Ovechkin on Meet the Press, and other images

The benefits of having the Sunday morning news shows taped in Washington may be few and far between for D.C. sports fans, but here's one of them: David Gregory will become a massive Caps fan, to the point that a little Todd McFarlane Ovechkin figurine will appear on the new Meet the Press set, right next to the Russian books section.

Thanks to Reader Reuven for the images. And now, for more images from the past week:

I saw this guy at Game 7. It made me think that maybe the Caps deserved to lose. I'm sure it's not the only one, and I know it happens in other sports and with other teams, but by golly, I'm going to have to officially disapprove.

This is a Post Fail of the first order. If the Nats made a mistake like this, you better believe I'd be blasting it all over creation. And yet here I am downplaying it within my own blog. That's just not fair. Thanks to Reader Ryan for noticing. My subscription seems to have run out. (Also, if I made a mistake like this, I'd quickly change it and pray no one noticed. Pointing out stuff like this is a pretty low-rent move, but I just feel like fairness demands it after all the stuff I've posted about the Nats.)

What the heck, I'll also bury this cover of a Nats game program that probably demands a do-over. Sure, no one expected this start from Marquis, exactly, but as Gheorghe: The Blog noted, this wasn't exactly the Opening Day program.

Meantime, perhaps Bed Bath & Beyond should update its logo collection. Or maybe NBC is now running Bed Bath & Beyond. Photo by Cheryl Nichols.

JaVale McGee has a new tattoo on his back. He posted the photo on his Twitter feed. He costs $1,999,999.99, I'm guessing. Via Bullets Forever.

This Nats fan in Miami seemed to have a good time at the Marlins game. "Nationals fan enjoying himself on the road here on a Friday night," Bob Carpenter observed, via Nationals Enquirer.

By Dan Steinberg  |  May 3, 2010; 1:52 PM ET
Categories:  Caps , Nats , Redskins
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Marko Mitchell: "Everything is business"
Next: Sellers says Redskins are (almost) a team

Comments

The Earnhardt jersey is like someone in a Riggins 44 Caps jersey, or an Ovechkin 8 race car. Sport-crossing of jerseys ia a major faux pas.

Posted by: bharvey67 | May 3, 2010 2:35 PM | Report abuse

Jason Marquis _is_ a game changer. Nowhere on that cover does it say he changes games in a positive way.

Posted by: Incredulous2 | May 3, 2010 2:39 PM | Report abuse

Total MASN fail covering up the girl with the cooler bag ad. No one wants to see that over a cheerleader in skimpy clothes. You have a better screenshot Steinz?

Posted by: HogsHaven | May 3, 2010 2:52 PM | Report abuse

So where do we order the Todd McFarlane Ovechkin figurine??? :)

Posted by: blackjack65 | May 3, 2010 5:33 PM | Report abuse

Oops, should've looked first, it's over here: http://www.spawn.com/toys/product.aspx?product=4094

Posted by: blackjack65 | May 3, 2010 5:34 PM | Report abuse

He's the guy who said: "You know what would make racing better? Body checks! That certainly won't result in anyone needlessly dying!"

Posted by: dwelkinor | May 3, 2010 8:11 PM | Report abuse

I agree with incredulous2. I was at a nats game and Marquis gave up 10 runs in the first inning. that game was never the same. game changer is a darn fine summation of what he does.

Posted by: jjhare | May 3, 2010 9:52 PM | Report abuse

I've been looking for this video. See 12 seconds in:

During game two, Sidney was getting a bit frustrated by the Habs, so he broke his stick against Halak's net. Now, if we can all remember, on Nov. 30, 2009, Tomas Vokoun received an ear laceration from his teammate Keith Ballard, who took a swipe at the net in frustration with his stick, after Vokoun gave up a goal. This time, however, a player was taking a swipe at the opposing net. Sidney failed to receive an unsportsmanlike penalty despite opening up the possibility of injuring an opponent.

Posted by: MyPostIDisAfake | May 4, 2010 12:05 AM | Report abuse

There you go Caps fans! A #8 figurine on the set of MTP. Thats better than a Stanley Cup, huh? NOT!

Posted by: wburn42167 | May 4, 2010 9:16 AM | Report abuse

@ dwelkinor

"As a North Carolinian Caps fan, I just gotta say that guy in the Earnhardt jersey is absolutely right on. He turned NASCAR into hockey and made driving around in a large circle an execution. "

Shouldn't Earnhardt's hockey number should be 92 since he's so good at going around in circles?

Posted by: chatton | May 5, 2010 12:49 PM | Report abuse

@ dwelkinor

Shouldn't Earnhardt's hockey number be 92 since he's so good at going around in circles?

Posted by: chatton | May 5, 2010 12:52 PM | Report abuse