Jammal Brown on Albert Haynesworth

How long has Jammal Brown been on the Redskins? Approximately 12 minutes.

What does that mean for the world? It means it's well past time for Brown to offer some words about Albert Haynesworth.

"I can only speak for myself, but I'll you this: y'all give me a hundred million dollars, man, I'm gonna be at everything," the new right tackle said last week on the LaVar and Dukes Show. "They ain't gonna have to ask me to come to nothing. I'll play whatever position you want me to play. And that's just personally for me, because it shows that the Redskins put a lot into that, and, you know, you can bend a little bit.

"And personally, on my behalf, you give me that type of money, I'm doing whatever you ask me to do, show up at voluntary workouts no matter what. I'm there, you know what I'm saying? And that's just coming from my....I don't know Albert. He has his own situation, I'm sure he's gonna handle it how he handle it. But me personally? Mn, I'll be wherever they ask me to be."

(For the rest of the Brown quotes, see The Redskins Blog, which quotes Brown saying he's "always been a hog."

"If you wanna win the game, it starts up front," he said. "It starts up there with the O-line, the Hogs, being physical and being nasty. And that's what I'm gonna bring to the table, and that's how you win games."

And if you want more quotes, see Homer McFanboy's recent post on Gary Clark, in which the receiver said this:

"When I first came to Washington, they had already won a Super Bowl," Clark continued. "So the swagger and the expectations were already there. We knew we couldn't come in half-stepping or we'd get cut. The players who were already in place let you know that this is what it takes and this is what we're gonna do. The first thing they let us know was that in the NFC East, it was our job to go out there and spank that ass. That's just how it was."

(New goal: 1,000 Haynesworth posts before the season opener. I think I'm gonna have to ramp up my pace. Someone get me Ryan Plackemeier's phone number.)

By Dan Steinberg  |  June 28, 2010; 11:07 AM ET
Categories:  Media , Redskins
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Theismann: Daniel Snyder's legacy starts now
Next: Devin Thomas's Fantasia video

Comments

Keep spanking that ass, Steinz.

Posted by: disgruntledfan | June 28, 2010 11:41 AM | Report abuse

i like when guys like Gary Clark are quoted because that's real sports talk. the incumbent guys did not baby and pamper the guys they kicked the young guys A's to prepare them to kick the Giants/eagles/Cowboys A'sses.

Posted by: oknow1 | June 28, 2010 12:13 PM | Report abuse

A team coached by Jim Zorn wasn't going to be doing the kicking, that was part of the problem.

The reason Clark encountered the attitude of the locker room he did in 1986 was because Joe Gibbs had established the bar for what was acceptable to be a Redskin.

Likewise, Shanahan is very direct and is not pulling any punches in establishing that Country Club Ashburn is now closed.

Poor Haynesworth thought he was going to get paid and then be able to sit and just collect game checks.

Allen and Shanahan actually want him to help win games by reporting in shape and learning the defense.

Imagine that.

Posted by: RoyHobbs4 | June 28, 2010 1:13 PM | Report abuse

ole kick as- clark!now that's a ball player.man,i wish we had players with that mentality now days,instead of a bunch of divas and divettes.hail to the good ole days!

Posted by: billydee123 | June 28, 2010 1:33 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: billydee123 | June 28, 2010 1:33 PM | Report abuse

I remember those old Redskin teams and hated them for the reason Gary Clark stated. They did not rebuild they just reloaded and everyone who came in knew what their role was!!! They were kings of the division since 82 and pretty much remained there with strong opposition from the whole division!!!! The jury is from a far is pretty much decided on the Snyder regime. They have won nothing and looked bad doing so. We will see what happens with real football people in place. FedEX Field might be a better place to watch your Skins, but RFK held a certain nastiness!!!! Something the Skins have not been for awhile!!!

Posted by: hodge346012 | June 28, 2010 1:36 PM | Report abuse

The Fun Bunch. The Smurfs. Tony Peters. 'That little monkey.' They made Southeast a livable environment back in the day. Clintoris, you'd better wake up, son.

Posted by: mlombre69 | June 28, 2010 4:40 PM | Report abuse

Gary Clark is speaking of the days when you could always count on 2 wins in the division against the Phoenix Cardinals. Now the Redskins are the Cardinals of the present day. C'mon Man!! Lets not be the for sure 2 wins in the division! HAIL!!!

Posted by: sirmixx01 | June 28, 2010 5:58 PM | Report abuse