Donovan McNabb's Philly house is for sale

When Donovan McNabb met with the media on Saturday, he was asked if he had already moved to the D.C. area.

"I'm still living in Philadelphia," he deadpanned, via Tracee Hamilton. "No, I'm just kidding. I'm here. I'm here. I think in order for me to get accustomed with everything [the best thing] is for me to be here. I'm living here and enjoying it. Would you like to buy me a house?"

Well, looks like he could use the help. Philly.com reports that McNabb's Philly (Ok, Moorestown) mansion is up for sale, but at only $2.5 million, he could be struggling to find a similar manse in D.C. Four bedrooms, four baths, more than 4,500 square feet, but the site also reports that Terrell Owens has been trying to sell his Philly house for more than four years.

McNabb's house has all the amenities you'd expect a star NFL QB to enjoy: a pond, several bridges, a pool house, a full bar and a white baby grand. The Sporting Blog has more of the photos, and the listing has even more. I'm concerned about the real estate downgrade he might be in for. Someone help him out.

In other Redskins news:

* Jim Haslett does lunch with Lindsay Czarniak and tells her that when he was coaching in New Orleans, his Western Pa.-parents went to a Saints-Steelers game decked out in black and gold and carrying Steelers flags. He made them change. He also said this:

I think the cornerstone of the team on defense is Brian Orakpo. He had 11 sacks last year, rushed 200 some times. In this defense, we'll rush 600-700 times.

* Mister Irrelevant presents five reasons that Westbrook to D.C. would be just fine.

* I received a non-joking e-mail that sums up The Cult of Colt in three sentences:

I watched him play in Hawaii. If he is given a chance to develop and can stay healthy, he could be the Brent Favre. Brent was a back up too at one time.

Yes. Yes he was.

* And Trent Dilfer said Mike Holmgren told him he would have gone to eight or nine Pro Bowls if he had been coached by Jim Zorn his whole career.

By Dan Steinberg  |  May 12, 2010; 8:52 AM ET
Categories:  Redskins
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Justin Medlock and being a black kicker
Next: Nats ratings on MASN soaring

Comments

I can top the McNabb house for sale story. LaRon Landry detailed his car over the weekend!

Posted by: randysbailin | May 12, 2010 9:27 AM | Report abuse

Every single sentence in here is too crazy to even process (except the one about rushing 600-700 times, which is AWESOME)

Posted by: JohnnyBlades | May 12, 2010 9:29 AM | Report abuse

Former Israeli PM from the late 60s Golda Meir had a famous quote: We will only have peace when the Arabs love their children as much as they hate the Jews.

The JIm Haslett interview reminded me of this. There is something deeply disturbing about Haslett's parents rooting for the Steelers over the team their son coaches. Wtf?

Posted by: Barno1 | May 12, 2010 11:08 AM | Report abuse

Barno that was intense

Posted by: jpfterps | May 12, 2010 12:47 PM | Report abuse

A pool and a pond. Pond will be good for you.

Posted by: TheDubb | May 12, 2010 1:18 PM | Report abuse

Brent Favre? Apparently spell checker is the only proofreading done on this article.

Posted by: withoutanet | May 12, 2010 1:44 PM | Report abuse

Uh, @withoutanet, that's sort of what made the gushing email about Colt funny. Get it? It was, like, an irrational email sent by an irrational Colt fan?

Posted by: DanSteinberg1 | May 12, 2010 1:48 PM | Report abuse

withoutanet, spend some time on Deadspin or pay attention to Stein and you'll come up to speed.

Posted by: TheDubb | May 12, 2010 2:22 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Section104 | May 12, 2010 2:34 PM | Report abuse

"And Trent Dilfer said Mike Holmgren told him he would have gone to eight or nine Pro Bowls if he had been coached by Jim Zorn his whole career. "

Why? Zorn would've paid for his tickets?

Posted by: grimesman | May 12, 2010 3:03 PM | Report abuse

Why is this at all newsworthy? McNabb has suffered the slings and arrows of Eagles fans for 11 years, and will now finish his career in Washington. Did anyone seriously expect him to keep it?

Furthermore, if I were McNabb, when he goes into the HOF, I'd do it as a Redskin.

Posted by: franthefan | May 12, 2010 4:28 PM | Report abuse

@Section104 it will always be debated whether Tim Brady or Brent Favre is the better quarterback. The reality is that neither can hold a kindle to Patrick Manning.

Posted by: dalison | May 12, 2010 5:34 PM | Report abuse

"Brent Favre is awesome. He's definitely one of the bests, but I still think when it's all said and done, Tim Brady will be regarded as the better quarterback."

Personally, I think John Montana is the best ever! :)

- Ray

Posted by: rmcazz | May 12, 2010 6:02 PM | Report abuse

Patrick Manning is still no John Montana, I don't care what you say.

Posted by: M__N | May 13, 2010 10:08 AM | Report abuse