T.O. has "open arms" to Redskins

You know who would create way more Web traffic for me than Albert Haynesworth?

Terrell Owens would. It would be the Web traffic bounty of all time. It would also divide the fan base, sell jerseys, create seething discontent, and probably end in a contentious locker room fiasco, but the Web traffic would be great.

I think it's more likely that Albert Haynesworth delivers $21 million worth of pennies directly to Daniel Snyder's office in a burgundy-and-gold-plated wheelbarrow than that T.O. shows up in Ashburn, but he's apparently still hoping for that phone call.

"Well you know what? Definitely that's something that was on the radar," Owens told Nashville's WGFX this week, when asked if a reunion with Donovan McNabb was still a possibility. "And if that's a possibility and they want to bring me in and make that happen, then I'm open arms to it. And I think Donovan has come out and said that things that have happened in the past sometimes were overblown with the media. It's surprising how it takes some years to go by for things like that to come out, but Donovan and I are good friends now and we've talked. We just played in this Pros vs. Joes [TV event] with myself, him and Antonio Gates against some NBA champions - Hakeem Olajuwon, Rick Fox and Kenny Smith."

The conversation then switched to a less footbally tone, but later, the hosts asked Owens about which quarterbacks he'd like to play with. After mentioning Philip Rivers, he came back to McNabb.

"Obviously you mentioned reuniting with Donovan," Owens said, "but I think going to Washington and playing with him obviously would be a good thing, because I feel like their team is on the cusp of really getting to the playoffs and really making something happen....I'm just looking for a team that's in the hunt, obviously to get to the playoffs and obviously win it all. Because honestly, once you get to the playoffs, you never know what can happen."

I guess that's true. You never know what can happen. But I'll bet you three dead Verizon Center cockroaches that Terrell Owens doesn't play for the Redskins.

(Via Sports Radio Interviews via Hogs Haven.)

By Dan Steinberg  |  July 9, 2010; 2:26 PM ET
Categories:  Media , Redskins
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: John Wall on LeBron's decision
Next: Caps have nearly 98 percent renewal rate

Comments

One word: NO

Posted by: TimDz | July 9, 2010 2:50 PM | Report abuse

Two Words: HELL NO!

Posted by: Vic1 | July 9, 2010 3:03 PM | Report abuse

Nothing to talk about here...move along.

- Ray

Posted by: rmcazz | July 9, 2010 3:08 PM | Report abuse

Three words: Absolutely Hell No!

Posted by: JAMNEW | July 9, 2010 3:10 PM | Report abuse

5 words

YES, wait I mean no.

Posted by: Stu27 | July 9, 2010 3:13 PM | Report abuse

If all the wide receivers in the world as a species became extinct, I still wouldn't take TO.

Posted by: JAMNEW | July 9, 2010 3:13 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: didnik | July 9, 2010 3:15 PM | Report abuse

YES!!!!!! Can you imagine the things TO would say about Fat Albert?! Just mic him up and listen to his words every time AH gets carted off the field gasping and wheezing in agony!

Posted by: rooster75 | July 9, 2010 3:25 PM | Report abuse

come on TO... the receivers we got ain't shite!

Posted by: tommycat | July 9, 2010 3:30 PM | Report abuse

If we take TO, does that mean we get rid of Albert? If that's the case, I'm in. I'll trade one ridiculously expensive, whiny a-hole for one moderately funny, cheap a-hole.

Posted by: 47mccoy | July 9, 2010 3:34 PM | Report abuse

Hmmmm....
Lemme think about it ...
Hmmmm.....

NONONONONONONONONONONONONO!

Next question, please.

Posted by: HughJassPhD | July 9, 2010 3:44 PM | Report abuse

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

We've got enough drama now, thanks.

Posted by: Jackmathias | July 9, 2010 3:44 PM | Report abuse

Only 3?

Posted by: CapsNut | July 9, 2010 3:49 PM | Report abuse

I'd be willing to take TO if he would be willing to replace Fat Old Albert at nose tackle.

Posted by: GaryRosenthal | July 9, 2010 3:57 PM | Report abuse

Uh...No. Thanks anyway.

Posted by: VaBroker | July 9, 2010 4:21 PM | Report abuse

Favorite TO quote, "I love me some me." And to TO I say no.

Posted by: bassguy654 | July 9, 2010 4:26 PM | Report abuse

...si...

