Montreal fans welcome Caps for Game 6

Not booing the U.S. anthem before Game 6? That was a good thing.

Putting out an Ovechkin jersey, like so? Well, it's less welcoming, anyhow.

"Please wipe off your shoes before entering," is the message. Not sure how the cigarette butts fit into that.

(Via @dhellie)

By Dan Steinberg  |  April 26, 2010; 7:49 PM ET
Categories:  Caps
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Chris Cooley on the Redskins' changes
Next: Bruce Boudreau looking for answers

Comments

So you and the Caps are now the etiquette police of the NHL? Can't disrespect the other team or its star players? How ironic, as I remember so clearly the incredible amount of press you gave to all the anti-Crosby bashing and disrespect that has gone on the last 2 seasons at the VC. OK to urinate on a picture of Sid but not to stomp on an OV shirt? It's different when the shoe is on the other foot, huh?

Posted by: vahockeyfan | April 27, 2010 10:39 AM | Report abuse

Haha. I said it was "less welcoming," which I believe is an accurate description.

I didn't say it was bad, wrong, evil, or malicious. I think it's funny, and just as perfectly fine as urinating on pictures of Sidney Crosby. I give it seven enthusiastic thumbs-up.

Posted by: DanSteinberg1 | April 27, 2010 10:43 AM | Report abuse

haha Dan, you don't owe him anything, calm down. No need to defend yourself buddy.

Posted by: MarylanDChris | April 27, 2010 10:55 AM | Report abuse

Sigh. . .certainly no worse than the Briere pictures that some clever folks put in the urinals when the Flyers visit Verizon Center. . .

Posted by: ghenschel | April 27, 2010 10:59 AM | Report abuse

The way the prices of the Reebok jerseys have gone up, that's a lot of money getting wasted. I hope it was a knock-off.

Posted by: HawksPride | April 27, 2010 1:07 PM | Report abuse

Hmmm, show that to Ov, please.
I want to see some sick reckless carnage.

Posted by: Michael01a | April 27, 2010 1:24 PM | Report abuse

I also really hope Ovie sees that. It's not like he should need any motivation, but this is a new form.

Posted by: makplan20002 | April 27, 2010 1:36 PM | Report abuse

Dan....I don't have any problem with it either...or what the Caps fans do with Crosby (actually, it seems to motivate him more than anything), I just don't like that the behavior is glorified in the press. And I just had heard that the Caps management was offended by that display last night in Montreal and couldn't believe that they would have the gall to make a stink out of that when this kind of stuff goes on all the time with Caps fans. I'll give it the 2 thumbs up, but apparently I don't have as many as you do to put up.

Posted by: vahockeyfan | April 27, 2010 2:26 PM | Report abuse