Ovechkin's red carpet pants

The things you do when Wizards summer league practices are still days away, and the football team is heaven knows where, and the hockey stars are across an ocean....

Maybe you read the blog Alex Ovetjkin as anxiously as I do, waiting for yet more wacky pictures of Ovechkin's offseason a continent away. If so, you've possibly already seen this photo of Ovechkin at the BMW Russia grand gala night in Moscow late last month.

According to the site, the event featured "stunning light and sound effects, unforgettable gala buffet and aristocratic elegance." And also these pants, which say nothing so much as "aristocratic elegance."

In truth, I found this gallery of what others were wearing, and maybe "aristocratic elegance" was a poorly defined theme. But no one else had pants quite like these.

In more Ovechkin news shamelessly borrowed from others, here's Ovechkin with the rapper Timati.

And here, from ages ago, is Ovechkin on a Harley. New to me, possibly, or maybe my bored mind is just compensating. It's from this gallery.

By Dan Steinberg  |  July 6, 2010; 2:46 PM ET
Categories:  Caps
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Capps didn't know about his all-star bonus
Next: Jared Allen on Albert Haynesworth

Comments

I hope Ovie is finding some time to work out some. I suspect that Crosby is.

Posted by: poguesmahone | July 6, 2010 4:48 PM | Report abuse

Ovechkin is a jerk. He gets too much of a free pass for shoving fans and media at the Olympics. I don't care what pants he's wearing on some lame red carpet; he's got such a big head already and acts like a spoiled kid.

Posted by: noahjacobs | July 6, 2010 5:05 PM | Report abuse

I'd take Ovy on my team over any d-bag from Cole Harbor, NS

Posted by: CF11555 | July 6, 2010 6:24 PM | Report abuse

@noahjacobs, once again, another Pens fan who doesn't have the facts straight. It was not a fan, it was a parapazzi with the camera in an area where they were off-limits. If you're gonna spew your stupid hatred, then at least get your facts straight.

And Ovi having a bigger head than Crosby? Who didn't show up at the NHL awards in 09 aftering having just won the cup 'cause he wasn't nominated for anything? They wanted him there (Kane was there this year and he wasn't nominated), but no, Crosby couldn't be bothered.

Posted by: dfe1 | July 7, 2010 7:51 AM | Report abuse

And Dan, I have a feeling what Ovi is wearing is swim trunks, not pants, since he was at a beach resort. Not that it makes much difference, but it might explain the design.

Posted by: dfe1 | July 7, 2010 7:54 AM | Report abuse

I wonder if BMW knew that Ovie prefers his SL AMG Black Series from the house of Daimler before they invited him to their event.

Posted by: playahatah | July 7, 2010 10:40 AM | Report abuse