Posted by: merajc86 | July 9, 2010 4:35 PM | Report abuse

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: DCFanatic | July 9, 2010 4:57 PM | Report abuse

In the United Languages of Bennetton:

NO, NADA,否, nr, non, nein, αριθ., いいえ, 아니다, não, нет, hell2dNaw

FIN

Posted by: kahlua87 | July 9, 2010 4:59 PM | Report abuse

T.O. makes me laugh. What a doof.

Posted by: AsstGM | July 9, 2010 5:09 PM | Report abuse

I like the turn of phrase "burgundy-and-gold-plated".

Posted by: NateinthePDX | July 9, 2010 5:32 PM | Report abuse

Hey Gang, I hate to say it. Mabe its just the heat talking but I am not seeing many other good options for our recieving core. I do not want to just hope that MK and DT finaly come threw. I waited for it last year and I just don't have any faith that they are going to be anything more then dissappointing. I say f it and sign TO for a 1 year deal only if Shannallen can't pull off a trade before the end of camp. I don't think VJ is the answer either. If Shannallen can get someone....anyone that can be a ligitimt starter ( I don't care if I don't spell it right so shut up ) which MK and DT are not then fine. Forget about TO. But if by the last week of camp, if we don't have anyone then f it. Sign TO

Posted by: PASkinsFan82 | July 9, 2010 5:33 PM | Report abuse

do you realy want to see the starters be Santana and DT. HELL NO. We need someone. Trust me I don't want TO but see him as a nessisary evil. Besides if a year in Buffalo dosn't change someone nothing will.

Posted by: PASkinsFan82 | July 9, 2010 5:37 PM | Report abuse

OK Dan:

If we count you, we need only 2 more dead Verizon Center cockroaches.

It amazes me how these a$$-kissing journalists are so fast to jump on the athletes--with the help of some of you idiots--but almost never point out the transgressions of these crooked owners.

GO LEBRON!!!!

Who even gave the Cleveland Cavaliers a thought before LeBron resurrected that cesspool from the dead.

For all of the exposure & money that LeBron has brought to Cleveland, stupid-a$$ Gilbert ought to be kissing Lebron's feet, among other things.

Posted by: stanmose | July 9, 2010 5:56 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Skeeterrific | July 9, 2010 6:36 PM | Report abuse

he better not come here!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: rachel216 | July 9, 2010 6:53 PM | Report abuse

This Cowboys fan loves the idea of Owens coming to DC! Make it happen Snyder!

Posted by: marym27 | July 9, 2010 7:03 PM | Report abuse

I've got 1 year left on my Club Level season ticket contract. If the Redskins sign Owens I will not renew.

Posted by: laud001 | July 9, 2010 7:31 PM | Report abuse

T.O. will go anywhere he can get a check !

Posted by: ellislawoffice | July 9, 2010 7:33 PM | Report abuse

I love me some me. I mean decent WRs. Skins got 'em?

Posted by: WorstSeat | July 9, 2010 7:52 PM | Report abuse

Hell YES to TO! Anybody who doesn't think he can come in and help this team is foolish. I hate to admit it, but you are. Why wouldn't we want someone who would come in and instantly make our team better at the receiver position. I don't get all the negativity about TO. He's better than any receiver we have. I believe the structure of Allen and Shanahan can successfully manage TO.

Albert Haynesworth is another story. Work ethic-wise, the two cannot be compared.

Posted by: mlindsey13 | July 9, 2010 8:01 PM | Report abuse

Good Grief !!!! Does one of the worst teams in the NFL need a clown like that, to make them even worse? Maybe he and McNabb could go somwhere and play catch. Even better, send them both back to the city of brotherly love.

Posted by: sameolddoc | July 9, 2010 8:11 PM | Report abuse

нет

Подписано,
Александр Михайлович Овечкин

Posted by: RojoJohnson | July 9, 2010 8:24 PM | Report abuse

Look, I am not a big fan but I have been saying since day one of Free Agency.. he actually, in a football sense, fits what we are doing here. We have brought in old, beat up journymen to fight for 3 spots. he is big, in shape and will open up the field for everyone. It creates another avenue.. plus, he can truly help mentor the big, young receivers we have. He is at the end of his career so 1 or 2 year would be enough. like I said, I am not a TO fan, at all but this would actually work.

