Trent Williams is Madden's ninth-rated rookie
That headline is actually inaccurate. According to these ratings (PDF) of the top three rounds of rookies, EA Sports has Trent Williams in a six-way tie for ninth among rookie ratings. That's behind Russell Okung, the lineman with whom Williams was often linked, and also behind Dez Bryant, the Cowboys' receiver who went 24th in the draft. Williams was picked fourth. Lame.
(Of course, these were released in late May, and I'm writing about them in June, and it's a video game. Lamer.)
* Someone asks George Allen "to compare soon-to-be unveiled Washington Nationals pitching sensation Stephen Strasburg to the tea party movement." (Politico)
* McNabb is also experimenting with the D.C. club scene. (D.C. Fab)
* Someone took the Curly W off Maryland DOT road signs. (WWN)
* Tank McNamara joins Wilbon by linking the Caps and Cavaliers in flameout ignominy.
* Ryan Zimmerman tells Batting Stance Guy that he goes through the drive-thru at Starbucks.
* Also, last Saturday would have been the 100th birthday of Arlington's George Hartley McQuinn who hit in 34 straight games for the St. Louis Browns as a rookie in 1938. He was a seven-time all-star who spent his offseasons in Arlington, later opened a sporting goods store in Clarendon and was inducted into the Virginia Sports Hall of Fame. The Virginia Room has much more.
Posted by: RickyRage | June 2, 2010 3:56 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: RickyRage | June 2, 2010 3:57 PM | Report abuse
The comments to this entry are closed.