ESPN confuses Lenny and Willie Harris

Well, this sort of speaks for itself. In a moment of heavenly payback, Willie Harris got to play the hero on Thursday night with a walk-off bases-loaded single in the bottom of the ninth against his former team.

He was rewarded with this graphic on ESPNews, featuring the smiling mug of former Nats hitting coach Lenny Harris. At least this appears to be Adam Dunn and not Ronnie Dunn.

(Thanks to Reader Matt for the image.)

By Dan Steinberg  |  May 6, 2010; 11:51 PM ET
Categories:  Media , Nats
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Scott Olsen on his near no-hitter
Next: Bruce Boudreau's rooting against Pittsburgh

Comments

Ha! I looked at the graphic before I read the caption. And I thought to myself, that's not lil Willie. Poor guy can't get any respect and comes through in the clutch for us

Posted by: epostell | May 7, 2010 11:04 AM | Report abuse

This is why I watch MLB Network instead of ESPNews.

Posted by: frenchyb | May 7, 2010 11:27 AM | Report abuse

Baseball Tonight on ESPN had it right! I think when Sarah Walsh joins ESPN News she will make sure the Nationals are reported on properly and all Washington sports!

Posted by: dmacman88 | May 7, 2010 11:52 AM | Report abuse

Why does FAIL seem to follow the Nationals like a bad stench?

Posted by: elpando | May 7, 2010 12:53 PM | Report abuse

At least it's a black guy

Posted by: gibbsna | May 7, 2010 1:45 PM | Report abuse

Didn't know Sarah Walsh was on ESPN News. That is news! Channel 9 will never be the same again.

Posted by: PENSguy17 | May 7, 2010 3:11 PM | Report abuse

MLB Network > ESPN.

Funny thing is, Ray Knight referred to Willie as "Lenny" a couple of times on the pregame show tonight. I think Byron Kerr was trying not to laugh. :-)

Posted by: natsfan1a1 | May 7, 2010 10:25 PM | Report abuse