Posted by: rvanags | July 9, 2010 8:28 PM | Report abuse

hmmmmmm

We like Riggo, and he was a clown. We like Dexter Mantley and he was a clown. You guys act like TO is the worst clown we ever thought of. Hell we singed Deion Sanders. Thats much much worse then TO.

Posted by: PASkinsFan82 | July 9, 2010 8:28 PM | Report abuse

f that pos bia ,
t.o. will never play for the Skins,
that sell out mo fo, never ever let near the burgundy and gold, he played for both dal and philly? yea? f that f-in sellout, always played like a bia against the Skins when ST21 owned that

-ST21

Posted by: retroskins14 | July 9, 2010 11:49 PM | Report abuse

I actually want to see the starting two as 89 and 11. I think Thomas is the closest this team will get to a true #1 receiver. He has the potential to be great. I bought his jersey....thats how confident I am. I say NO to TO!

Posted by: taylor3621 | July 10, 2010 1:56 AM | Report abuse

A MUST FOR ALL REDSKIN FANS!

Posted by: artsnsportz | July 10, 2010 3:29 AM | Report abuse

81? NO! NO! definitely no ocho uno!

I mean OCHO OH'NO!

Posted by: slvtruco21 | July 10, 2010 7:19 AM | Report abuse

нет

Подписано,
Александр Михайлович Овечкин

Posted by: RojoJohnson

полностью согласен мой товарищ

Posted by: hessone | July 10, 2010 7:33 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: sameolddoc

I second that. McNabb will never last the whole season, and yet another draft pick will bite the dust. Some folks just can't contain their lust. BOOK IT!

Posted by: hessone | July 10, 2010 7:42 AM | Report abuse

Prima Donna Front Office: Daniel "dot.bomb" Snyder. Ok, he appears to be on sabbatical for a few years.

Prima Donna Defense: The rich Albert Haynesworth. Ok, maybe he will come to training camp in shape ready to contribute.

Prima Donna Offense: Well, it was Clinton Portis but he may be laying low because he's got competition from LJ and Willy Parker.

Enter TO. He usually arrives in shape, ready to play. But can he (1) explode off the line (2) draw a double team (3) catch over the middle (4) increase his YAC from last year and (5) work with McNabb??

He knows his career is winding down because no one is meeting his contract demands. If he can do #5 and at least 2 others, pick him up at the market rate (thank god for Bruce Allen). Who cares about his off-the-field activities? I'm not impressed with the current crop of WR, his presence will increase competition.

Posted by: mdnativ2000 | July 10, 2010 8:16 AM | Report abuse

Does T.O. have anything left in the tank? He wasn't that great after San Francisco days so he has been trading on his earlier success. Kind of like Deion when he came to D.C. The heart was willing but the body didn't have it anymore. I hope the Redskins have turned a new leaf on signing former stars. At least when George Allen was assembling his old guys it was a team, the 'Over the Hill Gang' and not the over the hill players. They played as a team, and there is no T.O. in 'team'.

Posted by: bfjam | July 10, 2010 8:19 AM | Report abuse

Im sorry people..but im all for T.O. coming to town. 5 years ago i would have said hellz no! but now...i think he has been humbled alot the past two seasons...I can really see this working for some crazy reason. Hail to the Redskins

Posted by: pgcubano | July 10, 2010 8:49 AM | Report abuse

DO IT ....DO IT ....DO IT
HE IS A HALL OF FAME RECEIVED..IN GREAT SHAPE...AND WOULD BE A HUGE WEAPON FOR US....FORGET THE HYPE

Posted by: milorx | July 10, 2010 9:32 AM | Report abuse

The receiver less redskins would benefit from T.O.

The great coach gets the odd balls to play and fit in.

Posted by: agra09 | July 10, 2010 10:14 AM | Report abuse

We have no room for another idiot on this team. Between Danny boy and Fat Albert the position is filled to overflowing. TL (total loser) Might make a catch or two. He'll drop Many more, promote himself relentlessly, create turmoil in the locker room, and generally bring far more problems than contributions. Of course if Danny boy thinks he's worth it, it will be done. As for Manley, no one knew what a self absorbed, leach he was when he was popular. Sanders? Did anyone other than Danny boy celebrate his arrival? No, no, no to TL! Go back to Dallas. You losers deserve each other.

