McNabb's SportsCenter interview

Donovan McNabb was interviewed by Adam Schefter on SportsCenter this week, and he continued his incredible streak of giving high-profile interviews without saying anything controversial about either Washington or Philadelphia. Dude is a politically correct machine. At this point, you have to wonder if maybe he actually will never break, and will continue saying nice things about Philly until he expires to a chorus of boos.

I couldn't even think of anything interesting enough from these two-plus minutes to put in the headline. I mean, think of the media, Donovan.

Feel free to watch above, though you won't find any hot quotes. About the best was this, when asked to reflect on what the emotions of this offseason have been like.

"Joy," McNabb said. "And I say that with a smile on my face, because all the drama is over."

He declined to say he'd be more appreciated in D.C. than he was up north, saying "I think a lot of that is kind of overblown" and "I was loved in Philadelphia." And he said he believes he can win a Super Bowl.

"With everything that I've been through, the positions that I've been in, I've hit every other angle," he said. "Now it's time for me to hold that trophy up."

By Dan Steinberg  |  June 30, 2010; 1:11 PM ET
Categories:  Media , Redskins
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Congressional baseball game video
Next: Kornheiser: Gilbert will be "poisonous" for Wall

Comments

I can't take it anymore.. can the season just start already!! I'm so pumped!!

Posted by: imfromdc88 | June 30, 2010 2:05 PM | Report abuse

2nd to post. 1st to say that I think McNabb can help us "hold that trophy up"!

Posted by: delfranklin4 | June 30, 2010 3:30 PM | Report abuse

Yep...sure he will...,
He was so successful at "holding that trophy up" when he was in his prime with better running game,offensive line and receivers.

Surely he'll do better now.

Posted by: petebowling1 | July 5, 2010 1:27 PM | Report abuse

No question that McNabb is a good politician. A bit more visible enthusiasm for his current team would be politically correct as well.

Posted by: redbone1 | July 5, 2010 2:40 PM | Report abuse

Donovan,

After you win the Superbowl for yourself and the Washington Redskins then top it off with a bid for mayor of Washington D.C. (you got my vote playa)!!

Go Skins!

Posted by: ronniecope106 | July 5, 2010 10:01 PM | Report abuse

Donovan,

Go Skins!

Posted by: ronniecope106 | July 5, 2010 10:02 PM | Report abuse

After he wins 2 SBs you mean . . . Go McSuperNabb!

Posted by: Corvis777 | July 6, 2010 10:35 AM | Report abuse