Wiz win lottery, the video

"I know Mr. Pollin had his finger in this pie someplace," Ted Leonsis said after the Wiz won the lottery. "It's a great thing for the franchise. Having had a first [overall] pick in the NHL, and seeing how that turned out, I think this is a great day for the franchise."

"Fantastic, and I'm so glad I had this ring on," said Irene Pollin, gesturing to her late husband's championship ring. "My husband I think is really here. His spirit is here."

Good times. And the sales people didn't really mess around over at WashingtonWizards.com on Tuesday night, did they?

By Dan Steinberg  |  May 18, 2010; 9:51 PM ET
Categories:  Wizards
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Wizards win draft lottery. Really
Next: Ernie Grunfeld's good-luck charm

Comments

trade that thing

Posted by: JohnnyBlades | May 18, 2010 10:14 PM | Report abuse

When I read Dan's column this AM, I actually thought it was a curse breaker. Sad trip down memory lane of the lottery -- until tonight. This piece and Irene wearing Abe's ring brings John Wall's dance to DC.

Posted by: ehoffman1 | May 18, 2010 10:47 PM | Report abuse

Trade that thing? have you lost it????

We need to get Wall or Turner and continue the rebirth of this franchise.

Posted by: ajb1094 | May 18, 2010 11:32 PM | Report abuse

call me when they become the bullets again

Posted by: parkerbros | May 18, 2010 11:39 PM | Report abuse

The Wizards should definitely pick John Wall with the first pick, he is the best player in the draft.

Check out my blog post on the draft:

Posted by: jon3889 | May 19, 2010 8:10 AM | Report abuse

I'm not going to begrudge them the insta-marketing, Tottenham was trying to sell me season-in-review DVDs pretty much the moment they beat Man City to get to Champions League. (Crass sports marketing is transcontinental)

Posted by: M__N | May 19, 2010 8:50 AM | Report abuse