Posted by: TerpsfanstuckinNC | July 10, 2010 10:15 AM | Report abuse

"F" TO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: sbf845 | July 10, 2010 10:15 AM | Report abuse

We f*cking hate you, Terrell Owens.
- Redskins Fans

Posted by: ReginaldSmash | July 10, 2010 10:17 AM | Report abuse

I really do not know what the hubbub is about T.O.? The coach has given his answer and it was a resounding NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! So F-ck T.O. and BTW, F- Dallas!!!

Posted by: vexed50verizonnet | July 10, 2010 10:26 AM | Report abuse

As i said before the Skins have STUPID FANS!

All i know is when he came to Philly they went to the SUPER BOWL!

The Media made this guy the bad man and of course people bought into this.
TO never been locked up for anything,has not took steroids or had affairs like others in the NFL.
He's still can catch the ball.
Just like all recievers if he don't get the ball he's mad.

Oh but your happy about Shanahan who ain't WON CRAP since Elway. That's ok huh
IDOITS!

I REALLY HATE THIS TEAM AND OWNER!
HELL I HATE THE NFL, IT'S MADE IT GLORY OFF OF MEN WHO CARRIED ABOUT THE GAME!
ITS NOT THE SAME GAME YOUR GRANDFATHER LOVED.
ITS' A BUSINESS THAT'S WHY I CAN'T TRUST THE SO CALLED INTEGRITY OF THE GAME.

I don't blame AH for taking the money evidently he see what the game is really about.
IDOITS!

Posted by: SOLVBACK | July 10, 2010 10:57 AM | Report abuse

Look up locker room cancer in the sports dictionary and you see T.O.'s picture. He questioned Jeff Garcia's sexuality, said the Eagles would never lose if they had Brett Favre at QB (rather than Donovan McNab, yes, that Donovan McNab) and threw a hissy fit because Tony Romo and Jason Witten are friends and they share the ball amongst themselves.

Owens is also an old man by NFL standards at this point.

Posted by: randysbailin | July 10, 2010 11:10 AM | Report abuse

нет

Подписано,
Александр Михайлович Овечкин

Posted by: RojoJohnson

полностью согласен мой товарищ

Posted by: hessone | July 10, 2010 7:33 AM

Expect to learn of Rojo and hessone in next spy swap with the Russians. McCarthy was right -- they're everywhere. But what are they up to in SportsBog?

Posted by: 7snider7 | July 10, 2010 12:13 PM | Report abuse

His problem with McNabb was he didn't get the ball enough.

With this group of receivers,you don't think he'll get the ball enough ?

He would be a big asset on the field...let Shanahan deal with him in the locker room...oh wait, he's done a great job of motivating Haynesworth hasn't he ?

Posted by: petebowling1 | July 10, 2010 12:25 PM | Report abuse

Criticize his SKINS decisions, but not business acumen. Check out Dan Snyder in "Major League Entrepreneurs', also featuring Mark Cuban @ www.thesportsresume.com/video

Posted by: blinkyoureye1 | July 10, 2010 1:14 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: blinkyoureye1 | July 10, 2010 1:16 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: blinkyoureye1 | July 10, 2010 1:16 PM | Report abuse

I can't stand T.O.. but I love the Redskins and winning football games. If it generated some offense I'm all in. I hate to think we have to count on what we have again ...

Posted by: scottmando | July 10, 2010 1:16 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: blinkyoureye1 | July 10, 2010 1:17 PM | Report abuse

Can he play right guard?

Posted by: prestoj | July 10, 2010 1:33 PM | Report abuse

Can he play right guard?

Posted by: prestoj | July 10, 2010 1:33 PM | Report abuse

Just say N.O. to T.O.!

Posted by: clandestinetomcat | July 10, 2010 2:49 PM | Report abuse

F-ck anybody that says the Redskins have stupid fans!

Posted by: vexed50verizonnet | July 10, 2010 3:11 PM | Report abuse

sign him for a minimum salary with lots of incentives and then cut if a.) either MK or DT play to their ability and become stars or b.) he becomes a problem. There is really no risk and he is usually good in his first year with a team.

Posted by: nfcBEaST | July 10, 2010 4:18 PM | Report abuse

Why not. He'd get along great with Donovan. He'd be a great influence on Albert. He'd probably volunteer to work after practice with the young QB's. Just to make sure he's happy, why not 20 million up front, and 8 million per year. Get Vinny working on it as a consultant. Make sure Dan takes him to dinner. We want this to be a surprise, so don't tell Shanahan until the deal is done.

