Arenas chats with Leonsis at Vasquez workout

Gilbert Arenas attended the Wizards' Memorial Day college kid workout, which included Greivis Vasquez. Judging from the Comcast SportsNet video, Gilbert chatted with both Ted Leonsis and his son, Zach. Chris Miller said this was Gilbert's first public appearance since he got out of the halfway house.

Read more from Greivis at Terps Insider.

By Dan Steinberg  |  June 1, 2010; 9:59 AM ET
Categories:  Terps , Wizards
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Jim Bowden on John Wall
Next: The Hogs on the Skins' offensive line

Comments

Haven't the Wizards been burned enough by drafting MD players? Gimme a break.......

Posted by: poguesmahone | June 1, 2010 10:12 AM | Report abuse

Curse of Les Boulez! Who ever the Wizards pick will get hit by a bus, struck by lighting or get arrested with several ewes in his hotel room(sheep provided by Steinberg). There is no chance that who ever this number #1 pick is will ever lead to Wizards to the playoffs or make any real contributions to the team. he will just be another distaer like Kwame.

Posted by: sheepherder | June 1, 2010 10:26 AM | Report abuse

Ted will make Gill his own personal redemption project. I look for a big change in Gilbert for the best.

Posted by: ridgely1 | June 1, 2010 10:53 AM | Report abuse

Sick move by Vasquez at 0:24 !!

Posted by: OG_Barno | June 1, 2010 11:14 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: poguesmahone | June 1, 2010 10:12 AM | Report abuse

Former Terp Steve Blake, the consensus best back up point guard in the NBA, drafted in the 2nd round by the Wiz

Former Terp Juan Dixon, were it not for his 35 point dominating performance in the pivotal Game 5 of the 2005 Playoffs, the Wizards may still be saying they haven't advanced to the second round in 30 years.

Greivis has the desire, determination, work ethic, size, and skills needed to be an NBA player. Many second round picks never make it in the NBA, so hopefully if he is still available, the Wiz will use pick number 35 on GV--a player who, barring injuries, will be in the NBA a long time.

Posted by: Barno1 | June 1, 2010 11:20 AM | Report abuse

Sick move by Vasquez at 0:24 !!

Posted by: OG_Barno | June 1, 2010 11:14 AM | Report abuse

Well if it ain't Poopy_McPoop, the strangest guy on the internet, how's it going little buddy? I see you're still impersonating me after all these years. Unless it's my other cyber-stalker, Booger_McFart.

Posted by: Barno1 | June 1, 2010 11:43 AM | Report abuse

Ted, do yourself, the team and all the fans a favor and put Arenas on a bus out of town. This team is never going anywhere with him on it. I wouldn't want him within 100 miles of wall..

Posted by: slimjim21787 | June 1, 2010 12:09 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: slimjim21787 | June 1, 2010 12:09 PM | Report abuse

First of all, there is no chance we trade him. The owner and the GM have both indicated he will remain with the team. But why would you want to trade the only player in the NBA to average 22+ points and 7 assists per game last year? And in December, his final month before being suspended, averaged 25 pts and nearly 8 assists per game. And that was after missing most of 2 seasons. I can only imagine how well he would have be playing by mid season.

The guy is a 3 time all star, still in his prime, with a bigger chip on his shoulder now than any player in the NBA. He is a rare talent. If we trade him, we will live to regret it.

Posted by: Barno1 | June 1, 2010 12:43 PM | Report abuse

Barno, get a life. You've already posted on this link alone like 3-4 times. Stop constantly trying to suck the c0ck of anything MD-related, and especially anything Dan Snyder related.

And no d0ucher, I'm not OG_Barno or whoever that is. I am flattered you'd think it's me though. Shows you probably think about me much more than I do of you (since it's never). If you notice it says that OG_Barno posted at 11:14 AM, which, if your d0uchey-self is good at math, means it would've been at 8:14 AM for me.

