Jared Allen on Albert Haynesworth

Not getting to 1,000 Albert Haynesworth posts if a single comment from a Pro Bowl defensive lineman is allowed to pass without notice.

"I tell you what, I'd show up and just drink water for $30 million," Jared Allen told Phoenix's KTAR, via Sports Radio Interviews. "Honestly, I don't know the circumstances so I can't judge anybody. I mean, obviously there are some uncertainties there. I'm sure both sides are a little bit at fault. It's one of those things, I'm a firm believer, you sign a contract, and obviously they are doing their part by paying you. Honor the contract by showing up and play it out.

"Now, who's to say that he wasn't promised to play in a 4-3. I know I might be a little ticked off....He was obviously brought there to be an anchor to that defense, and if they change from a 4-3 to a 3-4 and he's in a position where he can't be successful, I think that's another story. But I think that's something that you talk about with your coaches behind closed doors. I'm a believer that you negotiate the contract, you sign it, [then] show up and play for it."

Of course, there's nothing stopping NFL franchises from bidding adieu to players who have signed contracts with them, but I guess that's part of the sport. And Haynesworth isn't exactly negotiating through the media; he's not negotiating at all, and nary a peep has been heard from his mouth in weeks.

Regardless, I completely agree with Jared Allen's contention that he would show up and drink water for $30 million. I'd gladly do that. Bet Albert Haynesworth would, too.

By Dan Steinberg  |  July 6, 2010; 2:51 PM ET
Categories:  Redskins
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Ovechkin's red carpet pants
Next: Lorenzo Alexander and Kedric Golston ride bikes

Comments

I'm pretty sure there is a clause in Haynesworth's contract that stipulates he would only drink Wendy's Twisted Frosties for $30 Million.

Posted by: dpkennedy | July 6, 2010 3:23 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: dpkenned

Sorry, every comment about AH has been made at this point. There is nothing original you can post.

Posted by: ged0386 | July 6, 2010 4:08 PM | Report abuse

Fact is Daniel Snyder has been screwing us as fans for years. Haynesworth is screwing Danny. Fact is all off season work is BS. He will be here at training camp and if he isn't traded he gets injured I see a ACL or MCL. Haynesworth is going to get ALL his gaurenteed money from that stupid deal Cerrato brokered. Anyone that says differently is drinking kool aid!

Posted by: russellpenmaniii | July 6, 2010 4:16 PM | Report abuse

Water? That won't leave no room for all this gravy...can't dip my hotwings in no daaamn wataa maaan

Posted by: kahlua87 | July 6, 2010 4:22 PM | Report abuse

Haynesworth...Haynesworth... sorry, never heard of him.

Posted by: chopin224 | July 6, 2010 4:32 PM | Report abuse

AH the fat low life slob would have to have a certain kind of water for 30 million!

Posted by: joeboggs | July 6, 2010 4:45 PM | Report abuse

I'm growing weary of this stuff that Haynesworth was promised that he wouldn't have to play in a 3-4. So what? He's hardly the first employee who was promised something by management only to have management change. Fact is, the new management offered him an out: don't take a bonus and they would let him find work elsewhere. Haynesworth took the money, which means he agreed to play in the 3-4. Only after getting the money did he change his tune.

Posted by: TheSecretWeapon | July 6, 2010 5:11 PM | Report abuse

Can't be successful????? If he would've just came into camp he would have seen that the defense would revolve around him! He just got a check, bought a new boat and went on vacation. It's ok. Players have done this before to the redskins so it's not shocking. I think we'll be just fine without him. I just wish we would've switched to a 3-4 about 10 years ago...

Posted by: willfacc10 | July 6, 2010 9:56 PM | Report abuse

You have to remember before SNYDER bought him here he was promised he play in a 4-3.
I know as regular people were told things but we move on.

NOBODY who write on here could take a day of Pro Football training camp!

The guy got 4 sacks while being double team i would be winded too. lol

Yes he was out of shape but that was not the problem.
The Skins Offense was so horrible that they stayed on the field. that would break down any defense.

Let's see what Denver ex coach can do.
The story is will Donavan be able to hold up this year with a shaky line.

Dan I can't believe the post are paying you to write about Haynesworth every week.

That Great Writer Idea went up in smoke. LOL

Posted by: SOLVBACK | July 7, 2010 7:45 AM | Report abuse

It's official. Everyone in the Western Hemisphere has now commented on Albert Haynesworth.

Posted by: randysbailin | July 7, 2010 9:17 AM | Report abuse

Oh puleeeeese Jarad Allen!!!!
What are you thinking when you say Haynesworth is being put in a position where HE can't be successful?!? Isn't it about the TEAMS success. Has ANY team ever won anything when it was full of personal interest first players?
The self-centeredness of these prima donnas have become totally revolting.

Posted by: pd2710 | July 7, 2010 10:16 AM | Report abuse

that's a good subtle point Allen makes about at least being there and drinking water. i think the biggest problem for haynesworth as he doesn't show or give a damn about anyone else. he has no sense of team.

Posted by: oknow1 | July 7, 2010 2:39 PM | Report abuse