Posted by: jburnetti | July 10, 2010 5:34 PM | Report abuse

For whatever reason Steinberg breaths to find a way to put Haynesworth in his writings. The name Terrell Owens certainly is a near overwhelming non-subject for you. Most are way past the nonsense.

Posted by: CTaylor42 | July 10, 2010 6:07 PM | Report abuse

Is it the 'n' or the 'o' that's tripping everyone up on the answer...NO WAY TO!

Posted by: bgmathis | July 10, 2010 6:37 PM | Report abuse

no (nō)
adv.

1.Used to express refusal, denial, disbelief, emphasis, or disagreement: No, not him. No, you're wrong.
2.Not at all; not by any degree. Often used with the comparative: no better; no more.
3.Not: whether or no.

n. pl. noes (nōz)

1.A negative response; a denial or refusal: The proposal produced only noes.
2.A negative vote or voter.

interj. Used to express strong refusal, doubt, or disbelief.

[Middle English, from Old English nā : ne , not ; see ne in Indo-European roots + ā , ever ; see aiw- in Indo-European roots.]

Posted by: fargincorksucker | July 10, 2010 6:41 PM | Report abuse

Let's be for real.... some guys are "coach killers", this guy is a "franchise killer".

Posted by: bills_2_cents | July 10, 2010 6:53 PM | Report abuse

OK some of you may not think this is cool but I kind of felt the same way about signing McNabb. Not that McNabb is a team killing, coach destroying, franchise lowering self serving celebrity love me some me kinda guy - like T.O.

But I'm not so sure that McNabb is the guy I would have added to the roster. I feel the same about T.O.

Posted by: BenThere | July 10, 2010 7:57 PM | Report abuse

Three words !!! Why not TO?? If Lebron can play with Bosh and Wade, why not TO get another shot with Donovan! Come on people this is country of of second third..nth chances..It would be terrific if TO shuts his mouth and compliments Satana...That way Santana can score more than a dozen TDs...and whadyoknow? good things can happen... Caps and skins could go all the way next year you know to go with Kastles and DC united...dreaming? What do you mean dreaming?? Is this all a dream? COme on now... No way!!!!!

Posted by: KarK | July 10, 2010 9:04 PM | Report abuse

I would postpone all personal activity related to the Redskins for as long as that cretin was a Redskin - going to and watching games, reading anything about them online or in the paper, even drooling over my Redskinette cheerleader calendar.

Posted by: johnwp | July 10, 2010 9:36 PM | Report abuse

As i said before the Skins have STUPID FANS!

IDOITS!

Posted by: SOLVBACK | July 10, 2010 10:57 AM

that's i-d-i-o-t-s...

Posted by: zatoichi77 | July 10, 2010 11:34 PM | Report abuse

"three dead Verizon Center cockroaches"

Man, you made me laugh so hard!

T.O. = N.O. according to Mike Shanahan.

Posted by: RedCherokee | July 10, 2010 11:58 PM | Report abuse

awwww a stupid IDIOT eagles fan trying to compare the classy Redskins fan to their ignorant fans....how cute.

Redskins have tasted the glory days, know what a superbowl looks like from up close, eagles fans? nada! zero!

Idiot front office of the eagles who let McNabb go before ANDY REID, when the play calling was so idiotic, a front office that couldn't see the real problem, a stupid coach who didn't run the ball enough and put everything on MCNABB.

Posted by: slvtruco21 | July 11, 2010 12:18 AM | Report abuse

This is so very Redskins.
Oh yeah. I like this plan.

Posted by: Ezra2 | July 11, 2010 4:51 AM | Report abuse

Bring him in!! I think we are certainly looking at another year of dysfunction with "I'll b Hurt" hanging around. Press conferences with Portis, Hall, I'll b Hurt and TO all at one table would be lovely to see...

Posted by: JoeKnack | July 11, 2010 7:11 AM | Report abuse

I would say YES only if he and McNabb have put the past behind him. Lets be honest. We need help at WR. He will bring more to the table than our current starters. Also, he tends to behave in the first year with a new team, plus..I am sure the cowgirls are rethinking the Roy Wiliams trade. He was not the problem in Dallas. He seemed to be on good behavior with Bills last year. He has got talent and yes is nearing the end of his career which just maybe the reason for him to act right. Could be last shot in the league.