And no way in the world I was up at 8:14 AM. Keep trolling though Barno, maybe one of these days you can leave an exciting life away from the WaPo blogs and not be as much of a Dan Snyder pole-sucker that you are.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | June 1, 2010 1:00 PM | Report abuse

Long live Agent Zero!!!Gil is still one of the sickest players in the NBA. If the Wizards trade Gil he will torch them for 75 points as get back.

Posted by: sirmixx01 | June 1, 2010 1:04 PM | Report abuse

No no say it ain't so Teddy not another Gary re-tred. Let's move on from the Terds please. No talent underachievers. I shudder to think. It was good to see convict kissing some Teddy arse will see if it works.

Posted by: efdelaney | June 1, 2010 1:52 PM | Report abuse

I dont know how we can claim Gil is still in his prime. How many knee surgeries has the dude had? I hope it all works out, but I have a hard time considering the dude "in his prime".

MELO IN 2011

Posted by: jpfterps | June 1, 2010 1:54 PM | Report abuse

Amare Stoudamire had far more serious work done on his knee and he looks pretty good to me. Kobe Bryant is on the back end of his prime and he's almost 32. Gilbert was looking closer and closer like his old self before the gun incident. And he is only 28 and was averaging 25 pts and about 8 assists in the last month before being suspended. Don't know too many guys past their prime who've ever been able to do that...but if you can name any, I'm all ears.

Posted by: Barno1 | June 1, 2010 3:10 PM | Report abuse

Everybody who is anybody knows how Gil motivates himself. He loves naysayers!! He will channel all of his energy into proving his doubters wrong. If I was the other team I wouldn't want to play against the Agent with a bolder on his shoulders..Burn em up Gil!!!

Posted by: sirmixx01 | June 1, 2010 5:22 PM | Report abuse

MELO IN 2011

Posted by: jpfterps | June 1, 2010 1:54 PM | Report abuse

______________________________________

Agree... save some money for Melo next year unless you can hit the lottery this Summer with Lebron which probably would have less than a 10% chance of happening ... Melo has very strong ties to this area & could make more "don't snitch" videos... it'll be great.

Regarding Gilbert... Everybody has short memories... Let me tell you Gil's stats from the last 5 games before his suspension:

1/5 - Philly - 19 pts, 1 reb, 14 assists
1/2 - San Antonio - 23 pts, 3 reb, 8 assists
12/29 - OKC - 24 pts, 7 rebs, 8 assists
12/28 - Memphis - 30 pts, 4 rebs, 5 assists
12/26 - Minnesota - 26 pts, 7 rebs, 9 assists

In all the games but 1 he shot 40% or better from the field & also provided 11 three pointers to go along with 10 steals... The only thing I saw was Gil didn't seem to have that killer competitive instinct late in games that he had prior to the injuries & the team shouldn't have always put the pressure on him to take the shot coming back from injury like he was. Furthermore, Gil was a little turnover prone.

Last year, there were only 20 players in the league that averaged over 20 ppg... The NBA typically has at least 360 players (12 x 30, rosters allow up to 15), so less than 6% of the players in the NBA have the pure scoring ability of Gilbert Arenas...

My point is, there is no addition by subtraction in the NBA... If Gilbert Arenas goes, it will be rare talent lost that can't be replaced by lesser players, picks, etc.. How many men do you have to add to your roster to get what you can from 1 guy?

I just would like to see Gil somehow take a step back & understand that the Wizards are not his team anymore and understand he is not "special" any longer in their eyes... Let Wall come in & lead the team.

Posted by: tony325 | June 1, 2010 5:23 PM | Report abuse

Great post Tony. Only thing I'd add is if you had gone back further than last 5 games, you could include his 45 point, 13 assist in which he shot 60% from the field in a road win. I understand that in some people's minds, lots of guys have those kinds of nights after their prime...but reality says otherwise. Gil is still in his prime and I don't really see how this is even debatable given his age and stats from last year.

Posted by: Barno1 | June 1, 2010 7:00 PM | Report abuse