Charles Woodson weighs in on Haynesworth

Charles Woodson is the reigning AP defensive player of the year. He has no particular connections to the Washington Redskins, nor to Albert Haynesworth. But he has an opinion. Begin transmission now.

"I think probably the consensus is nobody can understand how you can get $100 million and not want to come play whatever system it is. I don't care 3-4, 4-3, 52, I don't care. If somebody's paying you $100 million, who in the NFL wouldn't want $100 million? I wouldn't care. I'm not a scheme guy. For me, it doesn't matter what scheme I'm in, I'm coming to play football. If a team says 'Hey, we're gonna pay you $100 million and we're gonna switch to a 3-4, what do you think,' it doesn't matter. I'm coming to play. I don't understand it."

That quote was delivered to the LaVar and Dukes Show, which is the country's leading provider of quotes from current and former NFL players on the Haynesworth Affair. End transmission.

By Dan Steinberg  |  July 7, 2010; 12:55 PM ET
Categories:  Media , Redskins
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Marco Coleman takes his shots at Haynesworth
Next: McNabb still second in NFL jersey sales

Comments

finally first?

aww who cares. . .

Posted by: ryjufox3 | July 7, 2010 1:14 PM | Report abuse

Dan I think it's great your getting everyone's comments on here about Fat Al... But it would be even better if you printed out all of them... And gave them to a player who wouldn't mind sticking them in his locker for if/when he actually shows up...

Posted by: RSGOLF | July 7, 2010 1:30 PM | Report abuse

I for one, am a little irritated by the one-sided commentary on AH. Under the typical American delusion, that big business is always right, people are not getting the full picture. AH had million dollar offers from many teams. He chose the Skins because of ownership's promise to utilize him in a certain way. Now the change to a 3-4 involves more than a system change - it involves a position change. Changing from an upfield tackle in a 4-3 is not like moving from tackle to guard on the o-line. It is a completely different position and one that does not take advantage of AH's skill set and one that, in fact, because of his height, puts him at a disadavantage.

Posted by: Goodbar1 | July 8, 2010 8:27 AM | Report abuse

@ Goodbar1---It's not a promise if it's not on paper in the contract he signed.

Posted by: robtay77 | July 8, 2010 10:26 AM | Report abuse

@Goodbar1

he signed not that long after free agency started so unless quite a few teams broke the rules then no he didn't probably have a ton of offers from many teams

he might have had many teams express interest but didn't he sign with the 'Skins after only a few hours?

Posted by: graywolf323 | July 8, 2010 11:33 AM | Report abuse