I am sure I a gonna get bashed for this one.

Posted by: skinsfanNC | July 11, 2010 9:55 AM | Report abuse

Other than Santana Moss who do we have who is better at WR right now? Besides we seem to be bringing in everyone to create some competition so why not? I would like to see the young WR's step up - maybe this is the kick in the azz they need.

Posted by: Jim31 | July 11, 2010 3:11 PM | Report abuse

I hope the ahole that is TO never gets another NFL job ever again.

and this may be the year that happens. NFL owners, don't pick this ahole up. let him rot.

Posted by: greatteamdan | July 11, 2010 3:40 PM | Report abuse

I dont want buckwheat on our team

Posted by: b37bomber | July 11, 2010 3:52 PM | Report abuse

I'd rather see Fat-Albert at "wide-receiver" than T.O. !!!

Posted by: herbertfoley7 | July 11, 2010 11:04 PM | Report abuse

no. the guy is a great athlete but has been a cancer everywhere he's played. we don't need any more divisiveness than we already have. screw t.o.

Posted by: dcjazzman | July 12, 2010 2:14 AM | Report abuse

Since when has H3LL FROZEN OVER????? OR who reported the sight of Pigs flying????

As if the Redskins don't already have enough "characters"???? I pass please!

Posted by: wagenstill | July 12, 2010 8:46 AM | Report abuse

Simply put: bring T.O. into camp, acquire Vince Jackson from the Chargers never mind that 3 game suspension since we'd have him for 13 games. And finally bring in Westbrooke at running back. Let the coaches determine who we keep, who we cut. But can you imagine T.O. and Vjack and Westbrooke, McNabb, Cooley, Fred Davis, Portis, Parker, Johnson, Moss, Devin Thomas, Malcolm Kelly...I say bring them all on and see who shakes out at the end. If TO outplays what we have then so be it. Let the leadership and coaches take care of what goes on in the locker room and as long as the product on the field is premium. Remember everyone, WINNING tends to sooth a lot of the disgruntled including us fans.

Posted by: washdc11 | July 12, 2010 10:49 AM | Report abuse

T.O. will be signed after the week 1 debacle when Galloway injures his hammy during pre-game introductions, Bobby Wade plays like - well, Bobby Wade and Kelly/Thomas crap their pants under the bright lights.

Posted by: coparker5 | July 12, 2010 12:05 PM | Report abuse

Sign Westbrook and T.O. and let them be our starting wr's.

Posted by: coparker5 | July 12, 2010 12:27 PM | Report abuse

Sign him. We need an experienced big-body receiver to teach Thomas and Kelly how to use their size to get open. Moss and the others really can't do that. TO can still be a highly productive receiver. So what if he has a mouth? Just ignore it.

Posted by: allknowingguy | July 12, 2010 1:30 PM | Report abuse

нет

Подписано,
Александр Михайлович Овечкин

Posted by: RojoJohnson

полностью согласен мой товарищ

TRANSLATION!

Posted by: hessone
Net Signed, Alexandr Mikhailovich Ovechkin

Posted by: RojoJohnson
totally agree my friend

It isn't good netiquette to post in your odd alien language on an english-speaking site without offering a translation comrade.

Posted by: monkeymayonaise | July 12, 2010 1:48 PM | Report abuse

hessone, rojojohnson

Хокей не е толкова интересна, тъй като футбол (американски), за да се откажат ни дразни с странно чуждестранни културни и спортни беседа Redskins.

Posted by: monkeymayonaise | July 12, 2010 1:55 PM | Report abuse

T.O. is 36, declining numbers the last 3 years, has not been able to play nice on any team since leaving San Fran. Would he be able to help a team, yes, he still has talent though not the superstar he thinks he still is. Would he be an improvement over our current roster of wr's, probably about equal. Would he be disruptive in the locker room, he does not start out that way. He really does try and get along in the beginning but then frustration of not being the one and only wideout gets in the way and comments get made, then it starts. I would say the sportswriters would love to have him, makes for great quotes and stories throughout the season. He will get picked up, but a team like the Skins that is trying to rebuild and does not have a solid nucleus of core players already established would not be a healthy environment for someone like T.O. who has a history of stirring things up and being a bit too vocal.

