Gilbert Arenas at the Harris Teeter

Hey look. It's Gilbert Arenas, shopping at Harris Teeter. Everyone loves Harris Teeter. Even my daughter loves Harris Teeter. They have those mini shopping carts for kids. She can't get enough of those. Plus the free sugar cookies in front.

"Gilbert Arenas was juz here in the store buying some stamps b4 he went baq to da halfway house," someone wrote on Twitter, before posting this photo.

Thanks to Andrew for the heads-up. And yeah, I'm having a tough time adjusting to the end of the winter sports season.

By Dan Steinberg  |  May 5, 2010; 12:31 PM ET
Categories:  Wizards
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Senate catering service spells Bobby Cox's name wrong
Next: Another gallery of National Elvises

Comments

This depresses me so much. I wish Caps training camp would hurry up and get here. Sigh...

Posted by: MarylanDChris | May 5, 2010 1:15 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: MarylanDChris | May 5, 2010 1:15 PM

So they can be closer to gagging in the playoffs again?

I think that pic is pretty cool, at least Gilbert is being nice to a fan while doing his halfway house time.

Posted by: Kev29 | May 5, 2010 1:31 PM | Report abuse

Kev29-hope she didn't take her shoes off

Posted by: Hattrik | May 5, 2010 2:26 PM | Report abuse

"Which aisle has the bullets?"

Posted by: nojunk4me | May 5, 2010 11:19 PM | Report abuse

That's my Gilbert! No matter what the situation, he ALWAYS has time for the fans. I love him for it. How many pictures and autographs do yousee Lebron or Kobe giving without the press around? For all the haters get over it and let the man pay his pennance. I am certain Gilbert will be more the better for it. Plus, this is his last week. Can't wait to read his first interview.

Posted by: ivyleague | May 6, 2010 7:34 AM | Report abuse

who ever post this picture of my son in Gilbert i need to get paid for this lol

Posted by: deshoncunningham1 | May 6, 2010 10:05 AM | Report abuse

yes Gilbert have time for the fans That's nice to nice Chris Bosh was in Harris Teeter but he didn't have time to stop and take a picture or to sign a autograph. Cant wait to see Gilbert Arenas come back. Much Love

Posted by: deshoncunningham1 | May 6, 2010 10:17 AM | Report abuse

I am grandma that,s what everyone calls me.I worked with Gilbert Arenas at the verzion center,he is a great guy.grant you he likes to play around,he should not have bring guns in the center.He is paying for it now.So now he needs to get his self together and come back and play basketball.I love Gil I know he is going to be a great player one day.And if he stays out of trouble he will be on his way.Love you Gil and tell your father I said hi.

Posted by: curtisherr65 | May 10, 2010 3:13 PM | Report abuse