T.O. thinks the Redskins need a receiver

Not wishing to give noted NFL personnel guru Vinny Cerrato all the space up in here, let me briefly turn the floor over to Terrell Owens, who believes that the Redskins have the nucleus of guys to make a Super Bowl push but need a receiver. These quotes are from the Stephen A. Smith show. Yes, I've now quoted radio interviews from Cowherd, Mike and Mike and Stephen A. Smith in the span of four hours.

"I'll say this and go on record and say it, if that is the case for me to go to Washington and for Donovan McNabb and we were to reunite, there would be some unfinished business," Owens said, via Sports Radio Interviews. "Unfinished business in terms of getting to the Super Bowl and winning it....

"I think if you look at the way the Washington Redskin(s) played in some of the games toward the end of the season, they started to kind of jell together, have that chemistry, they started to play together and they played in a lot of close games. For some reason they didn't win those games. I don't know detail for detail, but they have the nucleus of guys to make that push.

"Obviously, they made a quarterback change. I'm looking at their receiving corps and I feel like they need a receiver. So I'm sure they are going to go through the draft and assess the situation and make some moves after that. I wouldn't be opposed to going to Washington and playing with Donovan. Donovan and I have made amends....I think we both have learned a lot of things over the year about each other and feel that probably if we were mature as we are now, things would have been different back then. I think we both would have done some things different, that's not the case. It is what it is at this point, but Donovan and I, we're cool."

By Dan Steinberg  |  April 22, 2010; 2:03 PM ET
Categories:  Media , Redskins
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Cerrato takes a dig at Jason Campbell
Next: Trent Williams was Redskins' best fit

Comments

It'd be interesting to see, that's for sure. Talk about the over-the-hill gang, now if we could just get Bruce Smith to get back in the lineup we'd be peachy.

Posted by: Corvis777 | April 22, 2010 2:12 PM | Report abuse

Yes, the team needs a RECEIVER, not an over-the-hill, chronic malcontent with a case of the dropsies.

Posted by: rbpalmer | April 22, 2010 2:30 PM | Report abuse

having a case of the dropsies ------- perfectly said

Posted by: goose33 | April 22, 2010 2:33 PM | Report abuse

C'mon man! This guy would just come in and create a bunch of drama. He just wants to be relevant again and get some attention. The receiver corps is not a weakness.

Posted by: jimwest20 | April 22, 2010 2:55 PM | Report abuse

If Devin Thomas plays the way he was playing late in the year, if Fred Davis plays like he was playing at the end of the year, and if Chris Cooley and Santana Moss play like..well if they play like Cooley and Moss, then we don't need any more pass catchers. Hell even Malcom Kelly had some big catches the stretch.

Oh and Marko Mitchell too.

Posted by: Barno1 | April 22, 2010 3:11 PM | Report abuse

is it gel together or jell together?

Posted by: beaupre33 | April 22, 2010 3:34 PM | Report abuse

i dont understand why everyone's so against picking up TO. he's still one of the best receivers in the game. who cares about the antics. shanny could handle him, and mcnabb already (sorta) knows how to

Posted by: parkerbros | April 22, 2010 3:36 PM | Report abuse

i think TO started this... "McNabb wants me in DC" rumor

Posted by: destewar | April 22, 2010 3:37 PM | Report abuse

I'm dead set against it... but damn, it sure would be interesting...

Posted by: Scoonie97 | April 22, 2010 3:43 PM | Report abuse

is it gel together or jell together?

Posted by: beaupre33
-------------------------------------
Maybe T.O. bought some Dr. Sholl's Gel insoles..

Posted by: BT23 | April 22, 2010 3:46 PM | Report abuse

While I agree with T.O. that the Skins could use a big-play receiver, I don't think he's the answer. Although he is a talented receiver, my problem with this guy is his selfish attitude. Like Ochocinco of the Bengals, I know a lot his antics and grandstanding is for self-promotion, inspired by the Muhammad Ali school of sports marketing, but this is a team sport. Regardless of how talented a player may be, this type of individual showboating and braggadocio is detrimental to team morale. I think the Skins should look elsewhere for receiver.

Posted by: lwilliamson1 | April 22, 2010 3:52 PM | Report abuse

is it gel together or jell together?

Posted by: beaupre33
-------------------------------------
Maybe T.O. bought some Dr. Sholl's Gel insoles..

Posted by: BT23 | April 22, 2010 3:46 PM | Report abuse

He's gellin like Magellan

Posted by: Bigfoot_has_a_posse | April 22, 2010 4:05 PM | Report abuse

Dear Bruce Allen and Mike Shannahan,

You liked to sign veteran players (a la Bucs) and you liked to take on risky players (ala Maurice Clarett) in your previous jobs. Please sing TO. Portis, Haynesworth, TO on the same team would make a killer reality TV.

Thank you.

Posted by: vmrg1974 | April 22, 2010 4:06 PM | Report abuse

Dear Bruce Allen and Mike Shannahan,

Thank you.

Posted by: vmrg1974 | April 22, 2010 4:06 PM | Report abuse

TO.... you are 5 years to late to come to DC

Posted by: tommycat | April 22, 2010 4:34 PM | Report abuse

If McNabb wants him here, I want him here.

Posted by: PowerBoater69 | April 22, 2010 4:55 PM | Report abuse

"Unemployed Receiver Thinks Redskins Should Employ Receiver"

There, I fixed your headline.

Posted by: EdTheRed | April 22, 2010 5:06 PM | Report abuse

Please, please, no. Anything but T.O. We don't want you all you bring is DRAMA!

Posted by: miszxamanda19 | April 22, 2010 10:31 PM | Report abuse

Wasn't 81 the guy that started all the locker room drama against McNabb a few years ago? Don't the Skins have three young receivers that were starting to come on towards the end of the year?

Does anyone (except maybe Cerrato) want TO mentoring a team full of talented young receivers?

Good god, keep him out of the maroon and black.

Posted by: ncromcr | April 22, 2010 11:30 PM | Report abuse

Once a jackass, always a jackass... this jerk needs to retire.

Posted by: netdesigns | April 23, 2010 1:00 AM | Report abuse

What a cruel and ugly thought to suggest...

Talk about hampering the chemistry, he'd be a double dose of saltpeter.

Posted by: Chris_VA | April 23, 2010 2:00 AM | Report abuse

Anyone who doesn't want this to happen is just crazy.

Even at 38, TO would instantly be #1 on our reciever depth chart. This is exactly what we've wanted out of the two second round reciever from 08 that hasn't panned out so far. Yes he's a diva crybaby, but he's still third in all time touchdowns and recieving yards. Hire him for one year and see what happens. By all accounts, he's on his best behavior during year one.

Posted by: jbanks979 | April 23, 2010 11:02 AM | Report abuse

If the coaching staff and McNabb are for it, then sign him to a one-year K. At this point in his life (38), TO is as mature as he's ever been. He be working with a veteran QB who has a cool head, and they have some history, which, though marred, somehow makes me feel that it would work better the second time around. I'm sure he would add some potency to the passing attack, enough to mean maybe two or three additional Ws.

Posted by: 7snider7 | April 23, 2010 2:42 PM | Report abuse