Posted by: skins50 | July 12, 2010 4:42 PM | Report abuse

C'mon guys! You take this too seriously. I think it would be great to have him here. It would definitely be entertaining and we would get a lot of media attention. We fans would be waiting for the explosions on the sidelines, the animated touchdowns, the entertaining news conferences, and the jealous team mates.

This is what American sports has come to. You guys from the 1950s need to just go root for a nice boring team. Bring him on! Let's make it fun and exciting!!

Posted by: crw901025 | July 12, 2010 11:48 PM | Report abuse

TO is a washed up loser.

Posted by: johnfchick1 | July 13, 2010 7:00 AM | Report abuse

Hey man look!!!! Cant be no damn worse than Joey "F"in Galloway!!!!! An ex-cowgirl!!!! And T.O. is more productive than him! Sign him to a incentive based contract! He's desperate right now. Mike said he wanted competition at all spots! Joey Galloway(38) Bobby Wade and Mike Furrey!! Those guys dont scare me!!!

Posted by: doomzdaybc | July 13, 2010 12:25 PM | Report abuse

NO to Owens! Thomas and Kelly need a year to develop so Shanny can see if they are right for the Skins' long term plans. Owens' presence would be a distraction and a setback for our young players.

Posted by: jksesq1 | July 14, 2010 2:42 AM | Report abuse

Here is a man who thought he could get away with any and everything. Now that Father Time is looking for him, he wants to act like he was never a jerk. Obviously he's in great shape and probably can still play the game but, I don't think any team will sign him because he's a cancer in the locker room...a drama queen.

He's probably thinking if he would've only had a little more class he'd still be playing football.

He deserves exactly what he gets...JERK!!!

Posted by: carterm1 | July 14, 2010 5:35 PM | Report abuse

He deserves exactly what he gets...JERK!!!

Posted by: carterm1 | July 14, 2010 5:36 PM | Report abuse

Everything was always overblown by the media according to T.O. As if he expects us to ignore his sideline tirades.

Sadly, the Redskins have a cellar dwelling WR corp, and T.O. knows it. Looks like Cools and Davis better be ready for lots of targets this year.

Posted by: Rex91 | July 15, 2010 2:29 PM | Report abuse

I for one don't want to set around for another year to wait for both MK&DT to produce.One can't run the routes and still favors his injured knee, the other is to busy being the Pretty Boy in videos. Expect Thomas to have another injury to his hamstrings, not be on the field for preseason, but manage to stay on the team. Trade Kelly to the Rams!

Owens played for the Bills last year, and stats are still better than what we have, aside from Moss, and Davis last year. Thomas isn't suited for the #1 slot. He can't get separation from the press defense, and alot of teams are not spending alot of time trying to figure out how to defend against him.

Owens might be a little older, but no one, especially the teams within the division can't afford to not take him serious when he on the field. Corners won't press him, and the Safety have to play deep. Hell he burned us for 4 TD's in one game. Just think what he could do against Dallas "WEAK" Secondary. Something Kelly and Thomas can't do!

Posted by: WARPATH85 | July 15, 2010 5:22 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: doomzdaybc | July 13, 2010 12:25 PM | Report abuse

Going after Vincent Jackson will cost more, and takes away from next years draft. He'll also be suspended for atleast 3 games. I rather have Owens over Galloway. There was a reason he didn't play long for the Pats. Rather see him opposite of Moss. I bet Terrance Austin could beat out both Thomas and Kelly.

Posted by: WARPATH85 | July 15, 2010 5:34 PM | Report abuse

I wonder just how many of you will be kissing AH's butt if he's a major contributor to the defense this year? Guess we'll know in 14 days!

Posted by: WARPATH85 | July 15, 2010 5:42 PM | Report abuse

I'd tend to say NO .... but after looking at our receivers I'm actually leaning YES.

Honestly TO could easily be our #2 receiver with what we have now ....

Posted by: mac2j | July 16, 2010 6:27 AM | Report abuse

T.O. you played yourself.. Retire man....Find something else to garner everyone’s undivided attention towards you.

Posted by: dc4life | July 16, 2010 8:44 AM | Report abuse

Unemployment line for T.O.

Posted by: Redskins_fan | July 16, 2010 3:57 PM | Report abuse