports that when Matt Capps was going for the save Friday night, Nats fans chanted "Let's Go Caps!"
* Synergy Part III: Trevor Hoffman, Jim Edmonds and who knows how many other Brewers stopped by the Verizon Center on Saturday night. I'm going to assume they were rooting for the home side.
* Miss Virginia, Samantha Casey, is a huge Caps fan. Granted, she's only been a huge Caps fan about a month, but that's pretty good by bandwagon standards. She also posed with the Presidents' Trophy, and told RMNB that she thinks Donald Trump should give those to the Miss USA winner instead of a crown.
* As Wonkette pointed out, the Nationals had a fairly strange image on their tickets over the weekend.
* If you watched the Spurs-Mavericks playoff game on Sunday night, you'd have noticed more members of the 2008 Wizards playoff team (Mason, Butler, Haywood, Stevenson) than are currently on the Wizards (Arenas, Blatche, Young).
* Clinton Portis wore literally the longest pants I've ever seen in my life to his press conference on Sunday. You can't completely tell here, but there was fabric billowing underneath his feet as he walked past us. He could have been at least eight inches taller and the pants still would have been too long. I'm going to find a way to spin that into new beginnings/fresh attitudes/increased hope. (Stolen from Skins Blog's gallery.)
* How this didn't win CSN's Text of the Game Saturday evening, I'll never understand.
April 19, 2010; 8:19 AM ET
Categories: Caps , Nats , Redskins , Wizards
Save & Share: Previous: Jaroslav Halak's shaking arm: the video
Next: Casserly thinks Jason Campbell could be released
Posted by: natsfan1a1 | April 19, 2010 10:07 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: natsfan1a1 | April 19, 2010 10:08 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: natsfan1a1 | April 19, 2010 10:09 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: DanSteinberg1 | April 19, 2010 10:17 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: JohninMpls | April 19, 2010 10:42 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: dmacman88 | April 19, 2010 10:57 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: dmacman88 | April 19, 2010 11:03 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: dmacman88 | April 19, 2010 11:10 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: natsfan1a1 | April 19, 2010 1:44 PM | Report abuse
The comments to this entry are closed.