Redskins alumni photos

Almost immediately after I posted my first item about last week's Redskins alumni gathering, people asked me for images of the alumni. I wasn't taking any, but The Post's John McDonnell -- who has to be the world's leading Redskins photographer -- sure was.

McDonnell, I think it's fair to say, knows more about the history of the Redskins than just about any current beat writers covering the team. He was directing me around the mob of players, instructing me whom to talk with. And he was taking photos for much of the morning. I think we'll be posting at gallery at some point, but since I promised, here are a few.

Above, of course, are Bruce Allen and Daniel Snyder with Larry Brown. Below are Doc Walker, Darryl Pounds and George Starke (first image), Jim Snowden, Reggie Branch and Charley Taylor (second image) and Carl Kammerer and Lonnie Sanders (last image).

By Dan Steinberg  |  June 21, 2010; 9:53 AM ET
Categories:  Redskins
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Kasten doesn't like visiting team cheers in D.C.
Next: Gilbert makes "most disliked sports figures" list

Comments

Like.

BTW Snyder looks like less of a jerk with no glasses and no suit.

An image consultant on staff?

Posted by: alex35332 | June 21, 2010 10:22 AM | Report abuse

Haha - I agree totally with alex35332 on that one. Snyder actually looks like a regular neighborhood guy. Who's worth $1 billion. But still - good to see we finally have a franchise. We are realizing almost daily how bad an exec Cerrato was.

Posted by: Section104 | June 21, 2010 11:50 AM | Report abuse

It wouldn't surprise me that he hired an image consultant. Unfortunately, it's 11 years too late. The damage has been done. Bisciotti > Snyder.

Posted by: Randy_Hawkins | June 21, 2010 11:57 AM | Report abuse

I had to do double take to make sure that was Snyder. He looks completely different.

Posted by: p_chuck | June 21, 2010 1:16 PM | Report abuse

Jim Snowden looks well

No invite for Walter Rock? Paul Laaveg? Terry Hermling?

Posted by: buster_c | June 21, 2010 4:13 PM | Report abuse

See, this is the part of Redskins football that should have been around long before now.

Bruce Allen did this and he deserves all of the credit.

- Ray

Posted by: rmcazz | June 21, 2010 5:11 PM | Report abuse

Why can't there be more than four (4) pictures of the Skins alumni? Each week during the season there are more than 4 pictures of that week's game.

Posted by: rillbizi | June 21, 2010 11:11 PM | Report abuse

Darryl Pounds! Man I havent heard that name in years and I'm sure there was a reason. Did he sneak in? Was there a Sam Shade sighting too?

Posted by: BacktoGlory | June 23, 2010 7:46 AM | Report abuse