Nyjer Morgan's epic postgame interview
Nyjer Morgan/Tony Plush isn't everyone's cup of Gatorade. I get that. He's certainly not particularly reserved or normal, following either wins or losses. But I'm not sure I remember him ever being so Plushtastic as Thursday night during his postgame MASN interview. And following a wretched road trip, a terrible month of June and a tense one-run game that the Nats won in the bottom of the ninth, the frenzy seemed to fit.
Among the Plushisms:
* He called Johnny Holliday "Disco" twice, and Ray Knight "Big Play Ray" once. Apparently these are long-standing nicknames, but they haven't been used much recently.
* He referred to his new mustache as "the playboy 'stache."
* He repeatedly combed his silver Elvis wig, which he wore for the first time.
* He said his solid game, on the eve of his 30th birthday, was because he "had to finish off my '20s real lovely."
* He said his RBI hit came on a pitch "in my honey zone."
* He did some sort of robot dance at least three times.
I'm not sure post-game interviews can get much better than that, absent references to Queensbridge or one's therapist.
Posted by: capsnnats | July 2, 2010 9:01 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: alex35332 | July 2, 2010 9:08 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: tha_prophet | July 2, 2010 10:28 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: PublicEnemy1 | July 2, 2010 11:23 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: dorseylaw | July 2, 2010 11:38 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: tplush | July 2, 2010 2:09 PM | Report abuse
The comments to this entry are closed.