Bryce Harper jersey at Nats Park

We've been seeing Stephen Strasburg jerseys at Nats Park for about a year now, even before the Nats actually drafted the kid. And now, it's apparently happening again with wunderkind catcher Bryce Harper, the guy who figures to catch Strasburg's first playoff pitch. (And I don't think that's even a joke at this point.)

The wondrous Miss Chatter snapped this fellow on Wednesday night, and I don't think I had previously realized that Harper wears No. 34. Maybe that's why they had to get rid of Elijah Dukes.

In other weird jersey news, nice to see D.C. United fans moving into the odd personalized jersey corner of the universe. Reader Juan-John sent along this shot from Wednesday night, and it pretty much matches the worst that Caps fans have to offer.

And then there's Adam Dunn's beauty pageant wave from Wednesday night, also via Miss Chatter. Not sure how it fits in with these other images, except it's weird.

By Dan Steinberg  |  May 6, 2010; 11:30 AM ET
Categories:  D.C. United , Media , Nats
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Portis criticizes LaVar over Sean Taylor funeral
Next: Ryan Zimmerman's Geico commercials

Comments

I saw the "Bride" at the rear of section 136, I think. Odds that the jersey ever gets worn again: 200,000 to 1.

Posted by: DCU_Rick | May 6, 2010 11:43 AM | Report abuse

I thought Adam Dunn's wave yesterday was hilarious. It was so random coming from him.

Posted by: amorris525 | May 6, 2010 12:45 PM | Report abuse

The DCU couple are season ticket holders in 134 and happen to be active members of the Screaming Eagles. Great folks and hard-core fans =)

Posted by: fsfitz | May 6, 2010 1:06 PM | Report abuse

That's actually a tshirt, not a jersey.

I wish the Nats would offer more variety in the custom tshirts, though. I have a few ideas, but I don't need a bunch of red Nats tshirts. I'd probably get one if it was blue. Other teams, naturally, have more than one design for custom shirts. Not the Nats.

Posted by: cassander | May 6, 2010 1:24 PM | Report abuse

I thought it was more of a Queen Elizabeth wave, but either way, I thought it was funny, too. :-)

Posted by: natsfan1a1 | May 6, 2010 1:38 PM | Report abuse

The Donkey wave was the funniest thing I've ever seen from a Nationals player yet.... LOL!

Posted by: PublicEnemy1 | May 6, 2010 3:13 PM | Report abuse