Best in Strasburg fashion

The single best fan item I saw from Tuesday's game came, not surprisingly, from Comcast SportsNet's Michael Jenkins, the best fan reporter in the world. He caught up with this young Yankees fan whose wrist was tattooed with the Yankees' logo. Kid was wearing a Strasburg t-shirt and a Nats hat.

"I know, I know," the kid told Jenkins. "I'm a Yankees fan, but this is huge, the debut of Strasburg, so I had to be here."

His buddy -- outfitted similarly -- described himself as a "diehard" Yankees fan.

"I will sport Nationals gear for this," the kid said.

Which is how I got that above image. And now, presenting more of the best in Strasmas fashion, with help from Nationals Enquirer, Nationals News Network, Nationals Inquisition, @Kevin_Reiss and @TWebster1229.

By Dan Steinberg  |  June 9, 2010; 4:35 PM ET
Categories:  Nats
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Harry Reid and Mitch McConnell discuss Strasburg
Next: Ovechkin on vacation

Comments

Dan- You could have this story for yourself! I met you briefly last night before the game started (wearing the twoeightnine Strasburg shirt). I too have a Yankees tattoo and am rooting for the Nats. After living here for 10 years I have come to firmly believe that DC fans deserve a winning team. Here's hoping the Nats can help return that winning tradition to DC.

Posted by: Query123 | June 9, 2010 5:38 PM | Report abuse

What does the first sign in the second to last picture say? "Bryce Harper doesn't ______ the Expos"

Posted by: crashinghero | June 9, 2010 5:44 PM | Report abuse

"Bryce Harper doesn't Remember the Expos" with the Montreal M's in remember. Also of note, they were both wearing captain hats to go with their "stras-BURG" dead ahead sign. Actually were fine folks (about 5 rows to my front).

Posted by: JJones-CapitalWeatherGang | June 9, 2010 6:26 PM | Report abuse

Too kind, Steinz. There was also a guy with a Cubs tat on his leg, but he walked off before I could get to him.

Posted by: MichaelJenkins | June 9, 2010 8:09 PM | Report abuse

Oh snap Michael Jenkins crashing the comments section. Please do more song and dance numbers, thank you.

Posted by: JDP_ | June 9, 2010 10:39 PM | Report abuse

I beg to differ.

...ofcourse we didn't even get to go on the megatron once

Posted by: CamdenCrazy | June 9, 2010 11:44 PM | Report abuse

No attribution on my picture Dan? I'm very disappointed...

Posted by: Mustachio | June 10, 2010 1:52 PM | Report abuse

Which was your picture, @mustachio?

Posted by: DanSteinberg1 | June 10, 2010 2:02 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Mustachio | June 10, 2010 2:05 PM | Report abuse

Oh, well someone sent it to me over Twitter, so I credited him. My bad.

Posted by: DanSteinberg1 | June 10, 2010 2:56 PM | Report abuse