FedEx Field's scoreboards and the Redskins band

(Via Hogs Haven)

This is a photo of one of the Redskins' two new mega-jumbo-XXL HD scoreboards. There are more photos at Hogs Haven, including photos of the team's new standing-room areas. I'll have more on those next week.

In the meantime, someone e-mailed me, pointing out that the Redskins Marching Band's old space seems gone, and asking where the band members would sit. I'm told they'll be sitting above the video board on the club level, with new padded seating (bearing the team's logo) that offers extra elbow room for instruments.

So the band will apparently be taken care of. Service journalism at its finest.

By Dan Steinberg  |  June 29, 2010; 1:41 PM ET
Categories:  Redskins
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: John Wall, Gilbert Arenas and the gym
Next: Mike Miller: "My loyalties are to the Wizards"

Comments

I've been anti-Dan Snyder from the getgo, but I have no problem with the marching band getting good seats.

Posted by: FlyersSuck | June 29, 2010 2:15 PM | Report abuse

make no mistake, the band will be out of those seats if, by some stroke of dumb luck, the team was able to sell those seats to paying customers.

Posted by: dcsportsfan1 | June 29, 2010 3:14 PM | Report abuse

well duh

Posted by: FlyersSuck | June 29, 2010 3:32 PM | Report abuse

BTW doesn't it look like some of those club seats are obstructed view behind the scoreboard?

Posted by: dovelevine | June 29, 2010 3:38 PM | Report abuse

How long will it take Danny Boy to sell seats behind the scoreboard as "obstructed view." There's not way the guy actually eliminated seats from his erector-set of a stadium.

Posted by: Russtinator | June 29, 2010 3:44 PM | Report abuse

I believe that band members pay for their seats.

Posted by: TheSecretWeapon | June 29, 2010 4:28 PM | Report abuse

If you can't sell club seats, make lemonade, I guess.

And I can't wait to not see the top half of those jumbotrons from my OV seats. That's going to be a heck of an improvement!

Posted by: WorstSeat | June 29, 2010 6:07 PM | Report abuse