Rocky McIntosh is tired of Haynesworth's shenanigans

You knew that Rocky McIntosh's contribution to the Haynesworth-bashing genre would be above-average when he dropped this description of No. 92: "The one that hasn't been around that needs to be around."

"The one that hasn't been around." I like that, Rocky. You can write for me any time. Just use more fat jokes next time, please. Might I suggest "The fat one that hasn't been around."

McIntosh, it goes without saying, was discussing the issue of the year on the LaVar and Dukes Show, the No. 1 source in the universe for informed Haynesworth bashing. I can't get enough. Neither can they.

"I mean, it's cool," McIntosh said, when asked if the one that hasn't been around has been a distraction. "It's up to him. It's his decision. Team-wise, we would like him to show up every once in a while to kind of get some things down and participate. But the way I see it, the year before he came we were No. 4, and when he came we were No. 10. With or without him we're still gonna be pretty good."

And how will Haynesworth be treated once he returns?

"It all depends on his performance," McIntosh said. "If he does good, I think everything will go by smoothly. But if things don't turn out, I guess there's gonna be some turmoil in there, because a lot of guys are tired with the shenanigans that he brings along."

This might be the only Haynesworth update of the day, unless and until LeBron is asked about Haynesworth during The Decision.

(McIntosh also said that the team's down linemen are looking "big and chunky, as they should be," that "it all starts with that nose" in the 3-4, and that "the one's that's here, they've been working and they've been doing their job.")

By Dan Steinberg  |  July 8, 2010; 1:55 PM ET
Categories:  Media , Redskins
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: The Redskins' new marketing campaign
Next: Washington Kastles title bling

Comments

Dan, what's your chances of getting a one-on-one interview with big fatty himself on the opening day of training camp? Tell me you wouldn't pee your pants with excitement.

Posted by: pgugino | July 8, 2010 2:10 PM | Report abuse

I like how Rocky said "it's cool" but you just know it totally was NOT cool with him. Zing!

Posted by: NateinthePDX | July 8, 2010 2:20 PM | Report abuse

Funny how we demand so much from wilbon yet this guy can talk about AH every day and we dont complain. Dan mails in an AH article every day and calls it work and we think its OK because we are soo busy bashing AH that we dont realize this guys isnt even writing anything, then we scrutinize Wilbon as if we are Pulitzer judges. Whats up with that?

Posted by: ged0386 | July 8, 2010 2:47 PM | Report abuse

You need some of those TMZ type stalkerazzi to get some pix of ol' GravyBoat Al to see what he's looking like these days. I'm surprised the smell of the grease spill uptown didn't lure him back round here...Or get one of those 'Bat Signal' lights with a flashing 'Krispy Kremes' signal then clear the streets...

Posted by: kahlua87 | July 8, 2010 2:49 PM | Report abuse

Good grief GED.... He may write about AH everyday but you seem to complain about the writers every day too and that gets a bit tiring as well. Just chill out.... It's a slooooow time for DC sports news and he has to write about something. Try writing your own Blog every day and let's see how original you are when there isn't any DC Sports news.I'm not trying to bust on ya, just saying it isn't as easy as you think....

Posted by: LaureninGlenBurnie | July 8, 2010 3:08 PM | Report abuse

So I'm a skins fan living in Knoxville for a little while; I went to my gym for a jog during lunch today and saw haynesworth working out (a guy his size decked out in skins gear is easy to spot in Knox) for those of you interested. Couple of things I wanted to point out: 1, he was in a gym (I've seen him before out at a bar so this was an improvement). 2, He was indeed wearing all skins gear (i'm sure he gets it for free). and 3, if his playing weight is 350, he does not look it right now (I'd say maybe 300). anyway, if he's there again tomorrow I'll try to get a pic and send it in to the bog.

Posted by: id22 | July 8, 2010 3:34 PM | Report abuse

Oh, man, how great would it be if someone did as LeBron about Haynesworth tonight!

Dan, do you know anyone who will be attending the PC? If so, please instruct them to only ask questions that do not in any way pertain to LeBron.

How many non LeBron related questions would it take to send him off the deep end? 1, 2 tops.

I'm sure that ESPBron has already scripted out the questions and this could never happen, but man would it be great.

Posted by: Original_etrod | July 8, 2010 3:34 PM | Report abuse

My old high school is looking for wrestlers. They need a 185 and a 215. Maybe he can divide himself and do something useful. I am sure eligibility won't be an issue since his maturity level is right there with a teenager. At least the school won't have to worry about another reduced-free lunch.

Keep nailing him, Dan. You'll guilt trip him into showing up in shape!

Your pal in Wheaton

Posted by: BushH8er | July 8, 2010 4:01 PM | Report abuse

Yes Rocky you were No.4 with how many sacks?

The reason why they bought AH in because Rocky you and the others could not sack the QB.

Who are you people that listen to sports radio?
Enough is said at the Bars and Barber Shop.

Dan, this is getting a little OLD, maybe you should talk about the new players on the team. How are they getting along or are you going to Bore us with this in August.
On with the Shanahan experiment!

I suddenly got this image of Snyder listening to Eric B and Rakim (paid in Full)

Posted by: shamken | July 8, 2010 4:07 PM | Report abuse

Mac: But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun!
Thorny: [referring to Farva] Yeah, and his shenanigans are cruel and tragic.
Foster: [after a pause] Which... makes them not really shenanigans at all.
Mac: [in a silly voice] Evil shenanigans!

Posted by: ronmalibu | July 8, 2010 4:47 PM | Report abuse

Hey Dan: Instead of suggesting that Rocky call AH the "fat one," why don't you get in his face when he arrives and do it yourself?

Posted by: stanmose | July 8, 2010 5:21 PM | Report abuse

ged0386- as for the wilbon comparison, i bet there's a serious difference in the paycheck. i would at least hope so. this steinberg guy is obviously paid to listen to the Levar Arrington and Dukes show. Having tried to listen to it, i should have been paid too. these quotes are probably the best part of their 4-hour slot.

Don't worry, with the way things work Steinberg will be the NFL blogger soon enough just like Jason LaCa... however you spell his name.

Posted by: oknow1 | July 8, 2010 5:27 PM | Report abuse

I personally love the opinions of ged0386. One this issue and on the Wizards Insider comments.

Posted by: TheMeccaHowardU | July 8, 2010 7:34 PM | Report abuse

Good grief GED, allow me invite you to my community:
--== Cougara.C/o/M ==-- (where mature women and men who like cougar find love).
Best Cougar dating site in the world!
It's where cougars and younger men can meet(Cougar is the slang for woman who is mature, experienced and want to date with a younger man). No matter you are looking for a NSA or serious relationship, please do check it out!
And also you may find yourself more compatible with young men.
For young men, dating an older woman has numerous advantages. You can sometimes learn valuable advice from her on how to conduct himself in a difficult situation. She is your best listener and supporter.
Join us and contact tens of thousands of cougars and cougar admirers!
It's where mature women and men who like them can get fvcked.

Posted by: cookienihui | July 9, 2010 7:41 AM | Report abuse